PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• sharloid
    sharloid Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure I can manage 5 but I'm excited about the pot of dandelion syrup I've got boiling on the hob. :)
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

It's been a bad day so I'll see what I can manage - I'm definitely being shuffled off into a corporate corner so they can make me redundant :mad:

1) NSD
    2) Another no smoking day - although I was sorely tempted :o
    3) Nice gammon steak for dinner
    4) Chat with a friend on MSN who I hadn't spoken to for a while - unfortunately they're in the same situation but at least we could have a mutual moan
    5) Sun finally came out after a day of fog
    6) My holiday starts on Friday at approximately 4pm :j

Hope you all had a good day.

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs Carolyntia, I can imagine the temptation to smoke must have been very strong, but am so pleased that you didn't cave in, big hugs ((( )))

1. Dropped OH back to his house this morning :( but also :) as we've had a great time over the weekend :)
    2. DD is getting VERY excited about my forthcoming birthday, so am I wondering what she's written in her book for me :):)
    3. Filled up the car with petrol :(:( but it was 3p a litre cheaper than my local station.....woo hoo
    4. Popped into the attached supermarket and a great bargains, a YS gluten free cake mix that was supposed to be £2.09 but it came up on the till as 50p and the lovely assistant let it go through :)
    5. A few YS dented tins to restock the cupboard
    6. Quick chat with my mummy :)
    7. A very lazy day working from home
    8. Made a couple of meals' worth of chicken soup for OH out of the remains of the dinner party chicken pieces, hopefully he'll be enjoying the first of them tomorrow night :):):)

Frith - hope it went your way today x
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Kittikins wrote: »
    Hugs Carolyntia, I can imagine the temptation to smoke must have been very strong, but am so pleased that you didn't cave in, big hugs ((( )))

Frith - hope it went your way today x

Thanks Kittikins - I'll be ok.....have managed to distract myself by applying for more jobs - my temptation to swear and accuse them of constructive dimissal was even worse and I managed not do that :rotfl:......and thanks for reminding me about Frith's day. How did you get on Frith?
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,193 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Well, it wasn't the final hearing for the children. :-( I didn't really think it would be, he's been taking me to court for 6 years! We will need a 3rd Cafcass report to ascertain the wishes of the children and it'll be back to court in the summer... Ex a bit mad and ranty today.

5 for today.

1) Just after midnight so counts as today! MrN brought me round hot chocolate with brandy in to calm my nerves. :-)

2) Early this morning - he brought me a cup of tea. :-))

3) Lots of text messages from MrN, sister, mum and friend when I was in court.

4) Popped in to see my school friend after court and took her some home made cake.

5) Mum and dad had babysat boys while I was away so they had made jam tarts and been on slow worm hunts.

6) Went swimming with boys and my brother.

7) Mentioned cleaning the car and mucking the rubbish out of it and smaller son decided he wanted to do it for me!

8) Fish and chips for tea.

9) Played football with the boys for a while then they had a few races. Smaller son is the fastest runner and on the start of a sprint, bigger son had what I can only describe as wheel spin under his shoes and managed about 10cm before falling over!

10) Been playing the piano this evening.
  • Fridayschild
    Options
    Bit late in the day, but her goes!!
    1. Early morning view of a spotted woodpecker feeding from the birdfeeders in the garden.

2. Coffee and chat with a dear friend, whilst sitting in her sunny garden.

3. The smell of home baked cakes in the oven.

4. Hug from my DD.

5. Glass of wine in the garden as the sun went down.

K xx
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Here are my five.

1. No washing needed to be done.

2. Sausage casserole for tea.

4. Went to park to take photos of DS1 for project DH is doing. Lots of its embrassing but some laughs.

5. House tidied.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    villagelife that's cheating .....you missed out number 3!

Very lazy daisy day!
    1. Snuggled up in bed with DD2 & watched Rataouille on computer. I enjoyed it ashadn't seen before.

2. Stayed dry enough to get washing out, it's forecast to rain.

3. Only needed to do a quick tidy up...this having children home to 'share' the work is great!

4. Down at library just now, using their internet!

5. Managed to watch Eastenders from last night on Youtube.....1/2 hour episode has taken over an hour to watch but I am a happy bunny!

Enjoy your Tuesday!
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Carolyntia - argh to companies and their little ploys, glad you had a friend to moan with, I always find a good whinge makes me feel a lot better! Will keep my fingers crossed that you find an even better and more enjoyable job x

Frith - argh to your ex! I would say at least he wants to see his boys, but it sounds like he also wants to make your life hard, so not sure which is his first choice! I'm just eternally grateful that I get on well with my ex and we mostly manage to work together as far as the kids are concerned, though don't get me started on Spudette's daddy!

Had a lovely day yesterday, so here are my pleasures:

1. Got through the flylady levels, little and often seems to have done the trick, as last time I tried I didn't get past a couple of level one bits! Only missed out wiping down paintwork, but did actually do skirting boards last week, so feeling very chuffed with myself!

2. Went to garden centre with my girls and got a raised bed on offer along with a few reduced veg plants to go in it, will fill the rest with the myriad of seeds I've got growing! Today we will put it in place and plant it up, ran out of time yesterday as I had to go to work.

3. Had a call to say my food processor was available for collection, so picked it up after work, girls enjoyed unpacking it and I had a browse of the recipe book. Looks like it can do all I need and more, so I'm very very happy with it. Looking forward to trying it out today, will be making chutney later as we've run out, much to ds's horror - the boy can eat spoonfuls straight from the jar! Will be an enormous pleasure to let the processor chop the onions and apples for me!

4. Have dd3 snuggled up asleep next to me, she fell out with dd2 last night and vacated her room, I found her asleep on the landing this morning!

5. The sun is shining, I have the day off, and I'm taking my girls out to Clarks Village, dd3 needs a swimsuit for school, dd1 wants to look at prom dresses, dd2 is after new undies, and I want to drool in the Le Creuset shop! ds is off to a mate's house for the day. Looking forward to a browse in the sunshine and time with the kids.

Hope everyone has a great day xxx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Grrr... I am being a grump today. I'm really fed up with work and really need this break that is coming up.

1) NSD

2) Got round to transferring my ISA's to the new one that I have opened

3) Gorgeous sunshine

4) Walk into town with a nice colleague

5) Funny chat with my friend on BBM... we are equally frustrated with our jobs

Night all... am going to either make myself a cocktail or eat my bodyweight in icecream...

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure