PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2011 at 9:57AM
    Options
    Will try to be succinct:p. Fat chance!
    Another day, they do keep coming.

1. So much to do, but know I will be in le Tunnel before midnight.
    2. The difference of this journey being so great, had quiet and comforting hug visit with L. on way back from Charity Showroom last night. Big change for self, actually said why. L has had comparable situ. to survive. I left remaining half of huge h/m carrot cake which we were too busy to get through yesterday. A needed 'naughty but nice' with tea under fig tree.
    3. Lovely customers bought, then brought[Martin's 10:mad: discussion, for which:T] me a big Easter egg! It's en route aussi ce soir.
    4. Blackbird came right down by my feet during visit and, said L, answered me as I spoke to him. It truly seemed so. He then flew back to ivy wall chattering away, as if to say 'See, I did dare...' We both thought this simultaneously.
    5. Spoke with M.[in my beloved Var- old stamping ground] 'I've been wearing my fleece while moving donkey', said she. I told her '25 degrees here today....' I [cheekily?/foolishly?] promise to bring decent sun with me. We will have a happy time, healing too, j'espère. Feels nice,too, that I will shortly dig up more rasps & strawbs to take down, at her request.
    6[as my usual 5 requires] - a marvellous thing learnt at Library, should have posted it a couple of weeks ago. There is an excellent yearbook entitled 'Who Else Writes Like...?' and I now see it's also online.
    http://www.whoelsewriteslike.com/index.php?action=AutoLogin&l=616&h=788cf55aa
    I actually copied out a page of authors to try and it's working.
    Terrific, now that I've read all of Louise Penny's output and can do with similar light stuff atm.
    ###########
    I rid myself of all my many[French acquired]le Creuset a few years ago. Had loads of it over years. They felt millstone-like eventually - weighty, needing long soaking, more encumbering than enabling. I now have Meyer[from Heals in my Habitat staff discount days and crimbo money 30 years back] and other faves. often old but feeling right in the hand, from carboots etc.and this is an ongoing faiblesse. 2 elderly alu lidded pots were carboot buys and they somehow feel perfect very often. So, I am content to be paysanne/snob mix:cool:.

A lovely day to all.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• BlimusOreilly
    Options
    Hi all,
    Lovely to have a very brief catch up on all your joys :)

Here are mine from yesterday:

1. An amazing relaxing day with good friends in the park. We were there for nearly the whole day. Hardly saw the children as they had so much fun playing and making new friends. Whilst the adults wre either lazing in the sun or crocheting/knitting and having a good natter. Bliss!
    2. The weather, obv!
    3. Home made banana cake with cut up mars bar pieces in. Um but yum.
    4. Feeling energised enough to do another trawl through the house to find more things to get rid of on ebay.
    5. Bumped into another old friend in the park and we both marvelled about how the children had grown up.
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, I have lived in Australia for 6 months today. Not every day has been a pleasure nor has every day been easy but I am grateful for this thread and encouraging words you give & that we can share our pleasures (and have a moan!) no matter how small a pleasure may seem.

1. Nice lazy day again.....will get a shock to system next week once holidays are over!
    2. Had a nice bath! Was pouring with rain so feel less guilty about my weekly treat!
    3. Gave wardrobe a bit of a sort out & had a clear out! DD2's school is having arag bag collection next week so have a bags worth to hand in.
    4. Popped out for milk.....and $20 later....bought ,amongst other things ,another butternut squash & made more soup for tea and a savoury mince pie for tea which was quite yummy.
    5.Enjoyed laughing & chatting with my husband & children which is after all why we made this HUGE life changing move to Australia!

Hope you all have a good day, M x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2011 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Happy 6 monthiversary mhagster

Blimus - omg, that banana cake sounds amazing, although if I buy a mars bar I don't think I'd have the willpower to keep it long enough to put it in a cake mix!! nomnomnom

Bon voyage Ampersand :)

Doing a quick 5 before I get going today

1. Waking up with OH beside me :) Feeling all slushy and romantic and "missing him already" as I'm going away until Easter Sunday....
    2. I've got all the washing and drying up to date, thanks to the glorious sunshine :)
    3. Another quiet working day
    4. Aiming for a NSD but may buy some flowers for my mummy later
    5. Packing up to go and be with my beloved DD with a smile on my face and a skip in my step :)

Another one :)
    6. Found a £1 coin whilst clearing stuff out of the boot :)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello everyone,mine for today are
    1. I have planted lots of seeds in pots,both veg and flowers
    2. the weather is unbelievably fantastic
    3.i have the afternoon to myself to relax
    4. theres lots of washing drying in the sunshine
    5. i have a bunch of cut flowers from the garden in a jug on the kitchen table.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 April 2011 at 5:15PM
    Options
    A quickie cos I'm on a roll, must be the weather!

ampersand, bon voyage, stay well, return safely, and with
    mummysaver much as I may covet these things I have to be practical, the set of pans I bought ten years ago has a 20 year guarantee so being the OS'er that I am, can't justify my dream cookware yet :( - and by the time I can I'll be so old, decrepit and arthritic that I won't be able to pick them up :rotfl:
    Carolyntia yes thank you, am much improved, just muscular pain now but I'm a tough old bird and it takes more than a gammy muscle to stop me doing the things I want ;)
    oldtractor flowers in a jug on the table sounds so pretty, thank you for the lovely mental picture :)
    song-of-calliope what a beautiful name :)

1. up with the lark, showered, breakfasted and raring to go by 8.30am
    2. plumber here at 9am as promised (hurray) to replace the leaky rad in 2nd bedroom with a posh new model
    3. decorator here at 9.15am (early!) sanded down all the woodwork in 2nd bedroom and filled cracks where the walls and ceiling were parting company :eek:
    4. did the ironing and put it all away by 10am
    5. long chat with my lovely sister on the phone, they're hoping to come and vist next month on their bikes, all the way from North London!
    6. lovely chat with DS on the phone
    7. got 2 tea loaves in the oven for tonight's, and Sunday's, meetings
    8. put a salmon steak on the bottom of the oven to have with my salad later
    9. been saving grey water in a bucket in the kitchen as the water butt is empty, and haven't had to run the garden hose for three days. I know a thin solution of w/u liquid is supposed to kill greenfly, wonder if it works with washing up water? Not that I've seen any greenfly, but prevention better than cure, maybe? ;)
    10. My white lilac tree is in full blossom and is scenting my garden beautifully
    11. Looking forward to a free social evening with friends

Did I say a quickie? There's so much pleasure in my life at the moment I could go on for another 11, but better stop while I'm in the mood for doing some mending

Enjoy your evening, take care
    S x
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

ampersand - thank you very much for that authors link. I've never come across anything like that before and look forward to investigating properly over the long weekend. :T Have a great trip. :)

sparrer - I had a lilac tree in the garden of my previous flat and couldn't walk past it without stopping for a sniff. It's got to be one of my favourite fragrances. :)

1) Yet another sunny, deliciously warm day. I could get used to this!

2) My favourite tree is out in flower and looks an absolute picture.

3) Re-joined the OS weightloss thread - I've found it really helpful in the past and hope it will be again.

4) Did the money quiz from this week's MSE email and came out about average on everything except the thrift / being careful with money sections, which made me feel very OS indeed! :D

5) Watered the garden when I got home, which really made me feel like summer's here.

Have a very pleasant evening, all.
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks also to Ampersand for that link - very useful for a bookaholic like me!:T
    Thanks also for the welcome!

My 5 things today are:

1. Coming home to my dinner cooked by OH - HM curry!
    2. Getting an Easter Egg from my supervisor.
    3. Being given chocolate bunnies from my job share buddy:EasterBun
    4. Finding the sad looking pansies I planted last week have perked up and started flowering!
    5. Having a good old laugh with my workmates - one of those belly laugh moments:rotfl::rotfl:

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • lauraborer
    lauraborer Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    1. A hug from my lovely fiance
    2. Lying on the sofa after a hard days work
    3. Walking amongst the blossoming trees near our house
    4. Listening to the birds singing in the garden
    5. Another hug from my lovely fiance!
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

mhagster - congratulations on your 6 months anniversary!
    Marmiterules - yeah it's a great book...I'm enjoying it....can you recommend any more?
    Blimus - How's sunny Cromer? - I'm missing the 'flatlands' a little and might pop down for a holiday in the summer
    ampersand - enjoy your hols
    Sparrer - Glad to hear you're on the mend - you're not the only one who's a tough bird :p

It's been a long but productive day! Unfortunately the fog didn't clear until late but the tropical heat in my office means that we didn't miss out ;)

1) I got my new car :j
    2) No unplanned spending :D
    3) Still not smoking - one of the lads at work has also given up so we've been comparing notes - nice to have some to chat to about it :o
    4) My staff (the boys) behaved impeccably in a very long and boring meeting this afternoon:eek:
    5) Having a good laugh with the boys this morning - they all know about my job but are keeping my spirits up and they all want to keep in touch - I like to think that's cos I've been a good boss ;)
    6) The tall twig the builders planted in my front garden has finally started to bud so hopefully I'll be able to work out what it is - my current guess is one of the maples
    7) Only two more days of work before my hols start and my mum arrives :rotfl:

Hope you all had a good day.

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure