PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Small collection.
    1. Decluttering a bag of copper and 5ps and transforming them in to a more easily spent £10 note at the coin machine in my local supermarket. That bag of coins has been on the bottom of a bookshelf in my lounge for years.

2. Printing a £5 gift card out from survey rewards to use at the store. Net result, go shopping with bag of coins and bit of paper, get shopping and come home with more money in my purse than I set out with and bank balance untouched.

3. Making my own luxury chocolates from 2 tbsps coconut oil, 2 tbsps honey and 5 tbsps cocoa, plus vanilla essence. Melt the oil and honey together in as small a pan as possible on the stove, beat in the cocoa. Pour in to silicone ice cube tray. Makes 6 or so chocolates. Keep in fridge as very soft.

4. Cutting and colouring my hair myself, then styling it with my lovely new hot air brush that I was sent to review. I was so pleased with the results. I'm a bit out of touch with salon prices for cut n colour, but mine was £1.25, as it was just half a pack of colour.

5. Your pleasures, thank you. I soaked my feet whilst I was waiting for my hair colour to develop RinE, blissful, isn't it? I opened a tub of sugar scrub that a friend gave me ages ago, and I'd mislaid, it was still fine to use, so my feet got a good deep cleanse too.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 6 May 2017 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Oops. Wrong thread.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Puzzled by mcc's last post.
    1) pub lunch with dd2' dm and mr piano. 4 big breakfasts (and they were big!) and 4 teas - much fun swapping bits e.g. Hash brownie for tomato
    2) then dd1 and her friend joined us for more tea
    3) gbf came round and we took spaniels for a very long walk. Big yellow thing was out
    4) then we did a jigsaw while mr piano practised rach 3. What a lot of notes!
    5) then mr piano ordered pizza and we did crosswords.
    Pm to bop Will we be with the mariners next season?
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in!

2) Cracked on with changing beds, washing etc.

3) Geocaching - only 11 today but that was 2 hours of walking.

4) Helpful letters about benefits then was offered the job of presiding officer at the General Election! Not a very salubrious area (worked close to it before and had a few problems) but the £200 will be nice.

5) Went to see my sister for tea.
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Puzzled by mcc's last post.
    QUOTE]
    I posted a link meant for the Toiletries thread,:D:D here it is though,,,
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 May 2017 at 8:55AM
    Options
    5 Was out and about with Big Sis yesterday. No need to have done roast tatties, as it was not Sunday. Nattered, BoPsie and Big Sis went into cloths shop. I found man cave. Wobbleade was nice.

4 As for that on way home, BoPsie went via the moor and got an Exmoor Beast. He was quite fiery as well! Nice.

3 Just had my proper breakfast of flakes of golden corn, not the nut variety that has an excess off sugars and is bad for you, mixed with full protein white milk. Toast buttered with jam was wolfed down with concentrate of orange and eau de faucet. Tum rubbed.

2 Off to w8rs to get the shopping in. Roast chicken is thawed out and needs tatties for roast. Swede and carrot, leek, proper pan gravy and stuffing. Packet again says serves two. Will be curry come Tuesday.

Now on with your day!

Note to readers. BoP has scraggy fur and does not need fur curlers!
  • Datchet
    Datchet Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a lovely day in Yorkyshire

Fencing off neighbors "wildlife garden" to keep rabbits out of ours
    Planning a dig
    Writing a "Runner beans for sale ""sign
    Meal plan "no buy"
    Making pre cooked packed lunches
    "Is it that the future is so uncertain, the present so traumatic that we find the past so secure? " Spike Milligan
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures

1. lovely sunny blowy day, big white fluffy clouds
    2. two loads of washing done and dried including towels
    3. met up with friend and had a nice chat
    4. we walked to local car boot sale, I bought a bracelet for 50p, treated us both to an ice cream from the community centre 40p each and bought a big pot of dianthus pinks for £2
    5. did a bit of weeding, planted the dianthus and separated the forget-me-nots from the London pride and replanted in a spot of its own

Have a good Sunday. Its cloudy here in the south and we had a bit of a shower earlier, but hoping it will brighten up as the day goes on !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Back home once more and enjoying a much longed for kind-of-day-off. OH is still away, DS is going out for the day. Just me in my house. Stuff to do, but no panic.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Cooked dad and brother salmon for lunch. Was relished by all
    2 did a bit more kondoing at dads. Hopefully brother won't notice the bags in the bin...
    3. Did some work on the train. A big week of concentrated writing coming up but another corner turned
    4. Nice walk to meet DD in London. Walked over Westminster bridge (because it was the most direct route), hard to imagine the horror of a few weeks ago
    5. Nice meal with DD. we only had an hour and a half, but it was good to catch up the week. She is really enjoying her last term, with little evidence of the stress of most students' last terms. We went to a gourmet pizza restaurant on the south bank. For "gourmet" read "small" :rotfl: was very nice though. I always eat vegetarian pizza and this was a good one. When paying, I asked the waitress if they get all of the tip if I put it on the card. She said they only get 50% :eek: shocking. I paid the tip in cash cos they get it all then... Always worth asking. DD brought me a cupcake from a batch she had made - I had it on the train home. Yum

Have a great day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Almost bedtime. A very relaxed day . Bright morning and then cloudy and showery and windy later.

Blooming alarm went off this morning at get up for work time...except no work on a Sunday. Need to sort phone! But took advantage of being up and called a friend from home.

Back to painting the dresser. With all the weeks dramas this has been left , so radio on. Top half done and bottom half needs another coat tomorrow . Then I can get my table back....currently full of stuff!

Friends from home kindly looking after my house ...giving it some TLC after tenants have left a mess.

Nice tuna and sweetcorn sandwich for lunch.

Had a big snooze this afternoon.

My boy came home. He's been away camping / Rock climbing last few days.

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family