PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• allmannerofthings
    Options
    1. Washing drying on the line
    2. A squirrel in my garden! The first one I have seen out there in the fourteen years I have lived here :j

3. The group of sparrows that visit my bird table every day.

4. Watching a film and knitting this afternoon

5. Hot chocolate to satisfy a craving (would rather have Maltesers....)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 4 May 2017 at 5:02PM
    Options
    1. Washing drying on the line
    2. A squirrel in my garden! The first one I have seen out there in the fourteen years I have lived here :j

3. The group of sparrows that visit my bird table every day.

4. Watching a film and knitting this afternoon

5. Hot chocolate to satisfy a craving (would rather have Maltesers....)

I identify with these pleasures. :D No film or knit though.

About to pop some washing on my line now that I know I will not miss the delivery guy. My latest regular delivery person calls at the front door - washing line is at the back, of course.

I just also wanted to say I love your username, allmannerofthings.
    I bought this a couple of months ago:
    All Shall Be Well by Julian of Norwich terracotta plaque

It's where I can see it, propped up against the bottom of the TV, rather than on a wall.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) House clean and tidy, ironing done and put away, dog walked and tea about to be drunk, heavenly!

2) The first few clusters of elderflowers with wide open eyes as I walked Cookie today, not long to cordial making time.

3) Off to DD1 for the weekend for another Choral Society Concert this time away from home to mark a 900 year anniversary at a nearby Abbey, should be splendid.

4) I have lots of buds on the little patio rose DD2 got for me early last year, it's a deep red scented one so should be gorgeous when they open.

5) Had my hair cut yesterday, no longer look like a cross between a dandelion clock and Mr.Trumps toupet!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mhags - hugs for you and DD2.

1. Survived the week. Allowed to leave slightly early as had stayed late the previous two days.

2. Voted in local elections and it was quiet but a man was showing his son, aged about 6, how to vote and explaining how important it was.

3. Arranged to go and stay with a friend at the end of the month. Been trying to arrange a date to meet for ages.

4. Watching the birds on the bird feeder.

5. Reading my book.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    another day with challenges but can't do much about them yet!

Work. Done. Hurrah for Friday.
    Met friend at her local cafe. Had a peppermint tea.
    Did grocery shop. A few RTCs and dog food on special.
    Lovely chat on phone with friend in Sydney.

Had an email from pension fund here...please find attached an attachment. I couldn't open it, DD couldn't open it , mentioned it to friend from Sydney , send it to her husband ...he had a struggle but did manage to open it. Reading through I thought that's not what I wanted....phoned them up and oops it was their mistake! So this will take 8 weeks to come through...but at least I know it's dealt with.

It's been another bright and sunny day after a very chilly 2o start when I was going to work. Have a good day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MHAGS you're doing OK lovey, it's impossible to think 'life as normal' when you've had the wrench and loss that you (collectively as a family) have experienced because it's NOT yet the normal you're used to. Legalities and sorting outs in themselves are draining and set your teeth on edge when they're running smoothly let alone trying to live from day to day AND sort out glitches not (or even OF your causing) and maintain a swan like exterior when all you can feel is the feet going hell for leather under the water just trying to keep you afloat for that second, let alone the next one! You are ALL doing much better in life than you think, we can see it from the outside and for 9 weeks on you really are all amazing, life IS beginning to re-form itself in it's new format, you have gone back to a job you don't despise, the kiddlers and dearest Haggis are supporting you in every way they can and you are reciprocating with them, pretty darned brilliant if you ask me! HATS OFF to each one of you and a necky scratch for Haggis from Aunty Lyn xxx.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 May 2017 at 12:19PM
    Options
    5 Again and again. I rabbited on yesterday and forgets to mention that PK has gone and had proper food as well. Snorkers everyone the weekend is upon us all. At the mill we have put the brake in the wheel and the grind stone is well and truly stopped until Monday. Tums shall be rubbed and joy to all. Pay has hit the bank as well. Tad disappointed that readers in the parish have not sent the old fivers for liquidation, so you will have to do it yourself.

4 Did another forum on gaffes by Phil the Greek. It was amazing how many got high horsed without actually reading. In the same forum I mentioned that the anointed correctioners had a fall out and a spat, and all the cots had the toys strewn everywhere. It sill like his one about a Tarts Bedroom when referring to Andy and Fergie’s pad! Still, we see no more of Phil the Greek. If you did see him in public, I admired the way he stood just behind his wife, never walking in front. And to think all the correctioners never picked up on that! Mind you, I do have somewhere my Windsor walk medal he presented in 1980! Perhaps the old boy will bring out a book on his words, and how misunderstood others were in understanding them! At least when he did speak, he spoke like a proper trooper, and not some nonsensical nonsense! Hope he is now gargling on pebbles and chuckling at the media induced hysteria about his recent comeuppance, or that it did not happen. Not bad innings four short of a century! Oh, his lass Anne, she once served up the toast when we had to land some kites years back. Sodden in the rain, we came back to find her chopper was in as well. Rather than get all horsed up, she had the cups ready as well!

3 BoPsie legs unfortunately have turned to jelly. She is excited about the apple of big. BoP actually has managed to get in the visit to the Smithsonian museum in Washington to see Columbia. Holiday of a busman! Please keep this quiet as BoPsie, legs of jelly, thinks it is about seeing Cats on the front row. The box at the ballet. Some French statue! No No No No No No No No No No No No No. How wrong could she be. It is about seeing Columbia. Now that has yous lot rushing to the LieDepedia site to find out what Columbia is! Photo later!
    2 Night BoP is staying inn. Probably time for a Marylyn film I thinks! Got to keep fresh these days!

Stand back and take it in, your path clears from the fog.

MHags. Kit Kat. Break Time! Pack your bags, two nights away, relax and walk. Sort it! Yous not want BoP telling you again!

Hot Chocolate. Foam drink. Avoid! Only Cocoa here!

We’ve made enough hay this week, thank you!
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    5 BoP actually has managed to get in the visit to the Smithsonian museum in Washington to see Columbia.

Thought you might be going to the Intrepid air and sea musuem.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PK sorry to hear about your dad x
    Frith, what a useful leaving present, vouchers for local garden centre!, fab !

Not sure where Tuesday to Thursday went ! Recent pleasures

1. Monday was bank holiday, did a little pottering in the garden and lots of lounging around ;)
    2. its now Friday :jno more work till Monday yay !
    3. sunny and blowy have got washing out on the line after a few days of showers and grey skies its nice to see some sun. Lots of birds in the garden.

4. Occ Health meeting at work went as I was hoping, basically backed me up and told employer to wait for hospital as I already asked !

5. found some forget-me-nots growing in amongst a pot of London pride bought for £1 at car boot last year - 2 for the price of 1 :D Also found my free wildflower seeds from Kew offer seen on this site :money: and I am going to plant them this weekend.

Have a nice weekend everyone x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday (Thursday), a day of lots of little jobs (will have a lot of days like that until I catch up with everything I didn't do whilst working!)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Was "on call" all day for the election, but they didn't need me.

3) An hour on the allotment, talking to the hens and digging.

4) Into small steam railway town for charity shops - 1 purple half length sleeved T shirt - £2. Then to the library to get smaller son's football story books he had reserved.

5) Into other small canal town for charity shops - bright jade green H and M top for £3 (had almost no clothes apart from work clothes).b On to fish/reptile shop for 2nd filter for the turtle tank. One seems to be failing, despite our efforts including hand feeding him trout. :-(

6) On to the nursery, brandishing my vouchers! Got a new "trough" plant pot and feverfew, posh lavender, rue, sorrel, 2 x lemon verbena, camomile and something else that I've forgotten.

7) Sainsburys for a few bits. We always laugh how their herb pots have best before ends - got an oregano and a replacement parsley for 75p each!

8) Planted the new herbs.

9) Trout for tea, with mash, cabbage and peas. Then I made a treacle sponge.

10) Played football with smaller son for a while.

More later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport