PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Our friends in the dip on one of the lanes are having their thatch renewed, love the thatcher working I could watch for hours.

2) Zebra has made a dinosaur garden in a big pot with lots of ferns and lots of little dinosaurs, the picture of him beside it so proud was worth seeing this morning!

3) Half way round a very soggy Cookie walk this afternoon the rain stopped and the sun came out and stayed that way until we got home, lovely!

4) Rumbling thunder in the background, a long way off but the rain we got has cheered the garden up no end.

5) DD1 has treated us to some Twickenham tickets for the rugby final at the end of May, Oh my word how exciting is that?
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,038 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy May Day.
    1 Watched a daft movie.
    2 We got into gear and topped and tailed the whole house which is now presentable.
    3 Waited for the much needed rain to pass and hung 3 animal loads out.
    4 Leftovers for dinner hm mince mix with wholegrain rice and some new pots.
    5 Clean bedding for both us and the animals which means a nice soak for us later as well.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    May day pleasures

1. a lie in, neither me nor DS had work today
    2. yes BoP - part 2 of tin of pilchards on toast today
    3. cleared the rest of the front garden of weeds and used salt and boiling water on the roots I couldn't get up between the slabs :money:

4. also chopped back some of the shrubs in the back garden, between rain showers
    5. pork and crackling for dinner nomnom !!
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Miss_Penelope
    Miss_Penelope Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs Lurcher well done to Zebra for making his dinosaur landscape. I love kids with imagination and creativity.

My bank holiday OS pleasures

1. It is bank holiday and not rained.

2. Had a de-cluttering of house and garden and can now see what is in my baking cupboard.

3. roast chicken dinner today and OH nipped to shops to get a nice bottle of wine after all our hard work.

4. Found one of the kids Easter eggs that they had forgotten about...like I said, they had forgotten about it. It was very nice thank you.

5. Kids bathed, read to and now sound asleep! Ready for a new school week.

Enjoy
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Another small collection:

1. Chat on phone with sis and catch up of family news, world put to rights.

2. Passing on a book to a friend that she will find really useful.

3. My Maw Broon cookbook in pristine condition, for the princely sum of 1p plus postage on Am@zon. It is the most original thing I have ever read, a facsimile of a cook's scrapbook, that has been scribbled in by every member of the famous Broon family. If you haven't heard of The Broons - ah, well...

4. An unexpected trip out to visit a young friend in her flat. She is one of my former childminded children and her Mum is a good friend.
    I briefly met her gorgeous long haired cat, I am a dog person but this cat is truly stunning, a very long haired tortoiseshell mog with a spectacular coat.

5. An unexpected, beautiful gift of toiletries and a lovely candle from my young pal. I suspect her Mum helped with the cost.

6. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My pleasures for today

1. Fresh coffee & hot cross bun for breakfast.
    2. Nice day seeing dh family.
    3. Dh made lasagne from scratch - was very tasty.
    4. More crocheting done of blanket for dgs2.
    5. Hot milk before bed.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Sorted a small area of the dining room and moved some things out and looks better and have been meaning to do it for ages.
    One thing about a bad shoulder it makes me concentrate on different things as digging the garden is out.

2. Went to Wakehurst Place in the afternoon with DH and we persuaded DS2 to come. It was beautiful with the bluebells and managed mainly to avoid the rain. It poured down but we were next to the coffee shop at the time!

3. Also went to Bluewater as DH needed trousers. He has lost weight and none of his fit anymore. It was quiet when we arrived which was good.
    I had to buy a knife sharpener which I should have done a year ago or so and with stuff DS2 needed managed to get £10 off.

4. Early night and managed to read before painkillers kicked in and slept better than recently.

5. Watching the chickens have a mud bath.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,168 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Eurgh, I think I might have labyrinthitis. :-/ Swirly eyes, worse when lying down and unbearable (run to bathroom) if lying on my right ear. Does this sound like your symptoms, MHags? Weirdly, not too bad whilst driving! Have had the occasional sharp pain in the right ear over the last few weeks, but thought nothing of it.

Anyway, pleasures for yesterday!

1) Whirled and swirled my way around town with bigger son while he chose his friend a birthday present. It has always been this same girl for him but all her interest in him he passes off as she is "being nice" or "teasing him". :-( She even bought him a Valentines card this year but he came home sad and thought she was having a joke (!) He chose a birth stone charm for her bracelet.

2) Spent quite a lot of the day keeping very still. Sons got on with their own stuff.

3) Did do about an hour of trigonometry revision with bigger son.

4) Bigger son went to the party of the century (see 1). I am going to pick him up just now and want to look around! As I dropped bigger son off, I realised I know the birthday girl's mum but we will have to work out where we have met before.

Here's the link for where the party is! Scroll down to Angelo's house...
    https://www.granddesignsmagazine.com/book/6

5) Spent a very quiet evening with just smaller son and caught up on some television.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    frith at start of attack I have no balance and stoat all over the place, bouncing off walls! Head spins and generally feel bleurgh. Lying still and with eyes closed is the best thing for me but obviously not always practical. I cannot drive. Anyway, that's me! Hope you feel better and soon.

I was left distraught this afternoon following delivery of letters from one of UK pension companies . Offering peanuts, having previously offered a decent amount as terminal illness payment which we didn't get dealt with in time. I have emailed and shall await their response. Felt so let down. I am tentatively planning ahead and plans depend on how I am financially provided for. Much sobbing and even more swearing.

Prior to this and after this was an alright day.
    Work was done , Tuesday is such a quiet day. Gave my neighbour who works there the $50 voucher I won a few weeks ago. Can't remember if I'd said that DD1 and I had wandered up a few weeks ago, staff were a bit rude and lunch was over and we didn't like the feel of the place and were quite glad to walk out...anyway neighbour goes there and was quite delighted to be given this ...passed on the kindness.

Met up with a friend who works at DD2 school. She treated me to lunch which was nice. I had a BLAT.

Had a snooze.

Had an upset.

Then made mince and tatties for tea. Nice comfort food on a cold and wet night.

When I remake my bed I will have nice clean sheets to lie in! Dried outside on line before the rain started.

Quick howl down the phone to my sister but came away smiling :)

My second NSD in a row.

Have a good day :)
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 Another short week thanks to someone who moved the Whitsun holiday, instead of giving us lots of time between bank holidays, we now have three on the trot. As such and having paid my tax on Sunday night at one minute to midnight, never give them the room to spend your money early, I am again short this week, so please do send those old fivers to me so I can liquidate them for you. There is no charge for this service! Don’t forget you have until FryDay to get them to me!

4 At mill. See above. Seems the people in the darkened room ruining the notwork have implemented downgrades over the long weekend. Suddenly nothing works! Usual rules. ‘Your call is important!’ Correcto Mundo. No Problemo. My toy is bigger than yours and makes more noise. Ha Ha Ha ha Ha. ‘Your technician is busy at the moment ruining other peoples day!’ Oh well, good job we have the wheel grounding the corn. Managed to get this week’s invoices in before disaster struck. If it isn’t broke, get IT to fix it!

3 Not long now to apple of big. Good job everything is paid for, as I am still in need of the old fivers. See above! All we need is the nosh and wobbleade chits. Still waiting for Donald to say he is joining us. More later. Oh we’res off to see that small bell as well.

2 Day BoPsie is free. It was difficult to get the padlock in the shed, especially from the inside, but she has repented putting a halfpenny on TotteringHam! To think I cashed out on Saturday and bought her a curry while I had my gorilla. I ask you! Later beach ready BoP is in the gym, then home for the stove brewed curry. Please remember that it is easy being beach ready.

This message was sent from my …
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport