PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A long day for me starting with 7:20 train to newcastle :eek:
    1) got lots of work done on way there
    2) finding right bus easy peasy and able to follow bus route on maps on ipad so didnt have to worry about getting off at wrong stop :T
    3) lovely to see my old supervisor -though she's not old. We had a good catchupover lunch :beer:
    4) talk was fine. She videoed it then after we made it into a podcast for youtube :eek:
    5) caught my first class train back. Wow! Afternoon tea, hooooge glass of red wine, haddock pie and salad, cups of tea and some more win. Might well never want to go 2nd class again!
    Back for the 2nd half of the match. Portugal we commiserate
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Cat501
    Cat501 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tealady wrote: »
    Just one pleasure today which was not MSE or OS but worth every penny.

Seeing my beautiful DD going off to prom looking absolutely stunning and hopefully making the bullies that have made her so unhappy seeing what true beauty looks like. I know I'm biased but she looked absolutely stunning and so grown up which was a bit scary.

I hope she had a lovely time Tealady :) x
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TILAMS my worm catching days are long over. Apparently when I was a toddler I used to sit in the chicken run and try to eat any worms they scratched up _pale_
    Chicken DD took herself to the stables in the mornings, I did the evening run with DS as he was too young to go on his bike. I love my bed, but never see it much before 1am or leave it until 8am
    VJsmum it's an indoor skydiving centre, I'd love to jump off or out of something but this is the only thing they'll allow me to do, which is better than not doing anything at all :)
    Tealady how beautiful your DD sounds, you must be so proud of her, such a special person

1. Postie brought me a sample phial of perfume by Dior! Tried a tiny squirt and it definitely a case of quality shows, it's gorgeous. To be kept for a special occasion, DSis's wedding I think

2. Speaking of which I think DS is coming down for the occasion which means he can drive. I love driving but London, even though it's on the northern perimeter, is a bit daunting

3. My first full session of the new exercise programme. The trainer asked how I enjoyed it afterwards, I told him I'd let him know when my legs stopped feeling like jelly :D

4. NSD, the pennies have been a bit tight this month as I've had to use 2 tanks of petrol so every little helps

5. It didn't rain. The wind is very drying though, so I'm pleased I gave the garden a good soaking last night. I'm still collecting grey water to use outside, again every little helps

Sweet dreams :)
  • mishmogs
    mishmogs Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    hello all

nice to read all your threads. mines a bit out of kilter as I forgot to post on Monday... oops!

anyway, for today.....

5. surprised a friend at work (she works in a tea room) and had a lovely coffee with her.

4. all washing dried on the line as its been a wonderful day here.

3. found out we are getting a young german student staying with us. Never done this before so should be interesting! am looking forward to it.

2. went to DH heart class tonight and we have both lost another 2 kilos which is great, I want to lose at least 10 more.

1. found a mouse in my window bird feeder this evening - cheeky little devil..

am sorry I cannot join in your love of marmite, I am in the hate it camp!!

now, lets see what tomorrow brings eh?

ttfn.
    SPC Nbr.... 1484....£800 Saved £946 in 2013)
    (£1,010 in 2014)
    Coveted :staradmin :staradmin from Sue - :D

• sparrer wrote: »
    TILAMS and Chicken whatever are you doing up at that time of day? There's only one 6 o'clock in my day and it sure as little apples isn't in the morning :eek:

Makes me feel tired thinking about it. I need a siesta now ;)
    Problem?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Sonny !! have been awake since 4.20am :eek:

Not a pleasure.... but sun now risen and have had a cuppa. Day off work today, so am hoping to get a snooze in later
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Tealady- how lovely ! I hope that your DD held her head up high and had a lovely time .

PK - ((hugs)) not like you to be fed up??

Sparrer - is that why you are called Sparrer , the worm thing and all??

Skint - glad to hear that you can cut your hours, seems like you are in the right frame of mind to do so iyswim?

LB- I concur it is harder to find 5 on a work day ! Funny that ;)
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was up at stupid o'clock as well this morning, couldn't sleep, I ended up having a shower and went back to bed and then we overslept!! Oh well, at least I felt rested and DD just about got to school in time :)

Anyway, yesterday's pleasures.......

1. NSD

2. DD came out of Brownies with a very lovely hand-drawn invitation to her enrolment next week , a badge for her as yet unbought sash and a big beaming face :)

3. Picked up a fabulous book from the library.

4. Popped in to see OH and for once his parents went to watch TV rather than sitting with us all the time!! You'd think they thought we were not to be trusted teenagers rather than in our 40s!

5. Lovely chat with a chum whilst waiting for the girls to come out of Brownies

6. Arranged a day's childcare swap with another friend during the holidays so I can save a day's leave, hoorah!

7. DD and I went over to a friend's after school and the children all had a great time playing whilst we put the world to rights

8. Worked from home and instructed (or told the sparky to tell me where was the best place) where to put lights in the kitchen and bathroom. Yippee!! The place is starting to look awesome :)

Advice please - we want a pet, but having desired a kitty for ages are now put off as a friend has had 2 cats suffer horrible accidents on our road. She does live closer to it than we do, and we are looking for an older cat who likes cuddles and sitting around on his backside (bit like us ;) ), but we are now thinking of maybe some kind of rodent......

opinions and advice please as I know nothing about these creatures:
    guinea pig?
    hamster?
    gerbil?
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 June 2012 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    sparrer wrote: »
    CCP just looked at your link Please tell me that they taste awful because I mustn't make things like that, I just pig on them and I really do need to reach my goal next month. But oh, they look sooooo good!

OK, they're horrible things. Does that help? ;) (Actually they're pretty good - I'm eating them for breakfast so they're a meal rather than an extra, which makes them marginally better.)
    Kittikins wrote: »
    Advice please - we want a pet, but having desired a kitty for ages are now put off as a friend has had 2 cats suffer horrible accidents on our road. She does live closer to it than we do, and we are looking for an older cat who likes cuddles and sitting around on his backside (bit like us ;) ), but we are now thinking of maybe some kind of rodent......

opinions and advice please as I know nothing about these creatures:
    guinea pig?
    hamster?
    gerbil?

My DPs keep guinea pigs and they're quite entertaining creatures - they've definitely got strong personalities! They shouldn't really be kept alone, though, so you'd have to get two as one would be lonely and unhappy. (Make sure they're both the same gender or you could end up with loads of piggies!) If you happen to have a breeder locally they're not expensive: my DPs get theirs from a lady who breeds them for showing, so they know they're healthy and happy.

I don't know as much about hamsters and gerbils - I used to look after the school gerbils when I was about your DD's age, and mostly remember them being very fast and wriggly little creatures, who made a speciality of escaping!

Re Marmite - I'm in the rare category of being pretty indifferent to the stuff. It's quite nice in a cheese toastie, but otherwise I really can take it or leave it. Awkward so-and-so, aren't I? ;)

My pleasures for yesterday:

1) A day out with my DM in Romsey, a very pretty town that seems to have more history than it knows what to do with.

2) A nice lunch in an old thatched pub that serves the world's most enormous sandwiches!

3) The gratitude of the people in the Abbey when we went back to put some money in the collection box: a building that old and handsome deserves money to be looked after anyway, but they were so nice it made it even more worthwhile.

4) We didn't really need dinner after our ginourmous sandwiches but we had some anyway, which my DM paid for using a voucher. (Hanging around on MSE tends to do that! ;)) There was a minor problem with my meal (it was a bit on the cold side) but the staff were so apologetic and helpful it actually became a pleasure. :T

5) Home in time for the end of the football (although it was a pretty dull match so I'm not sure how much of a pleasure that actually was :undecided).

Skint - good luck with your application - it certainly can't hurt to apply.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kittikins faced with the road problem (we live on a wide mainly quiet road that people like to race down) we went to a cat rescue advertising 2 indoor cats. (mind you we do let them sun themselves in the back garden which obvs isnt that often this 'summer')
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport