PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Ladyhawk - I am so sorry for your loss :( Felix has figured highly in your posts which show how much you loved him . It must be breaking your heart xxx ((hugs)). I wish I could say something to make it better x

VJsmum - I mean this in the nicest possible way .. your household is as crackers as mine :rotfl:I have a Christmas lamp, baubles and a stuffed toy turkey (courtesy of a tacky newspaper) in my lounge and there they will stay until.... Christmas ! No pictures of my sisters butt though ;)

5 for today

1. Laughing my socks off at VJsmum's post at 6am this morning.

2. OH took me into work in my car as I was office based today - on the pretence that he was going to clean it .... yeah right .

3. Spent the day as a team clearing out our desks and pod as part of the "lean" approach - this mandatory. It took me all day to sort out my paperwork, shove it in folders so that our assistants can scan them . I ripped my finger open on a staple - looks like I have been bitten by a rabid tortoise .

4. Had a curry for tea that OH bought from Mr.S .

5. Cuddles with Mercurial Muriel the hen , who goes all floppy and relaxed - she was my prop . for the Calendar Girls comp. last year , so she has earned her keep x You wouldn't want that photo on your mantle piece VJsmum:rotfl:

Have a good evening all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts and PMs. Yes, I am heartbroken. He was such a gentle soul.

So, let me see if I can find some positives from today.

1) My boss being super understanding and presenting my 3 year strategy for me. He can be very frustrating and infuriating but today he has shown me such compassion. Probably because he didn't want me to be a blubbing mess in front of his boss.

2) Duvet day though I did do a couple of hours work this afternoon

3) My two older brothers called to make sure I am ok

4) Received an email asking me to present at a conference in Dubai in May. Hope my boss lets me go.

Night all. I have a splitting headache from crying so much so hopefully I will sleep well.

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So sorry for you, Ladyhawk. Dubai though - have you been? I have taken students there twice and love it. Am working on getting the family there after christmas but OH isn't keen - I may go without him, I've been saving ;)

Chickenopolis - at least my christmas decs are only in my bedroom! :D

Have shedloads of work to do tonight in preparation for a training session I need to deliver tomorrow.

But for today

1. Finding some old notes from my masters degree that I can [STRIKE]plagiarise[/STRIKE] adapt for tomorrows session.
    2. Yummy yummy steakwiches with roasted new pots in garlic and rosemary and salad for tea - even both kids loved it. DS said they were "reasonably acceptable" - I think that means he liked them :rotfl:
    3. Washing machine has died - not exactly a pleasure as I was mopping the floor - but now I can get the one I want, which has a bigger drum and is more efficient. This one was 12 and half years old, so can't complain too much
    4. Drove to work - which is naughty but meant I could leave home later and pop into Mr S on way back
    5. Being complimented on my crackers - ness by chicken. I quite like being barking - you get away with all sorts ;)

Have a good evening all - it'll be a late one for me.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,038 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ladyhawk: I am so sorry for the loss and feel for you x

1. With some of the PPI money we treated ourselves to a krarcher pressure washer, and it got used today to start on the garden, found some patio under the dirt.
    2. Had a lovely hot bath to remove most of the patio dirt from me.
    3. Changed the bedding to nice clean sheets.
    4. More washing done, the bedding will wait till tomorrow to line dry.
    5. We are planning in a takeaway night, naughty but nice to look forward to.

[FONT=&quot]I really dislike shopping when I “have to buy” something for a purpose and tomorrow that’s what I have to do I am on the look out for a maxi dress which will be suitable for a wedding, hoping fingers crossed that it will be forthcoming![/FONT]
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    LadyHawk ....Thinking of you xx

oldtractor ....glad to hear you're enjoying the spring. It always helps my mood when the sun begins to shine and all the bulbs are beginning to bloom. Bluebells soon

my 5 today

1. Lovely collegues continue to be supportive.did not have a great day at work, but helps when the people around you are so lovely

2. Had a phone call from council and they are sending me a cheque for pothole damage to cover costs :j

3. Took a long lunch and walked into town. Now I know money coming from council I treated DS to 2 new pairs of canvas pumps in Primarni. His black pair had worn to holes and his grey pair I washed not realising the insole was red....needless to say he woudnt wear them once they were pink :o

4 Neck sore so had a lovely warm bath when got in from work

5. Sausage chips peas and gravy for tea...yum yum...dont understand why cant get chips and gravy in the south, must be a northern thing !!
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Cuddles with DD, who crept into my bed in the middle of the night....

2. My parents drove down to come and help me look for kitchen and bathroom stuff. I've got an appointment for a kitchen plan and of course like what is most likely the most expensive kitchen in Bnqueueue.....oops!

3. Builder worked like stink again today and I now have a big bathroom with a radiator in the middle of the rooms, looks very funny

4. Low spend day, just bought bread and cucumber, phew :)

5. A friend gave us a lift to Rainbows and we had a great time
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rip little felix over the rainbow bridge :heart:

Just back from our last ever school music concert with our children as pupils! So before i get back to montalbano...
    1) finished a dissertation :A
    2) good meeting with line manager-said no three times :T
    3) remembered to take in packed lunch for webinar :p
    4) surplus sarnies were brought back from seminar i had to miss cos of the webinar - i put them in the fridge, told everyone then took last 3 home along with last 2 flapjacks. :beer:
    5) fab concert, well done everyone :T
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hello, it's been very windy here, luckily I was at work when it poured with rain!

1.Busiest day ever at work but at least it was payday :)
    2.Home and got tidied up with help of children.
    3.It was the most stunning sunrise this morning, the sky was crimson.
    4.Made a chocolate fudge cake & a carrot cake.
    5.Hot date with my husband, going out for some dinner and a catch up.
    6.DD2 telling me that some of the girls who have been hassling her got detentions today for their behaviour. They admitted what they have been doing......hopefully it will stop soon.

Have to buy petrol tonight, petrol has went up 25 cents since I last filled up, it's the highest I have ever known it but I'm down at empty, so will just fill what I need for end of week and hope it comes down more .

Have a lovely day!
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Ladyhawk - Hugs to you and glad your boss is being understanding
    Skint - I'm with you on the chips and gravy. I live in the South East now but whenever I go back to the North East I always have chips & gravy, yum yum.

Pleasures for yesterday,
    1. Lift to work off a friend who was passing so saved on bus fare
    2. Monday Lunch club moved to Tuesday and very nice it was as well.
    3. Cup cakes at work as someones birthday
    4. Walked home from work, love the fact that it is now still light on walk home from work.
    5. OH and DD cooked dinner whilst I sorted out OH laptop. The kitchen did look like a bomb had hit it though :eek:

Hugs to all who need them
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,165 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    5 for yesterday (Tuesday)

1) Finishing an application form and handing it in with minutes to go before the deadline!

2) Popped in to see mum and dad.

3) Got some wood chippings from the local forest for my garden (well, the massive pile of them was there last year so they're not being used).

4) Made a vegetarian shepherds pie that was pretty good.

5) Went for a walk in the afternoon.

6) OH here :-)

7) We all went to the pub for a few games of pool. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure