PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Pleasures for the last couple of days,
    1. Lovely flowers and HM card off DD for Mothers day
    2. Day out at Ideal Home Show with DD. Managed to get a few freebies but not many but still had a nice day.
    3. Coffee with friends on Saturday when we should have been walking, oops but it was raining :D
    4. New mattress ordered for DD bed just waiting delivery, money in the bank to pay for it.
    5. Lovely dinner cooked by MIL on Sunday, very yummy
    6. 3 mile power walk at lunch time yesterday, guilt walk
    7. Couple of YS goodies in Mr.T, now in the freezer
    8. Booked a night away next weekend at the seaside with OH and DD. DD needs to take photos of water for her art GCSE so seemed like a good excuse for some quality family time.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Kitty, Ladyhawk. :-(

MHagster - there's nothing to beat Casualty, is there?! Tough storyline the last few episodes, though.

Here are my 5 or so for yesterday (Monday).

1) House clean and tidy.

2) Son had massive nosebleed so we gave up even trying to get to school on time (difficult for him to get dressed and have breakfast!) so we faffed around, had croissants and took our time and still got there by 9.10!

3) Had a half hearted look for jobs, not expecting anything, and have applied for a vacancy! The deadline is lunchtime (good job I looked yesterday) so have to go to mum and dad's to print out my form then hand it in - NOW!

4) Went on 2 hours dog walk with brother and his dog.

5) OH came round. :-)

6) Watched the final of University Challenge. Bizarrely, I knew the answer to a maths question when that is OH's territory.
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly I had to let my darling Felix go this morning. I was supposed to be in a very important meeting with the big boss this morning but my director has said that I shouldn't come in and that he would do my presentation for me. I keep crying as I go around the flat putting all Fee's things in boxes to go into the loft. Its heart breaking.
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RIP Felix xx I'm touched that your director has been kind and sensitive, take care of yourself Ladyhawk, wish I could give you a big hug and help you right now x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith - I was very pleased by the University Challenge result, so pleased Manchester won as of course I studied there a few *cough* years ago, so was pleased academic standards have been maintained ;):)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awwh ladyhawk, you will miss your boy so much, take care & know you have done the right thing by him. Such a hard decision to make x
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ladyhawk - sorry to hear about Felix. I'm glad you've been given the time off to concentrate on him.

Kittikins - OH's from Manchester originally so was quite chuffed with the result! (I must say that Nottingham don't seem to do particularly well... obviously gone downhill since I left!)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))LadyHawk RIP Felix.
    my 5 so far today
    1. am painting my kitchen units and dresser, the undercoat is finished [hurray]. Next step top coat.
    2. Its Spring!
    3. Just finished a lovely lunch of HM fish and chips
    4. DS bringing a curry home for dinner tonight so no cooking
    5. All washing done.
  • hakeber
    hakeber Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello
    gorgeous sunny day the boys are having a noodle picnic outside.
    1, 3 ladies came round to sew last night - and one brought us all a massive cupcake each - there is nothing better than a cup of tea cake and sewing.
    2 mum gave me a carton of soup she didn't like - i'm having it for lunch.
    3 finished another book ( have re instated my self imposed internet time limit and therefore have got more reading time.
    4 have raised our food budget to cover all the new lacto free things we are buying. Had set at £200 a month forgetting that i should do it weekly at £50 a week. Now it is £55.We'll see if this is better.
    5 my early treat from scotland - tablet was eaten immediately.
    :j
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ladyhawk - big hugs to you - I'm so sorry to hear about Felix.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure