PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,050 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks for the kind comments, I feel so heavy hearted and my eyes are hot and sore. The painful part of having animals but amazing memories. Can't beleive he's gone at the mo.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs and kisses PK so sad to lose a pet.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs to all. Nearly bed time. Just back from a concert so here's my five:
    1) Even sunnier day today than yesterday (too bad I had loads of marking to do, but looked nice out the window :A)
    2) Made ciabatta (or ciasplatta as OH named it - did look rather cow pat shaped, but was absolutely lish). Have decided I am entering my artisan bread making phase of life :rotfl:
    3) Lidl shop even less than last week. Lots of fruit and veg and OS / reduced meat. :T
    4) Super duper sausage ragout for supper, recipe from student cook book :P
    5) Went with mum to fab concert. Vaughan Williams Sea Symphony (my all time fave composer) with Dundee Choral and Scottish Symphony Orchestra. Almost makes up for wooden spoon...
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1.busy day at work, an extra hour at end of day.
    2.dd1 made spag Bol for tea.
    3.kids got good interim reports
    4.excellent result for our football team! :)
    5.lots and lots of sqwauking parrots this morning as I walked from Car park to work.....the noise is immense.
    6.my colleagues laughing at the word courgette,they say zucchini here.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh dear - Monday again

FOr yesterday

1. DS birthday - he seemed to like his pressies
    2. He liked his birthday "cake" - a pile of bacon sandwiches with 13 candles on the top!. He wasn't home for the rest of the day as OH took him and some mates to a footie match quite a distance away. I told him I would make his favourite lemon drizzle cake today.
    3. DD and I went to SIL, and us and MIL, DD, niece and nephew went out to lunch. Was really nice.
    4. Went back to SIL house after. SHe has had major extension and renovation work carried out and it will be truly incredible when finished.
    5. Had lovely mothers day pressies - including some "mummy vouchers" for the ironing to be done, a "leave me alone day", awatch a film of my choice with no-one moaning, have a bath and someone furnish me with tea, etc. Fab idea - and DD also made me a cake, yummy.

Really must tidy this house today.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,197 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to read your news, PK.

Well, sons have been a bit silly over the weekend. (Acutally, before the weekend as well). Very grumpy, taking offence over everything.

Smaller son left the ipod in his trouser pocket on Friday so that went through the washing machine which upset him. Bigger son was fiddling about with the woodburning stove on Saturday morning and set the chimney on fire (only a bit).

Oh, I can't remember all the incidents now. At the back of mum and dad's there are some sandstone cliffs and bigger son (in a mood) decided to wang some big sticks off the top and one sailed down (30ft) and hit smaller son in the face, so that didn't go down very well either!

All cars in the car park here got vandalised on Thursday night with sort of white paint stuff thrown up them. I've taken mine through the car wash but there is still some stuck up the door.

And this morning smaller son woke up with a massive nose bleed!

Anyway, here are 5 for yesterday (Sunday).

1) Bit of a lie in.

2) Bigger son brought up a bagel with scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Smaller son made me a cup of tea. :-)

3) Got the house clean and tidy.

4) Went to see my mum after lunch and played Lego there with sons then went for a walk. (Which was good, apart from smaller son having a large stick land on him!)

5) Watched Casualty on iplayer.

6) OH came round! Hadn't seen him for ages. :-)

7) Sons behaved quite nicely when OH got here. They've been very anti-OH and everything to do with him this last week (strange as he hasn't even been here).
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh my goodness Frith, your sons have been busy....glad they were good with your OH, you wouldn't have needed any more tension on top of what you were already faced with x

VJsmum - what a fab birthday 'cake' for your son, bet he loved it :)
  • savingqueen
    savingqueen Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone :D

Lots of pleasures yesterday:

1. DS1 & DS2 (aided by DH) brought me breakfast in bed, freshly squeezed orange juice, big milky coffee and 2 huge croissants (followed by a bacon sarnie later on)

2. Then a big bundle of goodies to open! 2 beautiful Mother's Day cards made at school from both of them and 2 more lovely cards made at home with DH. Lovely primrose from DS2 (potted at school and decorated pot), a poem from DS1 written at school and a decorated paper fan made by DS1 at Beavers. If they weren't enough (and they really were) a big bunch of my favourite daffs, a gorgeous V&A teapot/cup in one and saucer and some chocs. I felt very spoilt.

3. Did hardly any housework, just an essential load of whites. DH did everything else, well no housework either but all meals including cats and boys packed lunches for today.

4. Read a mag in bed after breaky.

5. Had a nap in afternoon (wasn't feeling well all day but still nice to be ill in peace and quiet!)

6. lovely chat to mum and sister

7. for once had exactly what I wanted for pudding instead of thinking of others....raspberry roulade (shop bought) and although boys and DH said they weren't that keen, one disliking cream, another meringue (sorry can't spell today) and little DS hates raspberries..... a very strange thing happenned.... they cleared their plates hmmmmm!

8. suprised boys with some pre-booked (cheapy) tickets to cinema to see the smurfs. I enjoyed watching DS2 more than the film who roared with laughter at the laughing cat and spent rest of day singing "la la la la la la" smurf song.

9. DS2 put on a dance routine for me - he's a pretty good dancer.

10. actually Sats but anyway... DS1 won 1st and 3rd places in crafts competition for all local Beaver groups. I liked the fact that there were no prizes just a certificate for all entries with extra wording for those who had won in a category. DS gets a little obsessed with winning "stuff" so was good for him to enjoy just winning a place. :j

One of today's pleasures will be reading everyone else's 5 later. :D Need to do some chores next then have a break and read them. Can't catch up on last couple of weeks so the weekends will have to do!

have a good afternoon everyone, very sunny here and my daffodils are adding to my yellow day!

sq:)
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone :wave:

Don't normally post on here but love reading it, so have decided to post what I did yesterday :D

* OH found a watch battery which just happened to fit a watch that I hadn't worn in ages, so it's like having a new watch!
    * Next-door neighbours moving out and had left lots of crockery and wall hanging plates in their recycling bin :eek: Got a beautiful blue hand painted floral design plate for nothing! It's lovely and something that I would have been drawn to in a shop, from North Africa I think.
    * Got some nice fabric and a cushion insert from Ikea and made our first cushion with our sewing machine (that we got last week from fleabay), total cost around £3.89. The pattern is very nice, sort of thing you might see in a posh shop selling for a lot more!!
    * Had purchased a bag of assorted buttons (hundreds of them) from Hobbycraft for £2.99, I had initially wanted to buy some heart ones but they were around the same price for only 14 :eek: Anyway, found some nice nautical style ones in my mega pack and used them on a plain black top I had :D, also replaced the buttons on a plain black cardi with lots of different ones! Quite pleased with myself :)
    * Was given a lovely outdoor planter filled with lavender for Mothers Day :D Really pleased as I had hinted to OH that I would like something like that and I just love gifts that last - as opposed to a bunch of flowers or something (not that there is anything wrong with a bunch of flowers of course!)
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,050 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firth:- Wow I bet your son loved that as a cake, I know my OH would
    Hugs to any that need them
    It’s bright sunny and a new day :)

1.We let the animals up with us last night as a distraction and they were lovely.
    2. Got up reasonable and went to the docs, finally have some strong antibiotics to tackle pneumonia, have been told to rest but have a friend’s wedding up north at the weekend so will have to see how I feel I guess, thing is I would feel so bad to say can’t go.
    3.Washing hung out to enjoy the sunshine.
    4. Remembered to pay a cheque in and move some money before any horrid fines occur!
    5. Remembered to food plan and get items out to defrost
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport