PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Might struggle to get 5 as journey was a bit nightmarish and i was shattered when I got in, but here goes

1. Having time at St Pancras to sit with coffee and croissant pretending to be french :cool:
    2. Walking to station on a lovely sunny morning (unlike today..)
    3. Dad is (touch wood, fingers crossed) better. He just needs physio to get him walking but he was his old argumentative self! He was very funny bantering with the nurses - I think they must be frustrated as hell with him but at the same time he amuses them! :rotfl:
    4. My brother, who I dont' see enough of, turned up with his wife. Was nice to see them.
    5. On the substitute bus part of my train journey (:mad:) overhearing the phone conversation of an absolute [STRIKE]tos[/STRIKE] er plonker chatting up a girl on his phone. Excrutiating but :rotfl: at the same time. Still, I expect you all heard it, he was so loud.
    6. Managed to get through a lot of back reading for work
    7. Bargain lunch at subway - £3 for tuna salad baguette and a coke.

Wow 7! It can't have been that bad after all!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My 5 for today:

1. Had a good nights sleep. After not sleeping much friday night feel much better today :)
    2. Finally stopped sticking my head in sand re this months budget and got it all added up.... not as bad as I thought
    3. Raining all day so snuggled up under furry throw catching up on all things recorded over last week on new tivo box
    5. Made some carrot and apple muffins... lovely with cuppa
    5. Having roast chicken for tea nom nom x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Millie2008_2
    Millie2008_2 Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all!!

Today went a bit wrong when ponycarer came over poorly, I stepped in to take over and managed to end up with a rusty nail in the side of my knee. Duh! (nail was sticking out from the barn door, door got caught by a gust of wind and hit me in the knee) Mrs Ponycarer has been there for 20 years and has never noticed said nail- trust me to find it :D Better me than one of the horses, I guess!!
    Hobbled round finishing off the mucking out, then went to get a shot of tetanus Ig to be sure. Now have fat knee and an attractive dressing and I am feeling rather sorry for myself!
    To add insult to injury, Oldie was annoyed that I was taking so long to rug her before I fed her (due to aformentioned injury) so she took a chunk out of my shoulder and made me cry. To be fair though I was on the brink of tears because of knee pain!
    and to add extra insult, my Jack Wills sweatpants (that I practically live in) have a hole in and are covered in blood. Pah.

Will try for 5 today

1. Caught up with some boring housework, incl cleaning bedroom/bathroom and some washing (incl smelly hockey kit!)
    2. Made a necklace, just because :D Mojo is definitely back :) I am thinking of doing some more charity stuff
    3. I got seen quickly at our little local hospital (for local people, Chicken :P ) and was told that I was "lucky" -ha!! as nail had missed the joint
    4. Got back and had a hot bath with knee stuck attractively in the air
    5. More lambing tails, incl hearing about their little raincoats :) Dad found a dead one this morning though :( Oh and it is apparently easier to load 5 ewes and lambs onto a trailer than one Oldie (who is a cow to load). Who knew....

One-legged hugs to anyone in need. Where did the weekend go?? xx
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

It's been a manky old day in Portsmouth, and I don't know whether its the miserable weather, or my essay, or a rather depressing conversation with my DM about the serious problems my DSis is having with her relationship, but I've been feeling rather down all day. :( I guess that's when looking for pleasures is most useful, though:

1) NSD and NPD.

2) Another long lie-in this morning.

3) Amaz0n have decided to stop playing silly bu**ers and will collect my faulty chair in exchange for a refund.

4) I have to give them a day when I will be around all day for their courier to collect, which means (if my manager agrees) that I'll get an extra day to work on my essay. :j

5) I've got another of my beef and spiced ale stews in the oven, made with another bottle my team won at a pub quiz. (Any kind of spiced beer is mine automatically now, as everyone knows I like to turn it into stew. :D)

Millie - I hope your poor knee heals quickly - that sounds pretty painful. :eek:

PK - I hope you feel better very soon too.
  • frugalfrancesca
    Options
    Hi all -
    1) also enjoyed working yesterday, I work in a shop and love the busy-ness and atmosphere on a saturday, plus it was a extra day so extra spends for my hol. It was also a nsd as I got a lift into work, took my dinner and a book :)
    2) two of my favourite hymns at church today :)
    3) another nsd apart from church offering, does that count?
    4) yummy thai chicken noodle souP in SC, and will have bread that I made today with it, plus smart price peaches and custard for pud
    5) got loads of jobs done today, including a whole basket of ironing
    Hope everyones having a lovely sunday! F x
    Wife to a hardworking husband and mum to a adorable son and grumpy cat :)
  • Millie2008_2
    Millie2008_2 Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, CCP :)

Lambing Tails....freudian slip???:rotfl:
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

I'm posting slightly early today as I want to switch off my computer for the evening... not that there is much on TV to watch or that I have a good book to read. I am still avoiding the library after they fined me £7 for being a week late with some books.

I am been a completely lazy mare all day which has been lovely. I told the kitty that if he cuddled up next to me that would prevent me going shopping which would be a good thing. The good lad hopped off my knee after 5pm so it was too late by then!

1) NSD and NPD

2) Whipped up some quorn mince for lunch. I am not sure I'd bother again with it though as it was fairly tastless despite my putting loads of seasoning in. I prefer cow

3) Sent a request to my energy supplier to reduce my direct debit and to refund me my credit.

4) I have succumbed to putting my heating back on... only to help dry my washing, of course ;)

5) Cuddly kitty

CCP - sorry youre feeling sad
    Millie - ow, ow, ow!!!! OUCH!!!! Bad Oldie for biting you. Not wonder you burst into tears. I would have too.
    Villagelife - well done to Master Villagelife on his hockey win. I played hockey for years at school and university... sadly my team's successes were very limited. Glad you got to see the whole game - its a fabulous sport.
    PK - hope you are getting over your bug
    Kittikins - hope you are on the mend so that you will be ready for you op.
    Chicken - i'll bet that Mr bonfire neighbour didn't even consider saying no to you.
    Sparrer - hope you are ok

Night night

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,058 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kittkins, sorry to hear DD had a fall, I did the same at that Ikea about a year or so ago they had a daft mini ledge leading up to all of their crates and I landed square on my knee, those ice packs are great!

We took it easy today
    1. Laid in as I literally just couldn’t wake up at all.
    2. Made brunch
    3. Did a lot of tidying, as in proper tidying but just feels like I am moving clutter about now.
    4. Just cooking a jacket spud and sausages
    5. Various loads of washing and drying done, one load to go and I find the bottom of the basket in ahem I am embarrassed to say goodness knows how long.
    6. Looking forward to a hot relaxing bath tonight.

Looking forward to more job hunting next week, some nice roles have come up the locations are diabolical but if there’s no choice.
    We have a vet run 1st thing tomorrow morning (we will shoot off to get there for 8am) that I am very very worried about, suspect we will be told to keep him comfortable but he’s not got long and as long as he is not in any pain we will.
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Kittikins - Hope your op goes well tomorrow
    Purple Kitten - Hope you feel better soon and good luck with the job hunting
    Millie - Ouch that must have really hurt. Think you need a healing glass of wine and some chocolate tonight
    CCP - Hugs to you, hope you have a better day tomorrow

Pleasures for today,
    1. Even though the weather was really grotty managed to do a 7.5 mile walk. We were very wet when got back to the car but felt a bit smug (mad) for doing it.
    2. Lovely cup of tea and a bacon, egg and mushroom roll when finished walk from the van that is by the lake. It was yummy if not OS
    3. Long soak in a hot bath when got home
    4. Little snooze when got out of the bath
    5. Roast chicken for dinner which was yummy and also made a bit pot of chilli to take to work tomorrow for our Monday Lunch club.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all from soggy Sussex !

Millie - Ouch ! You have been in the wars today :( Naughty oldie , they may have blunt teeth but it bliddy hurts !Make sure Mr. Millie spoils you xx Can you drive ok with it?

PK - I hope all goes well at the vets ((hugs)).

Ladyhawk - Seems like your mog has forgiven you for the Tramadol episode :) Lol - re "Bonfire Pete" as I call him (Stinky Pete). Tbh I wouldn't argue with me either :o

Sparrer - are you ok??

5 for today

1. Went to a garden centre via the country lanes where I used to keep one of my horses . It is stunning there even in the rain , but on the way back we OH slowed down appropriately for a cyclist who was in the middle of the road , and cyclist purposefully spat on the windscreen of the car (MY car) with a look of pure hatred on his face . OH went ballistic and slammed the brakes on and half got out ( the seat belt was still on :))and shouted a word that I will not repeat . Vile scumbag peddled off pretty sharpish . It was nasty. That bit wasn't a pleasure .

2.Made some spicy lentil soup -very filling .

3. I left the hens in the run as the weather was so bad and they were all having a dust bath in their nice dry run.

4.My great nephew ( Makes me sound like Miss Haversham:eek:- an old brittle spinster ) spent the afternoon "making" me help him to build a toy zoo , where the foxes are as large as the elephants :D The Genetically Modified Zoo and you can come too..

5.Just did a workout on my exercise bike/clothes hanger and some weights on the multigym / clothes hanger :o . Now off to bed to AVOID watching The Real War Horse as I will be in bits xx

Have a good weekend all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport