PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Halloween goodies

Comments

• bonty44
    bonty44 Posts: 439 Forumite
    On a different note, I've just seen a group of older kids trick or treating BY CAR - how lazy is that! It took me ages to get down my road!
  • hermie
    hermie Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Muffins. :drool:

I haven't actually eaten one yet. :rolleyes:

How have you managed to resist them all day MrBE! Well done, I am sure your little witch will be most impressed by all your efforts! :T
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    You haven't lost your touch. ;)

Keep on cooking. :T
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    im going to attempt the mars bar rice crispie cakes i think although im the type to eat the mixture before any get made :D
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • Glitzkiss
    Glitzkiss Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    The cakes look great but the big question is

What did your witch think of them :confused:
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Glitzkiss wrote: »
    The cakes look great but the big question is

What did your witch think of them :confused:

Both witch and witch's parents were well impressed! :cool: :D
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • Dellers
    Dellers Posts: 204 Forumite
    thank you for this thread
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    :hello:

Well, it's fast approaching that time of year again, when I have to hand over goodies to the small visiting witch or get duffed up. :(

Last year I made these:

DSCN0999.jpg

So I'm looking for something along those lines. Please bear in mind that it took me all day to make those, so nothing too complicated please. ;)

Cheers,
    MBE :beer:

P.S. Please could the BG's not merge this with my other thread until I've made something? Thanks xxx :D
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • What about Empire biscuits, decorated to look spooky in some way? You could do black icing with a white ghost on top, or some sort of spider device, or cut outs of pumpkins? Or you could do the biscuits ghost / pumpkin / witches hat shaped and ice them and decorate them to your heart's content? There are lots of cheap seasonal Hallowe'en cookie cutters out there.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • mambury
    mambury Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    There's a recipe for zombie fingers in the ASDA mag this month!

Basically they are cheese straws shaped a bit finger like, scored with a knife to make 'knuckles' with an almond popped on the end like a finger nail. Once they are cooked, lift the almond 'nail' and squirt a tiny bit of ketchup under it and put it back.... looks like bloody nails!!

Going to have a go myself for my little horrors!
    sealed pot challange #572!
    Garden fund - £0!!:D
    £0/£10k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills