PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Halloween goodies

191011121315»

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Brilliant MBE :T I think the small witch is very lucky to have you baking for her ;)

I was going to say - which meritaten has already explained - that I thought the whole point of choc chips is they don't melt so you end up with lumps of choc in your cupcakes :p
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    rosieben wrote: »
    Brilliant MBE :T I think the small witch is very lucky to have you baking for her ;)

I was going to say - which meritaten has already explained - that I thought the whole point of choc chips is they don't melt so you end up with lumps of choc in your cupcakes :p

yes, but some choc chips will melt! I was a bit puzzled at this too! then bless her - Ina Garten (barefoot contessa) explained all! I was fascinated - because OH had asked me to make choc chip cookies and mine melted! lmao, then the very next day Ina told me why! thats why it stuck in my memory!
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    meritaten wrote: »
    yes, but some choc chips will melt!

That's what I thought. I'm sure I've had some before that melted. :huh:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • rosieben
    Combo Breaker First Post
    yes, but some choc chips will melt! I was a bit puzzled at this too! then bless her - Ina Garten (barefoot contessa) explained all! I was fascinated - because OH had asked me to make choc chip cookies and mine melted! lmao, then the very next day Ina told me why! thats why it stuck in my memory!

yes, I've learned something today, because I didn't know you could get melt-y ones, I'd probably have gone back to the shop and complained if I'd bought them :D thanks meritaten (and the barefoot contessa) ;)

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    if its any help - the ones that melted were Dr Oetker (think thats how its spelled). I use block choc if I want it to melt and check that it contains stabilisers if i dont!
  • rosieben
    Combo Breaker First Post
    if its any help - the ones that melted were Dr Oetker (think thats how its spelled). I use block choc if I want it to melt and check that it contains stabilisers if i dont!

thanks for that, I have a sneaking suspicion that's the brand I have in the cupboard, will check before I use them ;)

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Something you could add a laxative to would be interesting!!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    no1catman wrote: »
    Something you could add a laxative to would be interesting!!

:rotfl: I think I might save that for those witches that aren't my mate's little girl. :D
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure