Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Options

Comments

• Seagull269
    Options
    I went to ASDA this morning because my wife had told me about this, after seeing it on here last night. I have a prescription of -8.5 and -7.5 (approx) and have been fed up with paying around £60 to have the first grade of thinning at Specsavers. I will now be getting a bargain and have gone for 2 pairs for £90 and paid an extra £10 to have a sunglasses tint on the second pair.
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wear varifocals and have just paid £250.00 just for new lenses at SpecSavers.I didn't want bottle bottoms. Only had new prescription in July and that cost £350.00. Had a few eye problems and was told my prescription had changed again. Not a happy bunny.
  • Sucker_for_sweeties
    Options
    I wear varifocals and have just paid £250.00 just for new lenses at SpecSavers.I didn't want bottle bottoms. Only had new prescription in July and that cost £350.00. Had a few eye problems and was told my prescription had changed again. Not a happy bunny.

Oy oy eyes, had to be very understanding to live with mine over the years:p

Take your prescription along to Asda and avail yourself of sunglasses and a spare pair if you can afford an extra £90, if not watch this thread and as soon as there is a sniff of them restricting the lens thickness for blindies like me (and possibly you at that cost), then run, run, run and get in before it's too late.:D
    Not just a sucker for sweeties..:o
  • kennyjosiah
    Options
    Finally received my two pairs of glasses (system error meant my clear pair werent ready until now) the tinted pair were ready weeks ago

anyhoo :whistle:

Well worth the wait, they both look fantastic and after my nhs voucher I only paid £45 for two pairs in the thinnest 1.9 glass (one pair tinted) - I might even wear the tinted pair in the outside world (only when the sun arrives obviously) :cool:
  • catmulogen
    Options
    Hi, i've got an appointment booked in a couple of weeks time and just wondered if anyone had any advice or information about the different type of lenses ( eg tinted) that you can get. My last pair of glasses from Specsavers cost over £400 so I never even considered paying for any extras like tinted but, as this deal is so good I might be able to this time.
    Life's too short for wasting on ifs and might have beens...........
  • jem1276
    jem1276 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jem1276 wrote: »
    Me and my husband ordered our 2 pairs each on sunday, can't wait to get them :T

Picked mine up yesterday, they rang to say they were ready saturday, 6 days after ordering, very pleased with mine :j

Hubby's will be a bit longer as more complex prescription.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    catmulogen wrote: »
    Hi, i've got an appointment booked in a couple of weeks time and just wondered if anyone had any advice or information about the different type of lenses ( eg tinted) that you can get. My last pair of glasses from Specsavers cost over £400 so I never even considered paying for any extras like tinted but, as this deal is so good I might be able to this time.

See here for list of extras: http://www.asda-contactlenses.co.uk/glasses_home.jsp
  • tonyg_2
    tonyg_2 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Although it's a good offer it took almost 6 weeks for single version -7s. The eye test was a bit embarassing at Stevenage - to cover each eye they gave me a tissue (!!) rather than an eye-patch - very unprofessional compared to other opticians.

The quality of the way the lenses fit into the frame is average (sticks our slightly unevenly on 2 lenses despite same prescription on each eye) and the quality of fitting iby dispenser is quite poor - but I can go back to my local optician for proper fitting I guess.

Nevertheless you do get what you pay for and it is a good offer.
  • Koala
    Koala Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Been to my local Asda this morning to order two pairs of designer specs for £90 including super thin and light lenses - the assistant told me that if I had ordered exactly the same ones in August they would have cost me £265 - now thats what I call a brilliant deal!
    Thank you so much OP - I will spread the word.
  • AbbieCadabra
    Options
    i have a definite dislike for my local Asda (Spondon, Derby), ok they have the odd bargain, but i really dislike it with a passion as it's always sooooo busy no matter when you go! :eek:

anyway, braced myself for the mayhem & i've just returned after about 40 mins in the opticians section.

i was only after 1 pair & did want the thinner lenses but it would be an extra £40 for my prescription & the assistant said i'd hardly notice any difference. also, i'd picked out a pair of the £50 frames in titanium & she thought i'd notice a big difference just in the frames compared to my current pair.

so, £50 frames with the only extra of reactive lenses - 1 pair for £80. bit of a major bargain compared to my 5 year old pair from costco that cost £140'ish. delivery to store 21 Dec at latest but she said they'd been getting them within 7 days or so.

good stuff! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport