Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• andybrock
    andybrock Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are Asda still providing glass (1.9 Index) and plastic (1.74) lenses for high prescriptions.

2 pair's for £99 is an attractive offer.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies for dredging up an old discussion..

I am in need of a pair of prescription sunglasses and was thinking ASDA. I would need thinner lenses. Does anyone have any experience/or offers? tnx
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    My eyes are -7.0 and I need thinner lenses. I went to Asda six months ago or so, and got two pairs, they have a chart that says you get a certain index of lens (at no extra cost) depending on how bad your eyes are.

This time I also had varifocal included at so extra cost. Both pairs were a hundred quid or so in total, cant remember exactly.

They can add the sunglasses tint for a bit extra, maybe a tenner. As a second pair is only like twenty quid, if I were you I would get two pairs.....sunglasses and normal or two sunglasses.

This was my second set of glasses from Asda.....compared to the six or seven hundred quid that my local optician would have wanted just for one pair, they are a bargain.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • finlay
    finlay Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes Asda still do 1.9 for high prescription. Also if you have a complex prescription as I do you get a free test on the NHS and Asda knock the fee off the price they charge you so even cheaper,
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    finlay wrote: »
    Yes Asda still do 1.9 for high prescription. Also if you have a complex prescription as I do you get a free test on the NHS and Asda knock the fee off the price they charge you so even cheaper,

Can you get the 1.9 lens on the 2 for £99 offer, or just on the designer frames. I have a high prescription and my present glasses were around the £400 mark!
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    All the lenses are the same price as far as I'm aware. They give you the appropriate lens for your eyes.....its all on a chart they show you.
    illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport