Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Options

Comments

• tonyg_2
    tonyg_2 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spiro wrote: »
    Tonyg dont know what you mean by 'got this to work' but I am going in the Stevenage branch on Saturday for an eye test and to order a couple of pairs of glasses of least one of which will be varifocal. Dont know my prescription but I have always had extra thin lenses which normally cost around £150-200.

When I read through this thread last night I think someone indicated that Asda Stenenage didn't know about the offer. However maybe I just misread someone's post - I will try to reread through this thread again tonight!
  • tonyg_2
    tonyg_2 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigal257 wrote: »
    Someone ought to tell Asda at Stevenage about this deal. My wife had eye test last week - needs simple varifocals and was quoted "approx £200" for one pair in £75 frames. Went to Specsavers instead - 2 pairs for £124

Guys - this was the post that seemed to question whether Asda Stevenage knew about the offer.
  • adam787_1
    adam787_1 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I popped into my Asda (Eastlands, Manchester) and checked out this offer, they politely informed me that as far as they knew, it's not an "offer" but the standard price from here on - and they said they were amazed at it too!

Now I can afford to wait for my Tax Credit letter in order to qualify for the NHS voucher, knowing that the low prices won't expire.

Got this deal confirmed today at Asda. Not sure if my wife is entitled to the NHS voucher, we do get child tax credits but not working tax credits. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Adam
  • mersey
    mersey Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Wife had an eyetest in asda aintree liverpool this morning,one frame jigsaw, the other fcuk, both with ultra thin and light lens 1.67.£105 all in, £15 was eyetest.Wife is thrilled to bits,ready in two weeks.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just had a phone call to say that the two pairs of varifocals I ordered on Saturday are ready. I will collect them tomorrow. Very quick service.
  • laineygirl
    Options
    Went to asda today and not only are the glasses £50 but you can get 2 pairs for £90. :jWith Varifocals add £30, sunglasses/tints add £10,reactilites add £30.:TSo in theory you can get 1 pair of glasses with reactilite,varifocals and a pair of sunglasses £160, bargain.:beer: I've just spent £420 at Specsavers for 1 pair of thinned reactilite varifocals. Not happy.:confused:
    When I went to Asda today bought the £160 offer.:jNow a happy bunny.
  • laineygirl
    Options
    I was talking to the optician at our local Asda and she says that the opticians are going to take on all the big guns in the high street or close down. She showed me all the new advertisements that they have and says that TV ads are going out as well. They started with the £50 deal last week. They are snowed under with orders.This week its 2 pairs for £90 and next week they will be other offers on tints and varifocals.So having paid a small fortune for my last pair I say bring it on and lets have a high street scrap. If they can do it so cheaply surely the others can.
    By the way the frames are ace they have FCUK, MORGAN, BILLABONG,VIVIENNE WESTWARD, PLAYBOY (RIMLESS OR FULL FRAME) just to name a few.
  • portchieboy
    Options
    Interesting the offer may change, I have an eye test booked for next week. I have a fairly strong prescription, and astigmatism, and want varifocals and reactolite. Normally £350+.

Wahoo!
    O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

(O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us
    .)

Robert Burns
  • umami
    umami Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I paid £40 for the cost of the thin lenses(£20 each)I assummed I would get it free.
  • jem1276
    jem1276 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went and had a look today and the range for the £50 or 2 for £90 are fab, loads of choice. Thank you, will invest when I get paid :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure