Ssssh... sexy new music tool... please help us test it

edited 16 October 2009 at 6:58PM in Music MoneySaving
73 replies 8.9K views

Replies

• WASHERWASHER Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    I very much like the idea.

The MSE email box is far too big for the space.

Personally, I find the colours on the main screen a little dark.

Other than that, I found it very simple to use.

WASHER.x.
  • excellent bit of kit,

would certainly use
    Debt Fee Day 1st April 2013 - working on it:T:T
    Natwest Credit Card [STRIKE]£6825[/STRIKE] £6200:eek: No Change 26/08/2010, car loan [STRIKE]£8500[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£6592[/STRIKE] £6463(better:p), Bank Overdraft [STRIKE]£4195[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4000[/STRIKE] £3830 :(, Black horse finance [STRIKE]£54[/STRIKE]. £0 :j
    Pre LBM : 19,900 Current Debt : £16493.00Amount Repaid [STRIKE]£2983.00[/STRIKE] £3407
    Always remember :TKISS:T Keep It Simple Stupid
  • Really useful! A couple of songs when you click through it comes up as 'Song only available on album' though! I think it's a great idea! Really easy to use!
    August: £149/£150

Sept: £200
  • pandora205pandora205 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I agree there's much too much going on - too much small text and not enough space in the layout. It wasn't that obvious where to start, though it wasn't difficult once I'd started to look carefully. If I'd stumbled across this site via google I'd have given up on it as too complicated.......

However, it does do the job and will be popular I'm sure not least as it's obviously moneysaving.

PS I like the Amazon player.... It makes all the difference being able to play clips easily.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • dazzer68dazzer68 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    love the idea, save time from trawling all the sites.
    not sure i like the dark 80's style, clean and simple would be easier on the eye. the mse box a bit large, when its up and running properly would be easier to comment as the searches are pretty limited.
    otherwise bring it on!
  • looby75looby75 Forumite
    23.4K Posts
    fab idea!

Was easy to use and even picked up some of the more unusual suggestions for tracks from my daughter.

It has annoyed me though because I paid over a quid more for the last album I bought than I had too lol
  • Well I've just given it a go and I'm not immiediately impressed. I searched Pink Floyd and various album titles and apparently there are only three Floyd albums available for sale on the whole internet. Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush are similarly missing in any proper quantity. No early Genesis...are there any albums actually present beyond the most recent releases? I hope it improves drastically, as otherwise it will be next to useless if you are looking for the complete ouvre of an artist. The full catalogue needs to be comprehensive if it is going to be of any use.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a Heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake
  • I liked it but the front page is a bit busy.

Also, I clicked on the Seth Lakeman album and it brought up a link to a sample track, but the sample was an Alexandra Burke song. :confused:
    "Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
  • Bit too busy on the front page for me but content good,clear and easy to use.
    SallyD
  • Great idea Martin! I'd definitely use this to save me trawling the net.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals