BT complaints

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do hope something sensible comes for some out of the BT guy taking people back line - I didn't have much sucess at all when that happened to me.

Is it just a way of taking people 'private' so that all these ridiculous situations created by bungling BT are hidden from public view?
  • Mike_Samuel
    Options
    Hi
    I am now on my 64th telephone call with the high level complaints team.
    I have had the 3000 KBPS speed as stated by the BT sales team "3 meg speed raising to 3.5 meg in November - for my area" for 2 days only. The speed was increased and then dropped back to 900 to 1050 KBPS the following day.

My IP Profile is 1250 KBPS, therefore the maximum BT can achieve is 1100 to 1150 KBPS.

I have received a "deadlock letter" from Shirley MacKie at the BT Executive Complaints Desk which states that we are in deadlock, BT will not release me from the contract to find an ISP that will supply a decent download speed and the letter states that BT will not improve on the current download speed.
    I have found Ms MacKie's attitude absolutely abysmal and if it is representative of BT as a whole, then I do not wish to remain with a business that holds customer satisfaction and customer service with such poor regard.

The letter from Ms MacKie is dated 21st August, reference number VOL011-22462491012.
    Ms MacKie can supply my e mail address and telephone numbers if you wish to discuss directly.

Regards

Mr M Samuel

Since posting this issue I have had a response from "The BT Representative" who visits this website, and, like all the staff within BT he has stated that he can not help with the situation. It is not surprising that the reply was NOT listed on the main forum page but was sent directly to me and not posted.

I am still in the same position with BT, a very sub standard service, still in contact with The Asian Helpdesk and have escalated the issue to the Communications Ombudsman.

I AM A VERY DISSATISFIED BT CUSTOMER, all I want is the service I was promised and I am paying for - nothing more nothing less.

BT - just give me what I am paying for.

Mr M Samuel

September 28th

Today the IP Profile is 1000KBPS, actual download speed 956 KBPS.

BT sales stated up to 8 Meg download speeds and in my area 3 Meg rising to 3.5 Meg in November.

I am now up to 81 telephone calls and engineers know their way to my house without a Sat Nav, I have also had to change three BT home hubs.

The BT Moderator who visits this site has also stated that "he can not help", the moderator posts responses, where he can help, on this site. He posted his negative response where the general public can not see it.

I am still with a poorly performing ADSL line and BT are still taking my money.

An overview of today - another 4 telephone calls from BT.

Call one - To say an engineer is on his way to check the wiring again.
    Engineer confirmed nothing wrong - the previous visits also stated that.

Call two - A call from a BT call centre asking if I wanted to "upgrade my system and have BT vision". BT have sent my details to a call centre - ON A DATA DISC - and I have been cold called - YET AGAIN.

Call three - From BT high level complaints desk - absolutely a waste of time. He read my notes and stated that he would escalate this to the high level "complex problem" engineering team, the issue has been with them for 2 months.

Call four - was to say he will telephone me again tomorrow ?????.

When will BT supply what I am paying for ??????.

Mr M Samuel

THE LATEST ADDITION TO THE SAGA

I am now up to 106 telephone calls with BT, 6 engineers visits and I still do not have a broadband supply I can rely on.

I have been told I have to wait for the RAIN ENGINEERS ( fancy name for technical team ) to write a report - NOT FIX THE PROBLEM JUST WRITE A REPORT, this will take a week. In the mean time I do not have a broadband connection, I have been without my broadband for 3 days. High Level Complaints, Technical Helpdesk and The BT representative who reads this webpage have all failed to progress this problem.

I am still in the same position I was when I joined BT - 106 telephone calls ago - I JUST WANT WHAT BT TOLD ME THEY WOULD SUPPLY AND WHAT I PAY THEM FOR EVERY MONTH.

Regards

Mr M Samuel

I am now up to 121 telephone calls, an average of 10 minutes each ( many have been much longer ) that equates to nearly 21 hours on the telephone and another 2 engineers visits.

But I am still in the same position - BT are absolutely hopeless, and the Executive Complaints team are so arrogant.

RESULT

After 141 telephone calls, 9 visits from "so called expert engineers" BT have finally admitted that they CAN NOT supply the download speeds that BT Sales stated they could.

I have had a 4 month battle with the most arrogant service personnel imaginable.

My very strong recommendation to anyone is not to use BT as your ISP.

I am now getting all the money I paid to BT refunded and the contract cancelled because BT failed to honour their promises.

Mike Samuel
  • bethheartchris
    Options
    Dear BT, After many frustrating calls to customer service and getting nowhere I now hope you can Help us, I ahave tried to PM you but cant see where to do so so I can give you our account number. We signed up to BT and deeply regret it now as we have had no end of problems.

We have 2 laptops in the house and a desktop computer, one of the laptops will not connect and the other 2 keep losing connection constantly! We have 2 businesses being run from home and need our internet access.
    I was on the phone from 9pm - 11pm with one of the bt guys changing all our settings etc and has made it worse, also was supposed to call me back and has not! We reguarly have call backs not followed through. We have only been with you not even a month and wish we hadnt bothered. We were misold it to start with being told that our broadband and phone were included in one price and since joining found out this was not the case at all.
    When our phone rings the internet completely goes off line which just shouldnt be happening at all.
    We were told BT was the best internet in the world!! Ha!

Please please help us we are so frustrated with the useless constant phone calls. x
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2009 at 10:40PM
    Options
    When our phone rings the internet completely goes off line which just shouldnt be happening at all.
    We were told BT was the best internet in the world!! Ha!
    Two things spring to mind here:

Is everything properly filtered (you've probably already looked into this already)? And, assuming that you are access your router (the internet) wirelessly, do you have a cordless phone base unit near to the router?
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Bethheartchris,

Sorry to hear you were not called back regarding your broadband connection. I will be more than happy to look into this for you. Can you email your account details to btcare@bt.com and include your MSE username.

Cheers

Shane.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • northwestphoto
    Options
    A brief summary of an on-going saga with BT

On August 19th I reported a fault with my BT landline online and recived confrmation this had been recieved. Having heard nothing for several days I went back online to check the status of the fault only to find it had been marked as 'resolved' when it fact it hadn't.

(I had to report the fault online as the fault with my phone made the line permantly engaged. When I called the BT fault reporting telephone number from my mobile I didn't get to speak with a person. I was asked to enter the telephone number of the faulty line and then an automated check was done while I waited. This check was done and I was told by a recorded message 'your line is in use, please try again later'!!)

I telephoned BT again (this time calling the sales dept - who always answer calls straight away and put you through to the faults dept immediately). I was told the fault was identified as being outside my property and an engineer would call to assess the problem.

On January 26th I returned home to find Openreach had been to visit and had placed a card through my door saying the problem was with an underground cable in my garden and I would have to contact BT for an underground dig to be arranged.

This I did, and an appointment was made for Monday 1st Feb for the work to be carried out.

At 9am on Feb 1st an Openreach engineer arrived - I was impressed - until he knocked at my door to tell me that as underground work was required he couldn't do it. He then left.

I phoned BT to complain (another half hour wasted whilst I was kept on hold etc) and they promised another engineer would be sent. At 11.30am another Openreach engineer arrived. Can you quess what happend? The same thing! This time the engineer (who was rude and arrogant) shrugged his shoulder and told me 'sorry mate, I'm not qualified to do the work'. He told me it would be about a week before anything could be done. I lost my temper a bit with him and told him I was going to phone BT (again!) to complain. This I did, but whilst phoning BT from my upstairs office I noticed the engineer had driven to the end of my road and parked his van.

BT assured me another engineer would be sent straight away. 1 hour later the SAME engineer who had been parked the whole time at the end of the road came back and told me that no work could be done until a consent form had been signed. I signed it and the engineer left.

Back on the phone to BT who didnt seem to care at all - they just blamed Openreach. I was told that it had been a mistake that Openreach had sent the wrong engineer 3 times and it was a mistake that I was never informed a constent form was required even though this was known by BT/Openreach for a week.

I tried to get the work carried out later that day (My wife had taken the day off work and myself half a day) but even though it was admitted that BT/Openreach were at fault they were not prepared to go ahead that evening as 'Openreach had to get a quote from a local contractor' before the work could commence.

The next day was spent constantly on the phone to BT trying to ensure the work was done but to no avail. I was finally given the telephone number in Exeter of Tricia Downe who personally took control of my complaint and told me she had personally spoken to the Openreach operations manager who had 'taken ownership' of my problem and promised me that the work would be done the next day (Wednesday). She even gave me her direct phone number

Sure enough at 10am a team of two lads arrived in an unmarked van and began to dig the short trench across my garden. At 1pm they left without saying a word. Openreach should have been following close behind to connect the line.

By 3pm I was getting very concerned. Another day off work and no-one on-site to connect my telephone line. I tried calling Tricia Downe using the telephone number she had given me only to find she was not in the office that day! In real frustration I once again lost my temper with BT and was passed to James Hurst, Tricia's manager. After several telephone calls it was established that yet another promise was going to be brocken (the 11th) and in fact no Openreach engineer was available to complete the work that day. A 100% assurance was then given by James that he would ensure a 'level 2 priority' visit would be made by Openreach on Thursday morning.

Thursday morning arrived (another unpaid day off work) and sure enough an Openreach engineer arrive before 9am. He looked at the hole that had been dug, got straight back in his van and drove off. The hole had been dug in the wrong place!!

I am now sat at home with no hair left waiting for the hole to be re-dug and then for Openreach to connect the line.

As you can probably imagine, the above is just a brief summary of what has happened. Fortunatley every call to BT has been made from my IPhone which enables me to record every conversation and promise made by BT. I have made over 25 phone calls, spent many wasted hours on the phone, and been made 11 promises that have not been kept. I am in the process of transcribing the converations 'word for word' and when completed they will be posted to the internet for all to see. They will make interesting reading. (but not comfortable reading for all those who have made me promises that have not been kept, and those within BT trying to re-build it's long lost reputation)

Everyone who is considering using BT as a service provider will be able to see what an appalling saga this has been and see just how BT and Openreach blame each other, leaving the poor bill-paying customer sat in the middle with no power or control to do anything.

Shame on you BT for letting down a customer who has been loyal to you for 24 years in such a disgraceful way.

I will post the website address with the transcript of my conversations with BT as soon as I have registered a suitable URL (btsucks.com perhaps?)

Must go now and phone BT again to see if they can find a man with a spade.
  • northwestphoto
    Options
    It gets worse!

I emailed Ian Livingston (Cheif Exec of BT) earlier and recieved a response from a member of his dept Julie Foster. She has taken control of my problem and sure enough soon after I recieved a phone call from a woman at Openreach whol told me the problem with the incorrectly dug trench had been fixed today and an engineer would be visiting tomorrow morning to connect my telephone line..................except this is not true, no one has visited to correct the problem at all. I have been at home all day with no visit. I have even taken a photograph and emailed it to Julie Foster to show that what Openreach are telling me is not true.

What is likely to happen now is that an engineer will call tomorrow and not be able to connect the line and I am back at square one again !

A fifth day off work with no pay is a certainty and still no likely resolution.

The communcation between Contractors-Openreach-BT-Customer is appalling - as are the blatant lies that are told.
  • Spirit_2
    Spirit_2 Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I cannot see the online bill that was due at the end of January. I can see the DD has reduced, that the next bill is due in April, I can see the October 2009 bill.........but I want to see the January bill.

The email contact has met with zero response, a call to the help desk did reveal that the call handler could see my bill......but no explaination about when it would be available to me.

Is it unreasonable to expect to be told what your bill is?

BT is a technology based communications company - can I ask it to

use its online technology to communicate with me.
  • bankrupt07
    bankrupt07 Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2010 at 11:51PM
    Options
    I really need some help from the BT company representative please.

I returned to BT last year, my line was connected in August.

I signed up at bt.com and went paper free straight away, I went into the billing area, and then I realised I had been billed already, so I assumed my billing was monthly instead of the usual quarterly.

I phoned BT in downtown Delhi, and was assured by a very polite Indian lady that my billing was monthly, but if I wanted I could be billed quarterly, I quickly agreed and all was well.

Until September comes and brings another paper less bill, and October, then November and I'm down to incoming calls only, and I get my third monthly (quarterly) bill on 03Nov09 for £173.41, then on the 05Nov09 I recieve a letter (STILL GOT THE LETTER IF YOU NEED TO SEE IT i CAN SCAN AND EMAIL) from BT, a termination notice dated 04Nov09 stating that if I do not pay the outstanding £173.41 by 14 November "we will have to terminate your contract". I then made payment -10 Nov 2009 One Off Card Payment 173.41

Although I paid my outstanding balance within 4 days of the set date, and I made payment via card payment online, so BT recieved it straight away.

Why was I then completley cut off and terminated ?

They then made me wait another month for my final bill, and I was told I couldnt have a new contract unless I stump up £100? and even then I have to wait for the final bill to be issued and paid before proceeding with a new contract.

It's caused me and my family no end of hassle and I still owe the final bill of £60.65, now I get daily calls from Moorcroft debt collectors trying to rape me over the phone for the £60.65

I think the company has a practice of terminating as many contracts as possible, as it rewards BT with massive amounts of money via the 're-connection' con.

Fed up.:(
  • bankrupt07
    Options
    I really need some help from the BT company representative please.

I returned to BT last year, my line was connected in August.

I signed up at bt.com and went paper free straight away, I went into the billing area, and then I realised I had been billed already, so I assumed my billing was monthly instead of the usual quarterly.

I phoned BT in downtown Delhi, and was assured by a very polite Indian lady that my billing was monthly, but if I wanted I could be billed quarterly, I quickly agreed and all was well.

Until September comes and brings another paper less bill, and October, then November and I'm down to incoming calls only, and I get my third monthly (quarterly) bill on 03Nov09 for £173.41, then on the 05Nov09 I recieve a letter from BT, a termination notice dated 04Nov09 stating that if I do not pay the outstanding £173.41 by 14 November "we will have to terminate your contract". I then made payment -10 Nov 2009 One Off Card Payment 173.41

Although I paid my outstanding balance within 4 days of the set date, and I made payment via card payment online, so BT recieved it straight away.

Why was I then completley cut off and terminated ?

They then made me wait another month for my final bill, and I was told I couldnt have a new contract unless I stump up £100? and even then I have to wait for the final bill to be issued and paid before proceeding with a new contract.

It's caused me and my family no end of hassle and I still owe the final bill of £60.65, now I get daily calls from Moorcroft debt collectors trying to rape me over the phone for the £60.65

I think the company has a practice of terminating as many contracts as possible, as it rewards BT with massive amounts of money via the 're-connection' con.

Fed up.:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport