Options

Comments

• heather8
    heather8 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 October 2009 at 12:17PM
    Options
    Dear BT,

I have already sent you a PM, but here is my complaint.

Hi

The above item has been showing on my bills for some time.

originally I was on a monthly plan with BT where my line rental and calls were packaged. I then changed call provider, but my line remained with BT. I was advised by the call centre that this would be around 9.50 ish per month, it may have gone up since then. This was paid by direct debit. I noticed earlier this year that I owed BT quite a lot of money and each quarter this was getting more on more. The biggest chunck of this related to BT caller display.

I phoned BT in India (you can't speak to anyone in the UK), and asked what this was, as I had never requested caller display.

I rang on 04/08/09 at 18.24 and spoke to Smita, she said she would arrange to have all of my caller ID chargers reimursed. Great I thought, fantastic customer service.

Well my bill arrived to day, no refund of charges and a further amount is shown of 7.50. I have now spoken with Sandeep with will remove 13.00 for goodwill, when I aksed about all the other quarters charges, he said he was unable to do and I needed to write. hence my e-mail.

can you now investigate this and tell me why I have been charged for a service that I have not requested please, and arrange for these fees to be refunded off my bill. At the end of the day, all I should be paying for, is some line rental and one or two odd phone calls including 1471 calls. Most of our calls are made on mobiles. I cannot understand how I owe £65.28 when I have been paying by direct debit, to cover the line rental. I would add that my direct debit is now around 26.00 per month when it should be around 11.00 per month for the line rental only.

Can you also confirm that caller ID has been removed from my account too, so i will not be charged subsequentely.

I do you you can help.
  • janerbelle
    Options
    I have moved house in september and asked bt to supply my landline and broadband as we have used them for many years, with not too many problems... i was told that the line would be working from 25 sept...
    it wasn't and still isn't... i have spent countless hours on the phone to bt.
    noone will help..
    the latest reason is that there is no line available for us to use?????
    but the people in the house before us had a bt line..
    anyway the new line was supposed to be put in on friday, i like to think i would have noticed this happening? but no openreach people in my street.. i have phoned bt and i am waiting for openreach to ring me.. i feel i will be waiting sometime..
    bt phoned on friday to say they will soon be ready to put the line to the house! there is already a line to the house!!!
    i am fed up of ringing bt ( bt are very sorry it is taking this long) but nothing gets done...
    the latest i have been told is that i will have a phone line working on november the 12th... sorry just needed to rant as i am fed up!! bt have been charging us line rental since sept, funny they can get that bit right!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi - I really sympathise, we had this for 3 months. And got told a load of lies why it was not happening. Thing is Openreach engineers are often kept in the dark too. They have to phone Indian call centres to get their instructions. The left hand does not know what the right is doing.
    We actually would travel down to the local exchange to catch openreach engineers - who were completely in the dark.
    Can't advise - just sympathise.
  • janerbelle
    Options
    i have been driving around trying to find where they are working but have been unable to find them. I think they are in the wrong place as they are saying there is no line to the house but you can see there is... it is frustrating and i get a poor mobile phone signal and have had to buy mobile broadband which only works upstairs and is very poor signal...i really don't know what to do..
    but thanks for the reply
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    janerbelle wrote: »
    i get a poor mobile phone signal and have had to buy mobile broadband which only works upstairs and is very poor signal.
    Just because the mobile network you're on is poor does not mean the other 4 will be the same.

It is highly unlikely that you will get a poor mobile signal on all 5 networks.

Try one or more of the others.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • janerbelle
    Options
    when i got the mobile broadband they do a postcode check to see if there is any reception.. all major networks didn't offer a service so i brought vodafone as my mobile works to some degree.. i have 2 bars out of five for broadband.
    o2 and orange don't work here..
    i am just hoping bt sort the landline out soon...
    i can cope with my limited mobile use but that was because i have always had a landline... now with no landline it makes it really difficult...
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello janerbelle and heather8,

I have sent you both a PM about your issues.

Fionnuala
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • nanna58
    nanna58 Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Heinz
    Quick question
    Son living on his own with 2 7yr olds had bt phone line and net package year ago >requested online bills and Paper also to pay monthly.He needs to pay little and often due to his circumstances.Has been paying what he thought was both phone and net bills as they arrived. Turns out the bills are for net only >Bt now say he owes a years phone !! Contacted them they say he does owethe money even tho he has not had a bill.It seems that they may have been sending the bills to hs previous address.They say its tooo late to make an offer to pay the bill as they are now passing it to a debt collection agency. have you any advise or info as to where he can go from here
    many thanks for any help
    nanna58
    form filler extrordinaire
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello nanna58,

I have sent you a PM about this issue.

Fionnuala
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hello nanna58,

I have sent you a PM about this issue.

Fionnuala
    I do hope that PM contains some sensible input because sending bills for a current telephone service to a previous address is utterly ridiculous and, IMHO, would deservedly get BT laughed out of Court if the recovery of the alleged debt reached that stage.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure