🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Has anyone tried Effipro Spot on Flea Treatment? - Cheaper version of Frontline?

Options

Comments

• kazfg
    Options
    ive been using it for over 2 years get it online and works better than front line for me as my cat hasnt had any issues with it nor have my dogs.
    :)
  • blossom36
    Options
    Frontline and Effipro both stopped working on my cats last year, having used it successfully for years. The vet said fleas have built immunity to it (like headlice remedies) - am now using Advocat from the vets.
    "Thou shalt not forget that money is only money and not character or fame.”
    Steven J Lee
    LBM June 2010 - total debts £[STRIKE]32,876 [/STRIKE]:eek:
    June 2019 debt £19,446 :o 40% paid...(£13,430)
    'Long Haul' - chipping away slowly but surely..
  • sharon7_2
    sharon7_2 Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive also been told Advocate is better. Is there a product with the same ingredients as Advocate but cheaper at all? Also, during winter is everyone using the treatment on a monthly basis? Can I go to every other month?

Thanks
    S
  • lisajane8482
    lisajane8482 Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    Is advocat the stuff that is spot on flea and worm treatment?
  • BECKIN1507
    Options
    Advantage is now available without prescription, I've always been a frontline user but have noticed it's not working as well as it used to. Advantage uses a different ingredient so have no choose but to use that. (and acclaim or Indorex for the house)
  • sharon7_2
    Options
    Is advocat the stuff that is spot on flea and worm treatment?

Hi

I think it treats worms other than lungworm so you still have to use something to cover that

s
  • sharon7_2
    Options
    BECKIN1507 wrote: »
    Advantage is now available without prescription, I've always been a frontline user but have noticed it's not working as well as it used to. Advantage uses a different ingredient so have no choose but to use that. (and acclaim or Indorex for the house)

Do you know if its similar to Advocate at all?
    s
  • BECKIN1507
    Options
    sharon7 wrote: »
    Do you know if its similar to Advocate at all?
    s

It is only for fleas but the main ingredient is imidacloprid instead od the fipronil used in frontline, effipro and fiprospot.
    It may work out cheaper to buy wormer seperate as you won't need a prescription for it. I get it from here for £10.70 for 4 pipettes for my large dogs
    http://www.medicanimal.com/product/~advantage-400-for-dogs-25kg-plus-4-pipettes/~product_id=9/~category_id=MA-DOGS-FLEA_TICK/~root_category_id=MA-DOGS
  • BECKIN1507
    Options
    BECKIN1507 wrote: »
    It is only for fleas but the main ingredient is imidacloprid instead od the fipronil used in frontline, effipro and fiprospot.
    It may work out cheaper to buy wormer seperate as you won't need a prescription for it. I get it from here for £10.70 for 4 pipettes for my large dogs
    http://www.medicanimal.com/product/~advantage-400-for-dogs-25kg-plus-4-pipettes/~product_id=9/~category_id=MA-DOGS-FLEA_TICK/~root_category_id=MA-DOGS

Forgot to add Advocate and advantage use the same ingredient Imidacloprid but if I'm correct Advocate also uses Moxidectin for worms where as Advantage doesn't.
  • gazr_2
    gazr_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I called my vet, and the only difference is if you use the frontline combo which helps reduce fleaes in the home. The normal one dosn't but still effective against fleas and ticks on your animal which means if you use Effipro, ou'll still have to spray your house once a year.
    Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family