Royal Mail parcel - didnt even knock at the door grr

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
69 replies 9.3K views
potnoodleprincesspotnoodleprincess Forumite
111 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I was sat on my sofa about 4 feet from the front door in the hall and a card is chucked through the letterbox, I didnt look at the time as I assumed it was yet another takeaway leaflet or a letter I would look at in a while.

When I went to pick it up it was a "Sorry you were out" card as I had ordered something from Play.com last Monday, I now have to wait till Wednesday for my parcel as the postman was too lazy to even knoack at the door

Not happy but what can I do

PNP

Replies

• MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can rebook delivery on the Royal Mail website, there is a fee, but you may be able to get it delivered sooner than Wednesday.

I'd ring the sorting office and ask to speak to someone senior about why he didn't even knock.

Btw, we haven't had any post here today as there's another 24-hour postal strike.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • mcjordimcjordi Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    they knock at my door.. its enough to wake the dead..
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • mrcol1000mrcol1000 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would report this. Most of the postpeople are good people but there are some bad apples who get away with this kind of thing as people are scared to report them in case their mail gets lost. However if Royal Mail do not get to hear about these people not doing their job properly then they can not train them to do it properly.
  • SpammyTheSpammerSpammyTheSpammer Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The postman on this thread is being reprimanded for KNOCKING TOO MUCH: -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1902885

Ask if he can be assigned to your round....
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • oldone_2oldone_2 Forumite
    974 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Round our way they are notorious for doing this. I think they must sit in their car filling out the cards before they start their round.
  • mwamwa Forumite
    364 Posts
    Our postman never attempts to deliver anything that won't go through the box, he fills out his cards before his round and just puts them through, it drives me mad! What can you do though?
  • sarahg1969sarahg1969 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our postman used to do that with every single parcel he was supposed to deliver to us. The cards always came through in the middle of the letters.

I caught him out one day, when I opened the door and waved the card at him. I asked him for the parcel, and he admitted it was in his car three streets away.
  • PinkLipglossPinkLipgloss Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    sarahg1969 wrote: »
    Our postman used to do that with every single parcel he was supposed to deliver to us. The cards always came through in the middle of the letters.

I caught him out one day, when I opened the door and waved the card at him. I asked him for the parcel, and he admitted it was in his car three streets away.

LOL!

I hope you made him go get it! :D
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
  • That is soooo rude! the post men round my way either ring my door bell at 7am on a saturday,chuck the parcel outside or at the end of the drive without ringing the door bell or just leave a card....maybe we should start a petition to get these postmen/women retrained on how to ring a door bell or knock.....
    ;)
  • That is soooo rude! the post men round my way either ring my door bell at 7am on a saturday,chuck the parcel outside or at the end of the drive without ringing the door bell or just leave a card....maybe we should start a petition to get these postmen/women retrained on how to ring a door bell or knock.....

I dont understand this post at all above :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides