We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The SayNoTo0870 Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    PMerchant wrote:
    American, but is there something similar here:

http://gethuman.com/us/
    The UK version of that is:-

http://gethuman.com/uk/
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems that saynoto0870 site is down:confused:
    Does anyone know whats happening?

Has it gone?

Is it coming back?
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    vinylmusic wrote:
    It seems that saynoto0870 site is down:confused:
    Does anyone know whats happening?

Has it gone?

Is it coming back?
    It's working for me.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Bardolph
    Options
    I read the SayNoTo0870 article with great interest and have happily used it since on many occasions. When I tried to use it today I couldn't access the site! I've tried several times on two different browsers. Is this site's disappearance sinister?
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    Bardolph wrote:
    I read the SayNoTo0870 article with great interest and have happily used it since on many occasions. When I tried to use it today I couldn't access the site! I've tried several times on two different browsers. Is this site's disappearance sinister?
    The servers where the site is hosted have had problems recently. Unfortunately, these problems are outside the site owner's control.
  • djblamire
    djblamire Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Unfortunately we have encountered a major hardware failure on one of the servers drives.

It is currently being worked on, and I am hoping that the site will be backup later tonight or early tomorrow.

The site has been down since this afternoon, and I am working with the data centre where the servers are based to get this backup as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Daniel
    SAYNOTO0870.COM
  • raj75
    raj75 Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    Until saynoto0870 comes up, you can use this site -> http://www.contact-number.co.uk.
  • djblamire
    djblamire Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    The site is now backup and should be fully functional.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Daniel
    SAYNOTO0870.COM
  • Jays
    Jays Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what is the cost of dialling an 0870 or 0845 number through BT Option 1 and 1899? Or which is cheaper?

Many thanks
    Jays

Don't need to reply, I've found the answer, thanks though,
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Jays wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what is the cost of dialling an 0870 or 0845 number through BT Option 1 and 1899? Or which is cheaper?

Many thanks
    Jays

Have a look at http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/ukcallchecker/ it provides you with all the the info you need,and gives you cheaper suppliers at peak rate then the two you mention.
    PF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport