We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Warning About Littlewoods

Options

Comments

• lucieerin
    Options
    ...eek! This is awful! I would understand if they cancelled your order or didn't put it through when they checked the codes .. but to do it retrospectively when you have no chance to send the items back is awful. I totally have no problem with them cancelling an order -- fair enough..but to let you think it's ok and then try and get the money back ?! I'm panicking a bit as I've ordered stuff in the past that I would not have bothered with at full price..that I didn't really need or couldn't really afford...and I'd be in a bit of hot water if they asked for the money back!
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with Littlewoods for years. I have also used codes from here occasionally.

I think Littlewoods would not have a problem if it was an odd code here and there but since that isnt the case as hundreds or more people openly brag about getting something for nothing they are now 'up in arms'.

Unfortunately I think it will be the account holders who will pay for all this as they are easy to check on, and chase for the money.

Personally I dont think anyone should be allowed to use any code if they dont have an account as it has really ruined it for us 'loyal' account holders.

Getting a discount is great but all this 'I got all this free' by people who would never use the catalogue otherwise or do it to sell their free stuff on ebay etc is blatantly dishonest.

Saying that I do not think that Littlewoods should be able to ask for more money weeks or months down the line unless they are prepared to accept the item back at that time also.

If (and I hope not) they contacted me I would say they could have the item back if they wanted it and bluff it out insisting that the code was mine legitimately unless they can PROVE otherwise.
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • ChabbyAlonso
    Options
    Well I've just brought a pair of bottoms with the £13.50 code...I rang up because they charged me full price and they said we charge full price then take off the code later that day...which they have. Money should be returned to my account during the week hopefully!
  • tatts_2
    tatts_2 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    I think the fact that they first charge your account with the FULL amount and then some time later deduct the discount and refund your account, is proof enough itself that they have checked the code and whether you are entitled to it........! surely, they can not get away with suddenly changing their minds 6 months down the line and saying they have now decided to change the offer of discount and would like the full amount! (ref to LXDirect..... dont know if the same applies to littelwoods discounts?? I dont shop with them!)

If Littlewoods codes work the same as LXDirect ( charge full amount and then deduct later)
    Trading standards should be contacted for those who are having trouble........
    if the system has been abused, it is Littlewoods fault it has been, they ARE aware of these problems ( as quoted by a littlewoods employee a few posts back!) so why have they not done their jobs properly and checked the availabilty of the code when they charge the full amount, and then later discount it.......??

must point out though.... catologue prices are higher due to the option of credit facilities ( ie 20 weeks interest free) though youd think that by cutting out the 'middle man' (ie a shop premises etc) that they would be cheaper!

I dont and wont shop with littlewoods........ (orderd a wardrobe from them, with discount as new customer, not only did they only send half the wardrobe, they insisted on payment for the full price before the rest of it was delivered. some 8 weeks later!. was charged £30 for late payment, had VERY stroppy CS ring and speak extremley rudely to me, and until I said i was going to charge THEM for storage on the half a wardrobe that was no good to me, did they back down, cancel the over charge and only took half the original discount off, which was a genuine code used mailed to me........vowed NEVER to spend money with them again, told then if they sent another catologue to me Id have them for harrassment! lol)

but............ who else are littlewoods part of? other than LXDirect ( only used them once, til i realised they were part of Littlewoods and that stopped any furture orders being made by me!!! refuse to have anything to do with them after my experiences with them)
    arent they something to do with LaRedoute aswell????
    (hope not!!! lol)
    Tatts :hello: :kisses2:
  • seanparkin
    Options
    I'd love for them to try it on with me, I'd tell them well and truely where to go.

The contract of sale was completed upon payment, delivery and acceptance of goods. Finito, anything charged past there is unlawful.

They can by all means add it to your account, or whatever, I personally would tell them to just try and collect it...
    DONE: Great North Run 09! Raised £452 for the National Autistic Society
    SOON: Cycling John O'Groats to Lands End! For the National Autistic Society
    Please sponsor Me! http://www.justgiving.com/sean-parkin

Debtwatch - Flexiloan (£1844 - £0 by July 11) - Personal Loan (Closed Jan10!) - Egg CC (Closed June 09!) - Tesco CC (Closed May 10!)
  • bella4uk
    bella4uk Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    tatts wrote:
    who else are littlewoods part of? other than LXDirect ( only used them once, til i realised they were part of Littlewoods and that stopped any furture orders being made by me!!! refuse to have anything to do with them after my experiences with them)
    arent they something to do with LaRedoute aswell????
    (hope not!!! lol)
    Great universal and great universal essential are now part of the littlewoods group, this has just happened in the last couple of months
  • seanparkin
    Options
    Littlewoods were once owned by Sir Peter Moores - they were sold a couple of years ago.

Sir Peter has recently gone raving mad. Probably where Littlewoods have been influenced from.

WooOOooOOOooo, loonies.
    DONE: Great North Run 09! Raised £452 for the National Autistic Society
    SOON: Cycling John O'Groats to Lands End! For the National Autistic Society
    Please sponsor Me! http://www.justgiving.com/sean-parkin

Debtwatch - Flexiloan (£1844 - £0 by July 11) - Personal Loan (Closed Jan10!) - Egg CC (Closed June 09!) - Tesco CC (Closed May 10!)
  • ladela
    ladela Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't those asked just say they did receive the codes off Littlewoods? How can they prove you didn't?
  • mutty_hc
    mutty_hc Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking of using littlewoods to buy a few pieces of clothing, have they been hot on these codes recently cause I was just going to use them out of conveinience and maybe saving some cash, and also if they did try to come down on me am I legally able to stop it?

Ta.
  • skint_taffy
    Options
    hate to tell you but they now own kays as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport