We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Warning About Littlewoods

Options

Comments

• DonGotti
    DonGotti Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm, Anyone know if there is a way of cancelling orders online or do you have to phone CS :confused:

E-mail them and it should be ok.

On the whole, I didn't mean to cause panic...just letting people know. I for one won't be using any of their codes on their overpriced goods again. On the one hand, it's unfair as they should have informed me when i placed the order, but then again codes are being advertised on websites and sold on Ebay so it's not surprising.
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the reason they might be pulling some codes is that some abuse the system.

I used a 20% off code when I bought my laptop off them, but they will still get nearly £600 from me ... and I've had no phone call.

Some people though order something for £26, use a £25 voucher and pay £1 ... I'm guessing this is what Littlewoods are annoyed about as this way they are losing money. As I bought a laptop (as well as other bits at other times) they are still making money from me.

This is only my opinion, but it does make some sense.
  • chirpy007
    chirpy007 Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    l was charged full price even though l had a confirmation email stating the reduced price, l also ordered 2 items in my husbands name but dont know if l have been charged full rate yet, l returned the first full price item. Worth a try so never mind.
  • decanay
    decanay Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot believe that Littlewoods would do this. No company can use its terms and conditions to alter a contract once it has been fulfilled.

This is what trading standards are for, and I advise anyone who receives a call to contact them straight away.

Surely the law would see it that Littlewoods have deliberately leaked these vouchers into the public domain, with the intention of increasing their sales figures, and then a month or 2 down the line demanded the full amount.
  • worldwide3rider
    Options
    decanay wrote:
    I cannot believe that Littlewoods would do this. No company can use its terms and conditions to alter a contract once it has been fulfilled.

This is what trading standards are for, and I advise anyone who receives a call to contact them straight away.

Surely the law would see it that Littlewoods have deliberately leaked these vouchers into the public domain, with the intention of increasing their sales figures, and then a month or 2 down the line demanded the full amount.

Totally agreee with what you say - I mean these codes have being going around for sometime now, and if they "really" wanted to do something about it they would of by now - eg gettin you to ring in with the code so a person can check it there and then. And I said earlier in this post there terms and conditions claim they verify the code before accpeting the order.

I think they are just trying to reclaim some cash where they think they can get away with it.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats why the codes have largely been removed, either no source was given or they were not for gereral use, i.e. if littlewoods sends you a code it doesnt mean it can be used by anyone else. Other companies have stopped allowing the posting of codes on here so please excersise a bit of caution, restraint and common sense;)
    You can save a lot on catalogues by shopping around. I saw a furniture set in LXdirect £199, but then i got a discount code from Empire, but it was still cheaper at LX, and the chest of drawers was bigger, as well as a free gift included.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • jonnydoe
    jonnydoe Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    I've used 2 codes in the last week (each £15 off) and email has verified the reduced price. If they suddenly turn around and say I owe them the full price I will be returning the goods for a full refund. If they don't accept this, trading standards will be involved.

There will be a lot of unhappy customers if this is all true... Took me a while finding anything for £10-£15 serious rip off prices..

JD
  • gizmos
    gizmos Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    just to add to this one I am an administrator on another forum and we literally had two Littlewoods codes on it and got a new member with who posted and asked us to remove them. We checked their details and they are a genuine member of staff at Littlewoods - dont want to panic everyone just to give you a headsup over here.
  • shibumi
    shibumi Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I had two £13.50 codes revoked for orders palced in December 2005!!!
    Not happy... It seems that once you phone then and a jobs worth looks at your account more closely they revoke the codes.
  • urmmmmmm
    urmmmmmm Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    Im sorry but i cannot see how legally they can do this:confused: to cancel yes but to send orders and then any time later through the year to claw back money i just dont see how they can legally do it:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport