We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Warning About Littlewoods

Options

Comments

• urmmmmmm
    urmmmmmm Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    I think those that go OK i will pay will pay and those that tell um to get stuffed wont:o
  • yuffie
    yuffie Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Littlewwods have been trying to contact me by phone for a while now but they either get my OH or i dont answer-i have an online account so dont want to discuss it on the phone.
    This must be what they want so glad i havent answered as have used codes in the past, think i will pay off my account and close it, i wouldnt owe them much but its more than i can afford right now as am at home looking after a 2 year old so not working.
  • bella4uk
    bella4uk Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think they will let you close it with an outstanding balance which is what they say you will have. They may just be offering you some bargains as they do ring from time to time, just don't amswer.
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    They wont let you close an account with a balance on it and they do chase money outstanding, as they did with a friend of mine.

Secondly, Littlewoods should now improve their system and move on. Can you imagiine what would happen if everyone was asked to repay the discount and everyone rang Watchdog or the papers etc. It would make a laughing stock of Littlewoods.

If you are an account holder and shouldnt be using the codes it shouldnt go through and complete the order.

I seriously doubt if they know which account holders receive which vouchers as the ones for a bag for instance have the same code on them.

Non account holders are different as where would they have got all their vouchers from anyway??

I would imagine that Littlewoods might contact them to ask how, where and when they received the vouchers for account holders and then the s*** will hit the fan!:eek:
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • me4bargains
    me4bargains Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    Littlewoods have been calling me constantly too but during office hours for the last few months!!
    Don't they realise I am out working to pay their bill!!
    Anyway i had to call them today because I stupidly sent them back a top from another catalogue.
    I waited with baited breath while she pulled up my details and unclenched when she didn't mention codes at all.
    To be honest, I spend way to much with them for them to pull the rug under my feet.
    All my household appliances and a lot of bedding etc are from them and you don't bite the hands that feds you, do ya.
    I think they're trying it on with their not so shopoholic customers.
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
  • mrme
    mrme Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    stuzhunter wrote:
    What the fuss..Littlewoods is a CON anyway..In the past, they have sent me codes & vouchers (nicely designed too!) adressed to me personally and they have either rejected the code or accepted the code & then charged me fully..If they send codes/vouchers to people & their computer system accept them.the contract is done..legally binding that's it..It's completely illegal to charge customers back..those unfortunates should report to Trading Standards & ask for compensation..Littlewoods is thriving on this situation..they are saying..well let them use the code..we'll get the money back anyway..now that's another CON.

TOO RIGHT I got a code for £10 off LXDIRECT because they sent me a catalogue full of womens stuff (they go straight in the bin anyway so I wasn't 'distressed' as they put it) Anyway I did use the code & I have been charged full price, Over a month later they are refusing to honour the offer. I even have the letter :mad: They are happy to accept the orders but not honour their offers.
    :j :j
  • yuffie
    yuffie Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    bella4uk wrote:
    I don't think they will let you close it with an outstanding balance which is what they say you will have. They may just be offering you some bargains as they do ring from time to time, just don't amswer.

I do intend to pay off the balance before closing it and the balance as it stands is still taking off any vouchers i have used in the past.
  • kevin.philips
    Options
    Some really good points raised here. The contractual part I believe is of conditional acceptance. I believe in good faith Littlewoods accepted the order, they then, under terms included within any sale are allowed to pursue incorrect usage of codes, at worst it could be argued that purchasers were attempting to "defraud" (Used in the loosest possible terms) the company knowing that any used codes were not specifically issued to them.

Now don't get me wrong, I believe that individually people could also argue the fact that the order was accepted when the code was used, thus amounting to acceptance although I still think it would be difficult, lengthy and costly to try this.

Best thing to do if the situation suits is to try the closure of account approach. Better still if you paid by credit card, I completely agree that further charges can not be made after the transaction has been processed with any further issues having to be resolved by the credit card company and Littlewoods.

Still - a great thread for discussion.
  • charlie2309
    Options
    if my memory is right i received a form stating new t&c's from them ages ago asking for me to read, sign and send back,(ihave been with them for years) anyway it sat in my pile of things to do for so long when i eventually found it again i thought well im still shopping with them with no probs so just binned it thinking if it that important to them they'll send another, now im wondering if there may have been something in there that if i had of signed would of gone against me with all this code business. i have only used one code from here a few months back but at 20%off v.expensive dining table i am now rather worried .
  • LEICESTER_3
    Options
    Litltewoods have a right cheek to try and recoup any discounts that customers have received. I've used several codes in recent months and all were accepted (used a card to pay and go though). If I were to get a call from them asking me to repay the discounts I would just refuse. There system is at fault if it accepts the codes and gives you a discount in the first place. Anyhow even with codes giving 10.00 or 15.00 off they are still making a huge profit on there massively inflated prices!

It makes a change for people to get one over on the companies doesn't it?:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family