We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Warning About Littlewoods

Options

Comments

• bella4uk
    bella4uk Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    They are taking over!!!!!!......could be wrong but think that they also own additions direct,abound and marshall ward...
  • tatts_2
    tatts_2 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    do they own empire too????
    Tatts :hello: :kisses2:
  • bella4uk
    bella4uk Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    tatts wrote:
    do they own empire too????
    Thankfully no, Redcats own empire and verbaudet.....for now!!!!!
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    When I rang customer services they asked which catalogue I was with as they must be CS for all of them in one place.

I ordered a bathroom cupboard from Choices to use the new customer discount code and it came from Kays who I'm already with, but they still gave me the discount when I rang them.

Alson Freemans and Grattan are you same for those who dont already know.
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • the_poppy_girl
    Options
    hi, littlewoods now do not give you cashback on special offers or sale items!!! (what a cheek to change the goal post when you want).
    great site by the way:T
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    ladela wrote:
    Why don't those asked just say they did receive the codes off Littlewoods? How can they prove you didn't?

They will havea record of where the mailshots went to.
  • loobyloose
    Options
    well i would say stay away from littlewoods as they charged me for a bottle of aftershave (they were too late sending about a month) i sent it back as i got it, the reckoned it had been unsealed! I bought the same bottle from boots before that and it wasnt sealed nor was any on the shelf, had notice most aftershave comes unsealed. But hey they charged me £34.99 plus £3.50, plus £7 admin plus £5 for sending it back to me, whch i refused at the door. They still havent taken the money off and have just wrote to them telling them to take it off or i just wont pay my outstanding balance what is left about £600, waiting for reply.... They seem to pick on people who have personal accounts for some reason.
    :confused:
  • ladela
    ladela Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    deanos wrote:
    They will havea record of where the mailshots went to.

I have had lots of codes sent to me (actually 1 this week) which when I've put through do not work so they can not keep track of who gets what surely?

I think I'd try my luck and put the onus back on them to prove it; if they can then you are in no worse position than you are already.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone

Just to let you know that i work for Littlewoods and over the past 12 months an new computer system has been installed for the cs process.

The abuse of discount codes has really always been a problem for the company but has only come to light once the new system has analysed spending patterns and discount codes applied.

As new processes come online the restriction of discount codes will become tighter and tighter.

Currently the system scans all orders placed with a discount code applied and checks a central database to see if the individual has been mailed or selected for the discount, if not cs is informed and the customers advised. This i beleive is not done "real time" at the order processing stage however within the next few weeks this will change and orders will not be accepted if the discount code used has not been mailed or selected for the customer.

So how come Littlewoods are still resorting to rip-off tactics a year later?
  • not_the_messiah
    Options
    Anyone affected by the Great Littlewoods Voucher Scam, please sign up to www.geteven.biz. If you haven't heard of us already, we are trying to get enough people who have been affected by this together so that we can launch a class action against LW and get this buried once and for all. If you don't want to register on the sight, we still want to hear your story (http://geteven.biz/templates/email.html), even if you decided to pay the £25! I urge anyone that has been affected to get in touch!

Cheers

Tim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills