We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Free Cinema Tickets - Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    crybabyaj wrote: »
    Just a thanks to the OP of the tickets for the Russian Standard Vodka Originals Film Festival.

I went to see Its a Wonderful Life last night and had a great time. There were free vodka cocktails drinks before the film and in the intermission (can't think of the last time I saw a film with an intermission!). The seats were sooo comfortable too!

All in all a great night.

Ooh Sounds fab, sadly my home town - Liverpool isn't listed for any forthcoming events. But glad I could help others enjoy free film and free vodka.:)
  • thefrenzexperiment
    Options
    A colleague who runs the club for Y10 & 11 suggested a Carry On Film but couldn't make his mind up which one would be best...

Open to suggestions....:cool:

Much as I have fond memories of the Carry Ons (and especially still love Carry on Screaming), I don't think their appalling sexist content is a good thing to show to kids in an educational film context nowadays.
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    i saw tamara drewe tonight, was pretty good, some very funny moments, some lovely twists maybe slightly dull in a few places but well worth the watch x
  • The_Old_Bag
    Options
    Just got home from Times+ screening of Tamara Drewe.
    For once I was quite early - which was a good job as the small screen was already very full.
    By 6.30 it must have had 100% full.

Film I found very enjoyable, but also very unusual.
    I did not watch any trailers, after I had read a few very mixed reviews.
    The more i have tried to analyse what I did and didn't like about the film, the more I am left wondering exactly why I enjoyed it so much...... so therefore I have decided to stop trying to dissect it or catagorise it, but just report back that I had a very enjoyable evening.
    Lots of squeals of delight/horror/shock from the audience, and many laugh out loud moments.
    Not an oscar winner, but I never felt even remotely tempted to leave early - or fall asleep.:p
    Couldn't believe the time when I came out, the two hours had flown by.
  • turniplord
    turniplord Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2010 at 10:13PM
    Options
    patch3228 wrote: »
    Good work turniplord!

Any tricks up your sleeve to get the booking page for The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud?

Actually isn't that screening already happened? or when is the date of that?

Cheers!

Hi, that link does take you to the Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud (the show is on 28/09/10) - once registered on there just put in your email and on the next page it has that film and a few other options (best to bookmark that page and check every now and again as they dont seem to advertise when new shows go on there!!)

And thanks to everyone who thanked me :) I'm glad its worked fine for ou - I can't wait to goto the Manchester Showing :)
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    Also annoyed that non-sky customers are being allowed to use rewards that are for Sky customers only

just wondering, have you ever used a code that some has posted online from a magasine or something similar but not actually bought the mag..... cos if you havent bought the mag yourself but then used the code you're doing exactly the same as the non sky customers gettin tickets.... just a thought :)
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not showing on mine either, and Birmingham is sold out now.
    Annoyed!
    Also annoyed that non-sky customers are being allowed to use rewards that are for Sky customers only

Now that the link has been posted on a public forum, Sky will close that loophole down as they have in the past.

I do wish people would think before posting some things:mad:
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    Poochface wrote: »
    Now that the link has been posted on a public forum, Sky will close that loophole down as they have in the past.

just as a PM'd them and told them :)
  • Rainey_LB
    Rainey_LB Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    Much as I have fond memories of the Carry Ons (and especially still love Carry on Screaming), I don't think their appalling sexist content is a good thing to show to kids in an educational film context nowadays.

I disagree, attitudes and society has changed considerably since Carry On's were made, there was less political correctness and people were able to speak more freely and the films were tongue & cheek, as I female I would never take offence, I still love them today.

From educational point of view, all the classics film/tv of that time had similar content, Carry On's, On The Buses, Step Toe & Son......... it would demonstrate how attitudes and humour has changed. They are also a great representation of British 1960's film making.

As for the sexist content, its slapstick, not really offensive and I have no problem with my children watching them as did I as a child.
    :hello:
  • turniplord
    Options
    Poochface wrote: »

only the code before the .php will be disabled - but as long as you have clicked the link once it adds a cookie to your browser - the cookie lasts for 6 months and the 'came from sky' flag lasts until jan 1st 2020 - meaning if this link is closed but you have clicked the link already then you wil have access to the sky booking page until 2020 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport