Has your bank (esp Lloyds) ignored your hardship claim?

1101112131416»

Comments

• I understand that in the case of certain banks when assessing customers for financial difficulty they will consider whether there is a risk of possible suicide.

My husband attempted suicide in 2007 because of stress brought on by financial difficulties. When approaching LTSB for a refund of our charges earlier this year I reminded them of this fact.

(They were perfectly aware of it already as they had referred to his suicide attempt in my Subject Access Request as trying to 'top himself', which in itself I found to be totally insensitive and disgusting.)

LTSB totally disregarded this fact and chose not to make any offer to refund our charges, despite our priority debt arrears of which they were sent ample proof.

Further letters of formal complaint to both LTSB head office and particularly the CEO (in which the insensitivity of their staff, amongst other things, was pointed out) also had no effect. The letter to the CEO was merely passed to an underling at Hove who said they were happy with their previous response to our complaints. I also made a complaint about LTSB to the FSA Waivers Team.

After this had dragged on for some months and having filed a complaint with the FOS, my husband felt he had no option but to quit the small business he had started in an attempt to relieve his stress and has gone back to a stressful job in the city.

We have since informed the FOS we are no longer in a position to continue with our hardship claim and have instead filed at court for charges that amount to more than twice our o/d.

Good luck to anyone still pursuing LTSB!
  • Liberty lily, you don't have to file a claim in county court to be in the queue for refunds if/or when they are due. The fact you complained to the bank is sufficient to put you in the queue.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Hi Nattie,

Yes I know, but months if not years of aggro from LTSB meant that I felt I had to do something more assertive than just wait in line for a change:mad:

Liberty_lily xxx
  • Hi Nattie,

Yes I know, but months if not years of aggro from LTSB meant that I felt I had to do something more assertive than just wait in line for a change:mad:

Liberty_lily xxx

What does a court claim achieve than the fact that the bank can do NOTHING to you since the charges are in dispute with the bank?
    They send in DCA's? Charges in Dispute
    They sue you? You counterclaim for the charges so they can do nothing.
    What assertiveness does putting in a claim that will be stayed do? I guess I don't understand it but I shouldn't criticise you for taking that action.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family