September's Schlankheitskur aka the 7 pound club

Options
The_Dragon
The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
edited 28 September 2009 at 12:22PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Well done to everyone who completed the August challenge, and a warm welcome to all newcomers! (if I forget to put you on the first page list - nag at me until I do :rotfl:)

Here goes for another half stone challenge!

Don't think of how much you'd like/need to lose, just focus on losing those 7lbs for September! See, it doesn't seem so bad, does it :D

This is a useful site for tracking your weight, food etc

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php

You set up your own target by inputting weight, height, how active your lifestyle is, and any medical conditions. Then each day you keep a food diary by inputting what you eat, and also an activity log. The site works out your calories for input (food) and output (activity). The idea is that you keep the input between 500 and 1000 cals below the output, but without dropping below the minimum food cals set by the site for your lifestyle etc. And best of all the calorie count site is free!

If you're interested sign up here and lets help each other :T

Remember - It's 2009 and we are doing just fine!!!

September's 7 lb club members

The Dragon (22st 9lb)
alared (11st 10lb)
lightisfading
miss_nadine_x (14st 3.8lb)
Alexnikov
jack92 (11st 7lb)
Jodun (11st 1lb)
nettttie (11st 7lb)
hethmar (13st 3lb)
AdrianHi (10st 9lb)
trudij (16st 6lb)
lostinrates
poshstock66
binkyboo (10st 3lb)
sweetheartno2
mizzbiz
nettanote (225.4lb)
tara747 (133.8lb)
coffeeholic
huston_kw
jackie_w (11st 9lb)
ruby_eskimo
KatP
Bronnie
Mazzeratti2000
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
:p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p

Comments

• alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    Alared starting the month at 11-10, but going to be a difficult time because i`ll be away from home for two of the four weeks.
  • lightisfading
    lightisfading Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in Dragon, not that I think I'll hit 7lb but it's good to have dreams :rolleyes:
  • miss_nadine_x
    Options
    Hi Dragon could you add me please? Starting weight 14st 3.8... only managed 2.1lbs in august but hopefully this month will be better:D
    Thanks
  • Alexnikov
    Alexnikov Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Options
    Can you add me please Dragon? I'm hoping to keep up the good work from August - I have a lot more to lose!
  • jack92
    jack92 Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join in please? I've eaten so badly over the past 3 months that I've put back on the stone I lost with Weight Watchers earlier this year :mad: It doesn't help that DH has just had two weeks off work and he is a very bad influence when it comes to healthy (or should that be non-healthy!) eating. I gave up my job at the beginning of the summer, so can't afford, and don't want to join WW again.

Current weight today is 11st 7lbs and I'd like to lose 7lbs of that by the end of September. I'm going to be using the WW principles of points.

Nicola
  • Jodun
    Jodun Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, can you count me in too please. I really really want to loose a few pounds, I'm just nudging 11st at the moment and I don't like it! I'll weigh-in tomorrow morning and post my weight then. I had a go at the June challenge but didn't do too well, this time I think I'll post my days food consumption at the end of each day and see if that helps.

Good luck to everyone!
  • nettttie
    nettttie Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi You can definately count me in this month! Got ringside tickets for WWE in 9 weeks:mad: what was I thinking but dont want to embarrass poor DS2!

11st 7lb
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 31 August 2009 at 5:34PM
    Options
    Im nagging !! Im not on the first page :)

I have been too embarrassed til now but my start weight in April was 14 stone 13lbs (I hadnt weighed myself before that, but it was more). I am now 13 stone 3lbs. I want another 2 stone off, 2 and half stone would be even better. (5 years ago I was 9 stone 10 lbs and I was size 10 - but that was really TOO thin for my size/frame and age)
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Options
    Lost 3lbs last month.
    10st 12lbs down to 10st 9lbs.
    So 10st 9lbs (149lbs) my starting weigh this month, chalk me up please Dragon :)
    10st 3lbs (143lbs) is the farthest I will go before stopping and maintaining weight. So max 6lbs loss this month but I'll be happy with 3 or more.
    Getting harder to stay down to 1500 calories a day now I'm so close to the end.

Blimey, isn't the German word for diet (or "course of sliming treatment") long :D
    http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Schlankheitskur

Good eating all.
  • Jodun
    Jodun Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, it's September 1st, and I weigh 11st 1lb. Not for long though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure