Clydesdale bank ppi

Options
Hi again everyone just looking for some advice I sent of my first letter to CLYDESDALE BANK ref. missold PPI, got letter today saying they were looking into it, however they have asked me to fill out a questionnaire which is asking all sorts of questions from
What is my recollection of the meeting?
Provide an account of the discussions that took place
Why do you believe PPI was missold?
Also asking all my financial details of outgoings and income which is pretty hard to remmember as it was away back in 2003.
The letter says that in order to assist in our investigation could you please fill out this questionnaire and its prompt return will enable to progress my complaint more quickly..

Can anyone give advice.Should I fill this in even though I cant remember most of what was said and my financial stuff.. It seems as if they want to use this against me if I fill it out...

thanks in advance:confused:

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    artycgill wrote: »
    Hi again everyone just looking for some advice I sent of my first letter to CLYDESDALE BANK ref. missold PPI, got letter today saying they were looking into it, however they have asked me to fill out a questionnaire which is asking all sorts of questions from
    What is my recollection of the meeting?
    Provide an account of the discussions that took place
    Why do you believe PPI was missold?
    Also asking all my financial details of outgoings and income which is pretty hard to remmember as it was away back in 2003.
    The letter says that in order to assist in our investigation could you please fill out this questionnaire and its prompt return will enable to progress my complaint more quickly..

Can anyone give advice.Should I fill this in even though I cant remember most of what was said and my financial stuff.. It seems as if they want to use this against me if I fill it out...

thanks in advance:confused:
    Just fill it in to the best of your knowledge and send a covering letter stating it was so long ago but you are adament that the policy was missold and restate your own reasons.

Good luck
  • artycgill
    Options
    Thanks for that marshallka but I`m just a bit wary as they said in the letter make sure you sign it can this be used against me which they probably will if I put down something which turns out to be wrong and isn`t it up to them to prove not me,surely asking my financial detaols etc is a bit much...

what do you think

thanks once again
  • gazzarw
    gazzarw Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    they will stall your claim forever and it will end up at the FOS........trust me.......i have been doing the same thing for the last 5 months.......just letting you know, so you can expect it.
  • artycgill
    Options
    thanks GAZZARW but do I fill this form out??
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    artycgill wrote: »
    Thanks for that marshallka but I`m just a bit wary as they said in the letter make sure you sign it can this be used against me which they probably will if I put down something which turns out to be wrong and isn`t it up to them to prove not me,surely asking my financial detaols etc is a bit much...

what do you think

thanks once again
    I think only actually answer what you can be 100% on and the rest you need to just put "too long ago to remember the actuals". Still send a covering letter though stating you are still adamant you were missold and reiterate your reasons.
  • gazzarw
    gazzarw Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    yeah, fill out as marshallka says. if you are lucky, they will have lost all the selling documents you signed when you went into the branch for the loan........then they will make you an offer, which will be waaayyyyyy lower than what you are claiming............then its up to you to decide to take it or send it to the FOS
  • wullie-eng
    Options
    Hi all,

I thought i'd post this here to save opening another thread?

My partner to has had the same response from Clydesdale Bank regarding the PPI reclaim.

Hesitant to fill the question sheet in as we dont feel it is relevant to the claim?

Are they trying to compare information given during the application of the loan and information given to date to confirm that the PPI was not mis sold??

Wullie.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    wullie-eng wrote: »
    Hi all,

I thought i'd post this here to save opening another thread?

My partner to has had the same response from Clydesdale Bank regarding the PPI reclaim.

Hesitant to fill the question sheet in as we dont feel it is relevant to the claim?

Are they trying to compare information given during the application of the loan and information given to date to confirm that the PPI was not mis sold??

Wullie.

Hi Wullie, hope your well.;)

They all seem to be sending them now, but many write back and ask them to refer to the letter, and the account as all detailed are enclosed on them, or answer to the best of your knowledge etc.
    They still have 8 weeks as from the original letter.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • wullie-eng
    Options
    Thanks Di,

Done a wee bit of reading there and i think we will probably just fill in any relevant part and refer them back to the original agreement and original letter.

Thanks very much.

Wullie.
  • estimator
    Options
    Hiya
    I too am claiming against the bank for PPI miselling. They made me wait 12 weeks- due to a backlog.They didnt ask me to fill in any forms but I had sent a detailed letter in my complaint as to why I thought I had ben misold.
    They did come back stating that the form had been signed and that the complaint was not going to be upheld( have made a more detailed post on this forum)

Would make sure you put down as much as you can remember and make sure that you keep a copy!

good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport