New Futurama Smiths update thread

Options

Comments

• Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The cancellation e-mail has a goodwill link on it to get 10% off.

Also, it says "Your card has not and will not be debited"... hmmm.... I think it has! ::)
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    mmm my cancellation email is slightly different
    not saying fue to high stocks they are saying it is now out of print:

Title Product Code Quantity

Futurama Season 1-4 Complete B 27300DVD 1

We have received a report that the the above title is out of print and no longer available.
    We have therefore had to cancel the order as we will not be able to fulfil the order for this title.
    Other items on your order will be unaffected by this.

It may be possible to obtain a copy of this book through our out of print book service
    which is operated by AbeBooks. Please visit the link below for more information about
    second hand, rare and out of print books:

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/Go.ASP?menu=Books&pagedef=/books/outofprint/index.htm

didnt realise i was buying a book ?!? and no 10% discount offered either :-/
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received the same email.
  • gobbyash
    gobbyash Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    Ditto

Shame all the other stuff is overpriced!!

Even with 10% off you can getter it cheaper elsewhere.

gobbyash
  • pike999
    pike999 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Right,

I've contacted Watchdog and we need others to do the same to shame Smiths into meeting their moral obligation.

Go to the link below and click on "click here to selcct a subject". Choose 'online shopping' and file your complaint.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/index.shtml

The more folk that do it, the more chance we have. Strength in numbers etc....
    Waddle you do eh?
  • Purdy_1
    Purdy_1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like they are doing a "Tesco" excuse of no longer available rather than telling the truth (for which they are covered) that it was simply a price mistake.

I have yet to receive my email from them so will be interested to see what excuse they come up with. They have had my money pending since Monday evening, money which has been tied up and not available to me.

At the end of the day if they are honest then fair enough, you win some - you lose some. But if they use excuses then they take on the MSE's !!! ;D ;D
  • TheAJ
    TheAJ Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Not really sure we have a case to be honest. It's a deleted title, lots of places like Play.com are no longer selling it as they're unable to get anymore in. Even if they did want to honour the orders it looks like they genuienly wouldn't be able to. :-/
  • TheAJ
    TheAJ Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Not really sure we have a case to be honest. It's a deleted title, lots of places like Play.com are no longer selling it as they're unable to get anymore in. Even if they did want to honour the orders it looks like they genuienly wouldn't be able to. :-/
    I tell a lie! I take it all back. :o

Play.com are no longer say it's deleted and sold out, and infact have more in-stock.

Apologies. Was definitely the situation the other day though. :-[
  • Purdy_1
    Purdy_1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options

Why is it deleted when it was only released in Oct 2004 ? ???

UK Release Date: 25 October 2004
  • ukphilatelist
    Options
    I've had the same email for Futurama and Phoenix Nights. They say they are out of print (and My Orders on the web says "No Longer Stocked"). I chose to have them delivered to my local store - so I'm going to down to my chosen store this afternoon and take a photo of them sitting on the shelves... and then I'll email Watchdog!

I'll take a photo of LOTR Trilogy too for when I need it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure