Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Used postage stamps - who wants some? MERGED

Options

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I collect them at work, I pass them on to a girl in another dept who passes them on to another.

I think its for a blind charity.
  • ronaaston
    Options
    jet44 wrote: »
    I buy postage stamps from charities to raise funds. I am not a business but just a private individual who wants to help any charity I can to fundraise in this way. I am a stamp collector so that helps too and I love sorting through to see if I can find a new stamp for my collection. The waste is recycled afterwards so it cuts down in that way too.
    I work with around 100 charities to fundraise so if anyone is keen to collect stamps to raise funds for their charity, school, organisation please feel free to let me know.
    It won't make a fortune but it is better than throwing them away.

Hello, Please advise if you still buy used postage stamps. We are a small local charity based in the North East. Many thanks
    Rona
  • Geminy
    Options
    I have stamps that I would like to turn into cash for my local Motor Neurone Disease Association group. I lost my husband to this devestating disease in 2004. The group helped my husband, myself and our then 6 year old son and I would like to put something back.

Is there anyone on here that buys stamps that could give me an idea of what I can expect for them and how to go about selling?

Thanks
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Naomi House Children's Hospice would love them as well as printer cartridges, old mobile phones and any foreign currency (old or current!).

See http://www.naomihouse.org.uk/how/fundraising/recycling.aspx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • NumboJumbo
    NumboJumbo Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    This site is trying to form a list of places where you can donate used stamps. It's only got a list of one at the moment, so give it a chance I say.
    http://www.helpfromhome.org/action_green_recycle.htm and scroll down to the bottom to 'Recycle Used Postage Stamps'
  • warmbells
    Options
    Animals in Distress at the Littleborough sanctuary, they are an all animal rescue. Registered Charity number 515886

Animals in Distress
    Leach Farm
    Swaindrod Lane
    Blackstone Edge
    Littleborough
    Lancs
    OL15 0LE

01706 371 731
  • Pat1066
    Pat1066 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    BRACE (Bristol Research into Alzheimer's and Care of the Elderly) is a registered charity (No. 297965) established in 1987 to finance research into dementia and conditions of the elderly, particularly Alzheimer's disease.

They accept used stamps which can be posted to the address below:

Fundraising Administrator
    BRACE-Alzheimer's Research
    BRACE Appeal Office
    Blackberry Hill Hospital
    Manor Road
    Bristol BS16 2EW

Tel/Fax: 0117 975 4831
    Email: [EMAIL="admin@alzheimers-brace.org"]admin@alzheimers-brace.org[/EMAIL]
  • johnpaulpops
    Options
    Great post - I didn't realise so many people could benefit from them. It's definitely inspired me to start saving the stamps again.
  • redmandarin
    Options
    Great thread, thanks chops05!

I've wanted to give my used stamps to charity for ages, but I didn't know where to send them. Now I can start saving them.

I've often wondered what possible value used stamps could have - please can someone tell me how charities benefit from them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure