Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Used postage stamps - who wants some? MERGED

Options

Comments

• Wings_of_Ambition
    Options
    They sell them in bulk to collectors
  • redmandarin
    redmandarin Posts: 832 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I can't understand why stamp collectors would want ordinary UK 1st and 2nd class stamps. They're nothing special - just everyday stamps and there's millions of them! It takes all sorts I suppose! ;)
  • anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ilsa wrote: »
    The British Kidney Patient Association collect used stamps (British, foreign or albums).

The BPKA offer help, advice and financial assistance to kidney patients, families and renal units throughout the UK.

Visit www.britishkidney-pa.co.uk for more information :)

and the address to send stamps to is:

British Kidney Patient Association
    Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 9JZ
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • jet44
    jet44 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ronaaston wrote: »
    Hello, Please advise if you still buy used postage stamps. We are a small local charity based in the North East. Many thanks
    Rona

Yes I do still buy stamps from charities.
    It's non profit making scheme and I do it because I am a carer for my disabled children.
    It gives me so much as I love stamps and it's so good to give something back.
    I have a website here with all the info: www.jetstamps.org

Feel free to contact me directly from the website if that is easier.

ps. I hope it's OK that I've put my website link here and hope I haven't broken any rules.

Best wishes

Lynne
  • Sally_CT
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have bags of used postage stamps - does anyone know of a buyer in the Dorset area preferably (Hants/Wilts at a push). I want the money to go to a particular charity based in Dorset so want to keep it local if possible. Thanks.
  • shaz2806
    shaz2806 Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2009 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Sally_CT wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I have bags of used postage stamps - does anyone know of a buyer in the Dorset area preferably (Hants/Wilts at a push). I want the money to go to a particular charity based in Dorset so want to keep it local if possible. Thanks.
    what stamps would these be? all uk stamps?
  • Smoffi
    Smoffi Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    You can also take them into your local Christian Church as they use them to send stuff to 3rd world countries for parcels
    God helps make my veggie patch grow. He provides everything I need.. It only fails if I do NOT do as He has told me!!

Imagine if Christianity spread like swine flu... how much better the world would be!! God Bless!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,148 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not all churches collect postage stamps! Do check before you take a load in ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Not all churches collect postage stamps! Do check before you take a load in ...

Yes, please check. My church doesn't collect stamps!
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Surely its illegal to use a stamp twice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate