Recycle Your Mobile And Make Some Serious Dosh Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• PM
    PM Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    whats the best thing to do with old phones. any way of making a few bob with them? any ideas?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've merged your thread with the thread linking to Martin's article about making money from your old phones, the posts are in date order so you'll need to start at the beginning of the thread :)
  • dov
    dov Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone got a response from Mobile Phone Buyer recently?

I have sent 2 emails, left a message on their voice mail to contact me and phoned again today getting no response. I have around 15 mobiles + accessories to sell to them, was hopping they would send a courier or at least respond. If not I will try some of the other companies Martin mentioned in his article.
  • S0rin
    S0rin Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Just want to add a recommendation for mobilephonebuyer.net. They did exactly what they said.

I emailed them, they responded within 24hours and offered me the best price for my phone over the other ones I tried (envirophone, mopay and another one who's name I forgot).

Sent it off on the Tuesday, they emailed me Wednesday to say they had received the phone, I received a cheque on the Thursday.

Sure feels good when these things actually go this smoothly.
  • runchorn
    Options
    Has anyone sold their old mobile using any of these and do they pay up:
    Mopay,mobilephonebuyer.net, envirofone.com and Mobile2cash

:T
  • anterminator
    Options
    the poster above you says mobilephonebuyer is good and pays up. maybe you could try that.
    :beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just about to send 2 phones to mobile2cash, is it worth geting recorderd delivery and any idea how much it would cost.

I was just going to get a certificate of posting.
  • wheely
    wheely Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I used this bunch to sell an old Motorola. They offered £17 for it which seemed ok. They sent the bag, i posted it off with proof of posting over month ago. No cash yet and when I emailed them they said they hadnt recieved it and had had problems with phones being stolen.

Can i get my money back from someone? Post Office maybe?

Should they have a crime number if they are having these problems?
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    Options
    wheely wrote:
    I used this bunch to sell an old Motorola. They offered £17 for it which seemed ok. They sent the bag, i posted it off with proof of posting over month ago. No cash yet and when I emailed them they said they hadnt recieved it and had had problems with phones being stolen.

Can i get my money back from someone? Post Office maybe?

Should they have a crime number if they are having these problems?

I only sent with proof of postage and not recorder delivery as that just seemed like too much hassle changing the address etc.
  • rjd203
    Options
    I sent my phones off to Mopay in August and they are denying that they ever got received so not convinced about them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure