🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

scottish power

Options

Comments

• epsilondraconis
    Options
    duggo1 wrote: »
    I've not had my cashback either. Like you it was due end September, although there was a problem with the gas transfer which I thought had caused my delay.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has had the cash yet?

I too switched from SP to EDF via TopCashBack with an expected payment date of 30-09-09, but have not been paid.

Interestingly my electricity account has switched but for some reason the gas hasn't gone through yet. I sent the final readings to EDF for both gas and electricity.

Duggo1, could I ask what caused your delay with the gas switchover? I'm planning to contact EDF to find out why there is a delay however I'd be intersted to know in advance if there is a generic problem.

Thanks...
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gjs1701 wrote: »
    Mishmash when typing any long post on any forum, I would suggest typing the post in Word (or any other WP program) first, then cutting and pasting it in.

I've learned that the hard way. :)

No! Please type it in SimpleText or whatever the Windows equivalent is - not Word. Thanks.
  • duggo1
    duggo1 Posts: 175 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options

Duggo1, could I ask what caused your delay with the gas switchover? I'm planning to contact EDF to find out why there is a delay however I'd be intersted to know in advance if there is a generic problem.

Thanks...

When I called EDF I was just told that for some reason when they sent the switch request to SP for the gas it 'hadn't worked'. It then had to be re-sent but obviously SP are legally entitled to a notice period so that then had to be given.

My electric switch was on 5th September, but with the delays the gas switch didn't take effect until 12th October. I'd give them a call if I were you. From what I've read on here the gas switch should only take one week longer than the electric, so there is probably a problem with your account tpp.
  • emilyjade
    Options
    Did anyone take up the free case of Virgin wine to stay with SP? I received an email offering me this to stay. After phone calls I was offered the energy saver 7 so agreed to go back to them as this was a better deal than the one I was switching to. I asked about the wine offer which no-one seemed to know anything about, so explained details of email and eventually it was agreed to. Today received answer phone message asking me to telephone with details of where I had the wine offer from, no number given to reply and number withheld:mad:. Made various phone calls to the number I have for SP but was either told that dept didn't deal with those promotions or was put through to NATWEST!!!! I made one last call to the 0800 400 200 as was assured I would be put through to customer care only to receive and answer phone saying the office was closed, it was 1 minute to 5pm. Absolutely fuming now about the whole thing.
  • robt7893
    robt7893 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    My switch to EDF went ok the Elect on the 6th sept and Gas on 23rd Sept, so I don,t know what the problem might be with the cashback, maybe the volume of people moveing has slowed them down, I,ll give them untill the end of this month then start rattiing cages.
    I had SP on the doorstep yesterday looking for buisiness,I soon sent them packing with there special deals closely behind.
  • EIGHTOF8
    EIGHTOF8 Posts: 1,835 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 November 2009 at 1:01PM
    Options
    robt7893 wrote: »
    I switched to EDF via Topcashback, I was due to be payed the £60 on 30/09/09 the site advises to wait a further month before worrying well it's now the end of october and still not payable. is anyone in the same boat as I remeber a few of us switching with the cashback site????

I am also waiting for the money to go from confirmed to payable.
    Had a refund for gas but have only had a letter about my electric refund, but no cheque as yet.
    Not been in here for years. Life got hectic!
  • KimYeovil
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    robt7893 wrote: »
    My switch to EDF went ok the Elect on the 6th sept and Gas on 23rd Sept, so I don,t know what the problem might be with the cashback, maybe the volume of people moveing has slowed them down, I,ll give them untill the end of this month then start rattiing cages.
    I had SP on the doorstep yesterday looking for buisiness,I soon sent them packing with there special deals closely behind.

When were your first direct debits taken? That is normally when the supplier hands the money over the cashback site.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My switch from SP completed on 24th September for both fuels. First DD was taken on 14th October.Haven't yet rec'd any moneys from Energyhelpline. Can anyone remember how much the cash back should be?
  • KimYeovil
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    From Energyhelpline you'll only get £15 for a dual fuel switch (and only if you clicked through from this site - £0 if you do it direct with them (I think.)) Energyhelpline keep the other £47 to £95 for themselves (and Martin).

I've no idea how long they take - the first direct debit date suggestion was for cashback sites, not comparison sites.
  • robt7893
    robt7893 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    When were your first direct debits taken? That is normally when the supplier hands the money over the cashback site.

My direct debit should be taken out on 3rd of of the month but I don't know if it was taken out in Oct as I have'nt had a statement yet, (I might go and chase this up),I think I'll wait untill the DDR are taken out of my account in Nov and if nothing has changed on the cashback site then I will start chaseing it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport