scottish power

Options

Comments

• rustyjames
    Options
    steve5548 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had this issue, and how can they simply tie you in for another period set by them and without my agreement?

As per my previous message the email link didn't change the tariff for me either. According to the original email though you have 'til the end of September to opt out so I'd call them tomorrow and make sure they update you accordingly.
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Finally got my final gas bill, more than a month after they stopped supplying gas.

No exit charge, even though my electricity was swapped very quickly, a few days before the end of my capped tarriff.

It doesn't say on the gas bill which rate I was switched to after my capped rate ended. But it doesn't matter, since there was no exit charge.

It all seems to have gone smoothly, if a little slowly. Now just waiting for my credit cheque.
  • bhafc99
    Options
    I too got the email saying my fixed rate was coming to an end, and unless I clicked to opt out I'd be locked into a new capped rate.

I didn't appreciate the technique, and as a quick check suggested it was time to switch anyway, I clicked the link to opt out.

Nothing appeared to happen. My account continued to show I'd been put onto the Capped Rate, despite my request not to be. After a week or so, I emailed to ask for my opt-out to be honoured. I got a vague email to say this would happen "soon" and "automatically".

Another fortnight on, and I was STILL showing as being on the Capped Rate. I emailed again, insisting they take me off this. Eventually got a reply, saying they would put me onto the Standard Tariff as requested. Which happened, hooray. Only took three requests...

And then today they have the nerve to email me saying they've put me onto the Capped Rate after all. And when I check my account, lo and behold I'm blooming well back on it. Incredible.

So I have to phone up, and ask again, for a fourth time, not to be on this Rate. Shocking service, an utter disgrace, and I will NEVER be a ScottishPower customer again after this. :mad::mad::mad:
  • robt7893
    Options
    Ask then for a confirmtion "opt out" E-Mail when you phone, then at least you will have written proof if things do go wrong.
  • shug119
    Options
    Whats the best Scottish power tarif, energy saver 6 or 7.
    Cheers.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends on your consumption.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I rang and asked to change onto this tariff as the comparison sites said I would save around £60 but the CS lady tried to dissuade me. I am on the online energy dual fual fixed to 2011 and she said that if we changed we would pay more for electricity and less for gas but as energy 7 is variable the prices may go up again later in the year and we would be locked in until November 2010. It would cost us £50 as an exit fee to get out earlier.

Not sure what to do now, at least I know what I am paying at the moment. I suppose its a gamble on what prices will do in the next two years.
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    I got my final electricity bill from SP weeks ago. I was in credit by £6. It said nothing about how the credit would be refunded to me.

I got my final gas bill on 30/9. I was in credit by £30-odd. It said ' A cheque will be issued within 14 days.' And indeed only 2 days later, a cheque arrives.

But no cheque for the £6+ from my electricity bill. :mad: So much for my previous statement about things going smoothly.
  • shug119
    shug119 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to get off fixed rate. Now have to decide weather to move to a new supplier or pick between energy 6 or 7.
    Had over £600 in credit, said they would reduce my DD but told them to sent me a cheque.
    I pay about £159 a month at the moment.
    Whitch is the best tarrif/provider.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Everyones 'best' is different based on their usage. If you put your figures into 2 or 3 comparison sites that should give you an idea of what one suits your usage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure