scottish power

Options

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    EIGHTOF8 wrote: »
    Looks like Scottish Power are in deep ***t for trying to make its customers transfer to the new 2010 capped tarrif by just sending emails. If emails were missed or went into junk then the customer would be unaware of the new "enforced" contract.
    See here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2009/09/scottish-power-faces-probe-over-unfair-lock-ins?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=box
    They will only get a slap onthe wrist as usual, ofgen have no clout, it,s a cartel and they know it.We are merely pawns in the larger scheme of things.
  • jonnyb1978
    jonnyb1978 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well it seems SP dont want my business anymore.
    We have gas paying way over the odds compared to others and the electric is through a prepayment which was put in before we moved in.
    Always paid on time in the last 4 years or so. Gas by DD and was even £150 in credit when they decided to refund us this money along with a letter upping the DD. Common sense!!!!!
    Going to a dual fuel elsewhere can save us £236 (EDF) a year, yet SP still want a £150 deposit to remove the prepayment meter which we get back in 12 months, and £43 as costs to remove it nonrefundable even though i said i will stay with them as a loyal customer.
    EDF have said if we join them we have to stay on the prepayment for 28 days then they will remove meter for free and put us on the dual fuel. £236 saving....

I can see who i will be ringing tomorrow!:j
  • spaceraiders
    Options
    uswitch adviced I switched to " Online Energy Saver 7 Dual Fuel from ScottishPower " for the best deal. I phoned scottishpower but they seemed to have limited information this package because it just came out today; uswitch appeared to know more! I've been advised to phone back in a week to get more info. For a 1 year contract, you're guaranteed something like 3% below the standard dual package on this.

Does this seem like a good deal? Should I look at fixing/capping?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Great! Just as I got them to move me from Online Energy 4 to 6 they come out with 7! Still, the comparison sites say that 7 is cheaper for me than 6 so I will wait till the beginning of October, send over the meter readings and ask them to move me from 6 to 7. Only took them a day last time.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    uswitch adviced I switched to " Online Energy Saver 7 Dual Fuel from ScottishPower " for the best deal. I phoned scottishpower but they seemed to have limited information this package because it just came out today; uswitch appeared to know more! I've been advised to phone back in a week to get more info. For a 1 year contract, you're guaranteed something like 3% below the standard dual package on this.

Does this seem like a good deal? Should I look at fixing/capping?
    Hi, been on to sp,web site. nothing on there.Doesn,t look too good a deal to me.If it,s fixed then yes, but it can be bettered by several other companies.I am on 5% below standard with sp and I can save over £100 by changing to EDF et.Al. We shall see what they come up with, the small print is what counts
  • ANGLICANPAT
    Options
    I tried to look at the comparison sites to see if my mums Manweb Scottish power leccy bill could be bettered , but the package shes on, quoted at the top of her bill , called Premier Plus , doesnt appear in the options of the 'what tariff are you on now ' box. SP rep, can you help identify it please?
  • spaceraiders
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    Hi, been on to sp,web site. nothing on there.Doesn,t look too good a deal to me.If it,s fixed then yes, but it can be bettered by several other companies.I am on 5% below standard with sp and I can save over £100 by changing to EDF et.Al. We shall see what they come up with, the small print is what counts

Hmm, I just used uswitch and it said online energy 7 with sp was the cheapest for me.

Is it worth fixing this time? Are the prices expected to go up again?
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 September 2009 at 11:54PM
    Options
    I tried to look at the comparison sites to see if my mums Manweb Scottish power leccy bill could be bettered , but the package shes on, quoted at the top of her bill , called Premier Plus , doesnt appear in the options of the 'what tariff are you on now ' box. SP rep, can you help identify it please?

Scottish Power Rep please advise

That is what I would like to know too, its not on scottish powers website either how confusing is that!

My daughter is on both elec and gas premier plus I tried to find it on uswitch and had to choose duel fuel online. If there is a rep here please enlighten us. I want to know if there is a cheaper package with scottish power without a tie in to contract as daughter may not be in the property for a year or is she on the cheapest? shes on fixed direct debit for both.

Does moving house cancel out any contract without charge please?

The uswitch search when selecting duel fuel online as there was no premier plus option came up with the cheaper option of " Online Energy Saver 7 Dual Fuel from ScottishPower " but is that better than the premier plus shes on please?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's online now:
    Online Energy Saver 7 Offer

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/mediaassets/doc/Online%20Energy%20Saver%207.pdf

but it's stil cheaper at EDF for my usage in my area.:j
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It says if you move house they do not charge cancellation fee so thats good. Its showing cheapest for duel fuel on uswitch for our area but not for separate gas and elec suppliers
    Thanx

Lady_K
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family