scottish power

Options

Comments

• spaceraiders
    Options
    Lady_K wrote: »
    It says if you move house they do not charge cancellation fee so thats good. Its showing cheapest for duel fuel on uswitch for our area but not for separate gas and elec suppliers

Hmm. Is it a lot cheaper to go with two suppliers? I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle sometimes.
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No I don't think its worth the hassle either to have different companys for each unless the saving is gigantic and its never that much
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • wakeupalarm
    Options
    I can't seem to get the online energy saver 7 tarif when doing the quote on scottish powers own site, is it only available from comparison websites.
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ive just had a confirmation that Ive been changed to energy saver 6 tariff?
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, I just used uswitch and it said online energy 7 with sp was the cheapest for me.

Is it worth fixing this time? Are the prices expected to go up again?
    Hi, They have more or less implied that the only way is up,but canyou believe a word they say.OVO is fixed and cheaper than SP.Looking into it. No feedback from anyone as yet.No cash back sites seem to want to offer a discount on it. Wonder why.I thought comparison sites were supposed to be just that,not a plug for the big6?
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is ovo please?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2009 at 10:48AM
    Options
    Lady_K wrote: »
    What is ovo please?
    Hi,OVO is a new kid on the block.Trying to take the big six on. Their tariffs are very reasonable, they only do afixed one as yet, which if as the rumours are correct, then that,s what we might have to contemplate.Check it out.Look through the threads on here,its been discussed, vaguely.Just compared saver 7 to my new freshstart tariff with SP and my sums say saver 7 is £90 cheaper, yet my tariff is 5% below standard, and saver 7 is 3% below standard,as mine is guaranteed to always match the cheapest deal, thenmine should drop.How does 5%below standard become dearer than 3% below standard?
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    >>>>joe134

In my area Saver7 electric tariff is same as Saver6 electric tariff but the Saver7 gas tariff is 11% less than Saver6 tariff.

In my case, on dual fuel, it's still marginally cheaper for me with EDF and I'm not tied in with them until 30/11/2010, as you will be with Saver7.
  • robt7893
    Options
    Hi all
    Got back off holiday yesterday afternoon to find confirmation of EDF Gas switch over took place on 23rd Sept, rang automated service with Gas meter reading yesterday, so that's all sorted, also had final bill from SP I am £5 in credit after everything is taken off so that's worked out spot on, will look forward to my £5 check through the post, will check if my £60 pound has been paid by Topcashback later on today, I'm now a EDF customer and will see how things work out in time.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    Received a cheque for £69 from Scottish Power for my electricity credit, just waiting to hear from them about my gas balance.

My £60 is showing on Topcashback as payable on 30/9/09, so everything seems to be OK :T

Just waiting to see if SP charge me the £50 leaving fee
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family