Talk-Talk What I Know So Far....

Options

Comments

• terryfow
    terryfow Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to put in my plug for Eclipse :-)
  • iain_2
    iain_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    this would be the deal for me and Im already a talk talk customer for calls (not line rental) however I cannot find if it is available - I get an error message everytime but it does not give a reason (states "due to the reason below" and is then blank.)
    Has anybody else had this problem? - I live in centre of Derby, (DE22) I know Bulldog cant do me an 8mb connection (although the father in law a few doors down used to have the 8mb speed) so Im a little confused
  • happenstance
    Options
    fagun wrote:
    Martin, its also worht noting that those considering TT should sign-up using QUIDCO (I'm not sure what the other cashback sites offer). I'm tracking a payment of £40 (£20 for the tel line and £20 for the broadband) - which more than covers the £30 TT sign-up cost and the £5 that QUIDCO takes per year.
    Lol! I think they'd rather you signed up via their link.

If your just using the thing to browse it might be ok, but if you need to use VPN or FTP dont touch it with a long pole.
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    Ooohh...forgot one more thing - and it's a very important thing to consider. If you do take up this offer, remember that your line rental will move away from BT. That means that should you wish to leave talktalk to go to another ISP (which a lot of people will do when they discover just how crap the service really is), you have to move your line rental back to BT before signing up for broadband with anyone else.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • Andy_Lakeland
    Options
    Have to agree with MyUserNamesTaken and the others about Talk Talk Customer service.

I signed my father up with Vartec Broadband, great company, no contract and ready in a week, which in broadband terms takes some doing.

Talk Talk took Vartec over and sent a letter saying broadband would be transferred to them automatically. We called to make sure that broadband would not be interrupted, no problem they said, we would not even notice.

You guessed it, apparently there was a small hitch with the code they use to transfer connections, (MAC code) and bang went the internet. After 4 days on the phone and over 20 phones calls, finally got someone who knew what a computer was, they got it up and running in 30 mins, well running for day that is. 2 more days on the phone, apparently they had closed the account due to some confusion over the transfer. They told me that it was impossible to reopen the account and I had to set up a new one. Guess what, I would have to sign a 12 month contract, no way around it I'm afraid sir , system will no allow us to reopen an account and we must do a new contract.

Reported them to oftel and ofcom, apparently I was not the first and went back to BT. Also told them to cancel the normal phone calls, they said it would be done immediately, one month later we were still getting bills from them, had to get BT to cancel it for me.

We all make mistakes, but this one after the other and the people I spoke to just did not have a clue.
  • Andy_Lakeland
    Options
    !!!!!! 18 months is a long time to be dealing with such id...........
  • Toreador
    Toreador Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Well my line is currently with NTL (so I'm used to a total lack of support ;)). When I check for availability I get a message saying I can't use TalkTalk as I need to be with BT. Which is fair enough. But they don't tell me whether the exchange is unbundled or not - and I'm not going to change to BT if I still can't then change to TT!
    Is there anywhere else I can find this out?
  • OLDHAM100
    Options
    So the customer service is no good.
    Has anyone tried to ring AOL? My god what a nightmare. My bt direct debit is £20 a month and my AOL 1mb Is £19.99(special rate as i said i was leaving them 14 months ago) So For me who rarley needs any tech support or has any queries on the service i am getting its a dam good deal.
    I very much doubt anyone will come along in less than 18 months to offer anything better. My saving will be £324 over 18 months. I cannot fault it. I say take the gamble.
  • Claire_DC
    Claire_DC Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Options
    We're in the process of buying a house, and currently have NTL.. which we're planning on changing asap as they are RUBBISH, haven't had a month go by without any problems grr.

I don't think i'll be taking up this offer though as to me, there seems to be a hell of a lot of people who have had bad experiences with TT.. i do not wish to be another one of those, plus i don't think i could handle another 18 months of broadband/telephone line hell either lol.

Think we'll just go back to BT with pipex as our ISP as they were fine last time we were with them anyway.. and will do as much of that through a cashback site too haha.
    Lost lbs =
    Gained £s = Quidco £261.90, Free Fivers £22.26, Matched Betting
  • Claire_DC
    Claire_DC Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Options
    OLDHAM100 wrote:
    So the customer service is no good.
    Has anyone tried to ring AOL? My god what a nightmare. My bt direct debit is £20 a month and my AOL 1mb Is £19.99(special rate as i said i was leaving them 14 months ago) So For me who rarley needs any tech support or has any queries on the service i am getting its a dam good deal.
    I very much doubt anyone will come along in less than 18 months to offer anything better. My saving will be £324 over 18 months. I cannot fault it. I say take the gamble.

Eurrgh AOL, ditched them a long time ago lol.

You say you rarely need tech support.. is that because you know your own way around a pc or because you have had no need to use them? As if it's the latter, you may want to take into account the fact that other people have had numerous problems with TT so i'm guessing would therefore have needed tech support. :)
    Lost lbs =
    Gained £s = Quidco £261.90, Free Fivers £22.26, Matched Betting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family