PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone used Premier Property Lawyers?

Options

Comments

• redpower
    Options
    We are buying a flat with them. They have been fine but there have been delays. They blame the local firm of solicitors who the vendors are using.

What has annoyed me is that they (like all legal people) ask you to carefully read the documents they send you. Isn't this what I pay them for?

I then find inconsistencies in covenants and then have more questions and queries for them to resolve.
  • JKNotRowling
    Options
    Run by 16 year olds. Not very bright, not very professional, cannot decipher property deeds. The estate agent seems to be managing them and they are not Lawyers; but case handlers. After claiming I had been contacted to provide my marriage certificate in order to begin the exchange process the buyer was pushing for, they then told me 'not to make plans'. This is 4 days before they urged me to complete. House in boxes, baby at my mother's. Do not touch with a barge pole. Use a solicitor with appropriate qualifications, not an on line lawyer service.
  • ginandtonic1988
    Options
    I have had dealings with Premier Property Lawyers over the years but didn't realise that they were such a big firm trading under so many different names as:-

Current licence holder(s): • Ms Sally Marie Howitt (013358) • Mr Rob Stephen Gurney (013427) • Mr Edward David Percival (014699) • Mrs Jamie Morgan (014707) • Mr David John Baxter (014734) • Ms Siobhan Mary Connolly (015155) • Mr Andrew Stanley Armstead (016361) • Miss Lucy Jane Roebuck (016734) • Miss Mary Danielle O'Neill (017379) • Miss Enel Ots (018008) • Mr Christopher James Huntingford (018112) Premier Property Lawyers Ltd also trading as: - 1st Property Lawyers - City & County Conveyancing - D B Roberts Conveyancing - Farrell Heyworth Conveyancing - Fine & Country Conveyancing - Goodfellows Conveyancing - House Network Conveyancing - Intercounty Conveyancing - JNP Conveyancing - Kings Conveyancing - Lanes Conveyancing - Lifetime Legal Conveyancing - Move & Save Conveyancing - Myhomemove Property Lawyers - Newman Conveyancing - Park & Bailey Conveyancing - Philip Green Conveyancing - PO Box Post Code LE19 1YD - Taylor Robinson Conveyancing - TEAM Conveyancing - Thomas Oliver Conveyancing - WJ Meade Conveyancing
  • jgag
    jgag Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    we're trying to buy a property - the vendors are using PPL.

endless delays, unwillingness to read the deeds, don't understand the need for building regs, don't know how to register the property with land registry.

they've made our life hell and I swear they've cost the vendors thousands.

I will never get involved in a chain with PPL anywhere involved again...
  • Mike191
    Options
    Check their terms of business carefully and not just the headline quote they give you over the phone. They aren't that cheap when you actually add all the hidden charges, and certainly not cheaper than many firms of actual solicitors. So you could instruct someone who is fully qualified to deal with your matter personally, for the same cost or less.

Also with "factories" of this kind you often find if anything unusal pops up in the transaction, it will come to a screaming halt because their expert IT system will not know how to deal with it.
  • sprocker1
    Options
    Oh dear..... I'm reading this thread, and i'm not happy atall......

My situation, I have been very lucky and sold my property within 7 days, for the asking price. My buyers want to move in asap, as their buyers are 1st timers.... the 1st timers had the survey done on my buyers house the day my buyers offered me the full asking price. My buyers are having the survey done on my house tomorrow.

We are all looking at this moment in compleating in 6-8 weeks time.

The house that I am buying belongs to a couple who are splitting up, they are going into rented, so can move asap aswell.

So far so good......

Today I found out they are using PPL to sell to me. I am hoping that because the house is only 10 years old, has no rights of way, and has not been altered in any way that it may pass smothly?

Anybody know how long they would take to sell a house with no issues, and no onward sale??

Many thanks, and I will let you all know how I get on!
  • bigmac12
    bigmac12 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I've just used them. No problems at all. The lady assigned to my case was called Fiona. She did a top job.

Everything is stored in an online portal that you can log onto.

Only downside was the cost - my bill came in at £1100 and I'm a FTB with no SD!
  • owen22
    owen22 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As my mortgage brokerage firm has links to PPL I have just spent the last 15 mins reading all the replies in this thread before deciding whether to use them or not.

I have to say that thanks to arguements between first time posters (whose opinions, unfortunately, cannot be trusted) and "timmyt" (whose bias also renders his/her opinion as useless) myself and anyone else reading this thread will be none the wiser.

What I will say, from reading the opinions of established posters (excluding timmyt) in this thread, is that using PPL seems to come down to one thing - pot luck.

Personally, as a FTB, I wouldn't use any firm during the purchase of my house where the person I am dealing with is not legally qualified.

Fortunately, as I use solicitors through my job, I have been given a personal recommendation which I trust much more than the opinions of first-time/biased posters on here.

I'm guessing, as I am not going to be using PPL, that timmyt will refrain from replying to tell me that my personal opinion is wrong.

It would probably best to close this thread as there is little valuable information in here.
    And I'll see you/ And you'll see me/ And I'll see you in the branches that blow/ In the breeze/ I'll see you in the trees/ Under the sycamore trees
  • basilbrush18
    Options
    Don't use PPL. We should have exchanged contracts today and they are acting for the vendor. Due to a huge oversight on their part (and the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing) we've been unable to do so and have now lost the tenant who was die to rent our house.

Dreadful, frustrating, avoid at all costs!
  • Virgin
    Options
    I'm posting this prior to taking up my bed in a psychiatric unit.
    I became involved with PPL on the advice of my estate agent. As you can see from my user name I am new to this particular minefield so I assumed that all was in order but I think they had hit a problem which, to a solictor would have been an irritation, but to PPl was almost impossible to get round. 14 weeks on and no closer to completion I am sitting in a house I no longer wish to be in and my poor buyers are having to pay out several thousand pounds to store furniture, board pets and rent accomodation. I have decided to return to the solicitor I have always used in the hope that they can salvage something positive from this unholy mess. PPL have kindly waived what I owe them-approx, £2,500!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure