Amazon Prime Member Fee? Charged £48...

Options

Comments

• fishandonions
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    this thread is about folks who have signed up to the prime trial and couldn't grasp the concept of a trial period

Sorry, thought it was relevant and helpful. Guess I'll not bother next time.
  • popadom
    popadom Posts: 822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This may seem dumb: but with amazon prime, does this cover market place sellers?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rgay1992 wrote: »
    This may seem dumb: but with amazon prime, does this cover market place sellers?

no it doesnt
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    no it doesnt

It does if its a marketplace seller that is fulfilled by Amazon.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    ... because the last four things I've ordered since it renewed have been late.

Then, when I looked at the last thing I ordered it was cheaper now than when ordered as a prime member!

So you get free delivery with prime but they put the price up! And no longer guarantee next day delivery! Not worth it in my opinion.

:mad:

Re the last item you ordered - maybe it was the same price whether you were a prime member or not but since you ordered it, the price has gone down.

I may be wrong but I can't see Amazon having 2 separate prices depending on whether you are a Prime member or not.

I've always found that the free delivery actually arrives well before the date they give you.
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amazon change the pricing on stuff on a regular basis depending on what the price is at other retailers and things like the exchange rate.
    I've got some books that have been in my basket for months and they change pricing anything up to several times a day, and one of the DVD sets I keep meaning to buy varies from £8.99 to £23 on a regular basis (I've got about 40-50 items "saved for later" and every time I check my basket at least one or two will have changed price)

The price for prime customers doesn't seem to be any different than for anyone else - things like price search engines will demonstrate that (as will checking the price on a "clean" PC that has never logged into to your amazon account).
  • fishandonions
    Options
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Amazon change the pricing on stuff on a regular basis depending on what the price is at other retailers and things like the exchange rate...

Yeah I've noticed that before but it just seemed to change the moment my prime ended... Perhaps I'm just being cynical :)
  • bushbarns2009
    Options
    i found the 49 pound charge on my cc and contacted them. prime cancelled and money refunded. not a scam its our fault for not reading the details.
  • clkaz
    clkaz Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is not too relevent but can't find a thread for it.
    But is anyone here an Amazon vine member?

I got an invite today :d
  • littletwurrs
    Options
    I just wanted to post a quick thing for a few people as I work at one of the largest banks and its something that many people are not aware of.

People get quite argumentative when they call demanding we cancel and recall the payment off there card, it is IMPOSSIBLE. You have personally agreed to grant them the right to debit the money from your card, when you enter your details you agree that all services or purchases you make or agree to; can be taken from your registered card details.

Once the company has taken that payment, the money is in THEIR account and we cannot retrieve that, as far as the bank can see (from a legal point of view) you have agreed those funds to be debited. We cannot "reach into" a third party account and extract money, we can only send money out FROM an account.

We must know you have attempted to contact a company and request the service cancelled/contacted when a product isn't recieved. THEN the bank can help, ONCE the payment has reached your statement. But you must must must be aware that a company has the right to take upto 6 YEARS to fully claim the funds. I.E. they may have already been taken off your card but they haven't allocated the funds to an order and closed the order, so to speak.

The bank cannot help until then, and only then if they refuse to correspond with you. You must then request to dispute the transaction and fill a form out over the form, the bank will then give you the funds and attempt to get the money back. If they discover it has been you agreeing something you hadn't read properly then they'll take the money back.

Also its only fraud if you don't know who's taking the money from your card, and really you should be aware who you give your card details, it is after all your responsibility at the end of the day, not the banks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure