Amazon Prime Member Fee? Charged £48...

Options

Comments

• Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It does sound very odd, given they ask for me to update my card details whenever an order is on a card that expired - even when I have another current card also on record (I place a lot of pre-orders, and it's not uncommon for them to be delayed so about 2-3 times a year one is on a card that is expired by the time the order is ready).

Given that I can't see they'd be different for prime.
  • Santi7566
    Options
    This is the first time I have posted on a site like this but I am so fed up with Amazon, that I felt the need!

Like others on this site Amazon Prime took £49, from my account this month and said it was for somthing I signed up to January 2009! I am really careful about what I sign up for and can't believe that a big company like Amazon would try to trip its customers up like this. They have refunded the £49 for this year, but not for 2010 - I missed that one going out.

How many people have been or are continuing to be caught out by this. Amazon must be making a fontune! I feel really sad that this company that I trusted, turns out to be untrustworthy. :(
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Santi7566 wrote: »
    This is the first time I have posted on a site like this but I am so fed up with Amazon, that I felt the need!

Like others on this site Amazon Prime took £49, from my account this month and said it was for somthing I signed up to January 2009! I am really careful about what I sign up for and can't believe that a big company like Amazon would try to trip its customers up like this. They have refunded the £49 for this year, but not for 2010 - I missed that one going out.

How many people have been or are continuing to be caught out by this. Amazon must be making a fontune! I feel really sad that this company that I trusted, turns out to be untrustworthy. :(

well obviously not?
  • amandada
    amandada Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I signed up for Prime last week (in order to get a specific thing next day) and I've set a reminder on my phone and on the kitchen calender for cancelling it just before the end of the free month-hell mend me if I don't do it!
  • custardy
    Options
    amandada wrote: »
    I signed up for Prime last week (in order to get a specific thing next day) and I've set a reminder on my phone and on the kitchen calender for cancelling it just before the end of the free month-hell mend me if I don't do it!

just select not ot auto renew in your amazon
    no need for reminders
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Amazon couldn't make it any easier for people if they tried. I really fail to see why people have problems with this!!
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

I think custardy has already made the point about you obviously not being 'really careful about what you sign up for'.

You weren't 'tripped up' at all -
    When you get to the 'choose a delivery speed' bit it gives you the choice of:

Choose a delivery speed:
    FREE Super Saver Delivery (2 - 4 business days)
    First Class (up to 2 business days) radio-off._V192185023_.gif
    FREE One-Day Delivery with a free trial of amazon_prime_sm._V192252576_.gif (1 business day) (Learn more)
    Express Delivery : get it guaranteed by 1pm tomorrow, Saturday, November 20

If you click on FREE One-Day Delivery with a free trial of Amazon Prime, a big box pops up that explains EXACTLY what you are signing up for.
    You then have the choice to start your free trial or say 'No Thanks'.

You HAVE to tick one of the boxes to continue with your order.

So I don't see how you can say you didn't see anything about being charged an anuual fee.

Maybe in the light of the above information, you might wish to review your statement that Amazon are 'untrustworthy'.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Sorry Santi,

But you weren't "really careful". You didn't read what Amazon said about Prime and you didn't even bother to read this thread properly or else you would have found the multiple answers that Amazon didn't rip you off.
    The man without a signature.
  • fishandonions
    Options
    ... because the last four things I've ordered since it renewed have been late.

Then, when I looked at the last thing I ordered it was cheaper now than when ordered as a prime member!

So you get free delivery with prime but they put the price up! And no longer guarantee next day delivery! Not worth it in my opinion.

:mad:
  • custardy
    Options
    ... because the last four things I've ordered since it renewed have been late. well thats your choice

Then, when I looked at the last thing I ordered it was cheaper now than when ordered as a prime member! irrelevant

So you get free delivery with prime but they put the price up! And no longer guarantee next day delivery! Not worth it in my opinion.
    they dont change the prices for prime.Amazon prices always fluctuate
    :mad:
    this thread is about folks who have signed up to the prime trial and couldn't grasp the concept of a trial period
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure