DFW running club mark 3!! ALL ARE WELCOME!!

Comments

• Another smallish run today - 4.4 miles in 41:46 (9:29/mile). Was warm again. Could be interesting come Sunday if this weather holds - what with a 1pm start time... :rolleyes:

Total for the week = 12.9 miles.
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening!

A bit too pacey this evening - not far off the mark though:
    Mon - 1 mile intervals 7:54 avg, 2 miles warm up/down - 5 miles
    Tues - 4 mile tempo run in 34:37 8:39 mins/mile
    Weds - 10k in 69:07 11:09mins/mile
    Thurs - 10k in 55:36 8:58 mins/mile

Sooo I need to work on making that one about 30 secs per mile slower and Tuesdays about seconds per mile quicker :o:p, felt good today though - could have gone faster but got stuck at the end by huge crowds round Victoria/Buckingham Palace :rolleyes:

Some good running Krider - just remember if its hot on Sunday to take it easy in the first half or you might end up getting overheated (I always do at races in the warm :o).

Have a nice holiday Linda - how long are you off for?? Got idea what you are going to train for next - I think a nice flatish 10k should see some chunk come off your pb with a bit of work :D
  • Thats a very encouraging run - not far off PB on an 'easy' run.

It just shows that the PB is going to be subject to some major correction in the near future.:D:D
    Gt NW 1/2 Marathon 21/2/2010 (Target=1:22:59) (6:20/mile) 1:22:47 (6:19):j:j
    Blackpool Marathon 11/4/2010 (Target=2:59:59) (6:52/mile)
    Abingdon Marathon 17/10/2010, (Target=2:48:57) (6:27/mile)
    09/10 Race Results : http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=103461
    Racing Plans/Results - Post 3844 (page193)
  • becky_rtw
    Well I'd call it medium pace - I always have trouble finding that 9:30 pace...
  • becky_rtw wrote: »
    Have a nice holiday Linda - how long are you off for?? Got idea what you are going to train for next - I think a nice flatish 10k should see some chunk come off your pb with a bit of work :D

Thanks, we always have a great time.

I've entered the Bradford 10 mile City race in October and the Leeds 10k Abbey Dash in November :T
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • becky_rtw
    Leeds should be a nice one to attack and Bradford will be a pb anyway - that sounds very good :D
  • bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2009 at 6:17PM
    becky_rtw wrote: »
    Leeds should be a nice one to attack and Bradford will be a pb anyway - that sounds very good :D

The Bradford one is £12.00 to enter which isn't bad. (£2 discount for UKA members)

http://www.bradfordcitymarathon.com/bradford_run.htm

Looking forward to it, back to training after Center Parcs.
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • becky_rtw
    Yeah I cant do it because Rich is doing Cabbage Patch on the same day down south - so we're in London that weekend - let us know how it goes though because the marathon will be an idea for next year :D
  • becky_rtw wrote: »
    Yeah I cant do it because Rich is doing Cabbage Patch on the same day down south - so we're in London that weekend - let us know how it goes though because the marathon will be an idea for next year :D

Just paid my entry fee so doing it for sure!

Anyone else up for the Bradford city race? :confused:
    ...Linda xx
  • Rich has a cabbage patch?!?! he he.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport