Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Options

Comments

• hj2
    hj2 Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, I received the same e-mail. I thought it sounded a bit fishy, especially as it said I was one of 3 then the website isn't specific. Googled planet49 and is coming up scam, not much on free choice though
    2012 wins:
    May - baby show tix, 103 itunes downloads, June - gardeners world tix and meet alan titchmarsh, Mortal Chaos (book), Horse summer sheet, £50 Voucher

I'm hooked once again on comping, keep the wins coming please comping fairy
  • mandycr
    mandycr Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks thought as much will not be giving my details x
    best win in 2011:eek: 4 nights in Las Vegas :eek:
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • mandycr
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just received a call from someone tryin to sell me 280 odd tickets for the euromillions costing me just 5p per ticket which ussualy costs 2 quid each says they got my number from a comp i entered to win an iphone, (not to worry i am still in the draw to win the phone) :rotfl:he was rather pushy told him i dont enter into agreements lightly and i would have a look up on the net with regards to the company, he said i didnt have to and that he could tell me everything i need to know. yeah right told him to call me back tomorow anyway after i had time to check out the company looks like am gonna put him on hold next to some loud speakers for a while.
    no. he called from is 08009886006
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • nhoneymonster
    Options
    hj2 wrote: »
    Yep, I received the same e-mail. I thought it sounded a bit fishy, especially as it said I was one of 3 then the website isn't specific. Googled planet49 and is coming up scam, not much on free choice though

I've just had the same email through MyOffers. I got to the bit where they ask for your details then started looking into it. Might not be a scam but if a few people are getting these emails probably not much chance of winning.
  • Madmonk
    Madmonk Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone give me an idea of how long it usually takes to receive your prize? I was e-mailed on the 7/06 that I had won a prize in a Wagamama promotion/competition and was asked for my address. I duly e-mailed it back on the same day But so far I've received nada? Sorry if I've put this in the wrong section I wasn't sure which one to use:o

MM
  • Fliss_M
    Fliss_M Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    30 days is standard. Am still waiting for a disney goody bag from the start of the month myself. Am not gonna start chasing till we pass the magic 30 day figure
    4 children, 2 cars, 2 full time working parents, large detached house and the will to save every money saving penny we can
  • Madmonk
    Madmonk Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I'll just have to be patient!;)

MM
  • sfx
    sfx Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    I received an email from 'Planet49 & MyOffers' today, saying

Congratulations! You have just been nominated to be our possible winner!
    We are happy to announce you that you are one of our Lucky three selected to win one Apple Product:
    With an Ipad, Iphone and IMac.

I assume its a scam but most scams are less precise, I havent had many that have said I was one of 3. I clicked the link and there doesnt seem to be any viruses attached but I have heard bad things about the site. Is it a scam? 95% sure but I thought I'd ask. Cheers.
    2 Nokia 5800's from Pepsi last year, and Im off to a winning start this year with 1 win from 5 codes :D
  • mandycr
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes its a scam a few ppl here have had the same email all with there names on it, i have won from my offers before though so not all that comes from there is a scam hope something good comes along for u soon
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • zigzigzag
    zigzigzag Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Received a call (from 02075800818) saying congratulations I had "won" a comp for a "free" makeover and photoshoot, including unlimited champagne, at a studio in Oxford Circus, London: Studio London. All they needed from me was a booking fee of £40/£60, which would be refunded to me after the shoot. No photos were included in the "free" prize, but I would be able to purchase photos if I wanted; I asked about prices but they wouldn't give me any. They tried to get me to agree to book in the next few days. I said I couldn't as I needed to get my hair cut first! I said I would ring them back.

Then I googled their number (and looked at whocallsme.com) - all the results indicated that they are a telemarketing scam, some people said they mis-use your credit card details, others say they get you tipsy on champagne and then pressure-sell their photos at extortionate prices (hundreds of pounds).

I haven't phoned them back, and funnily enough they haven't phoned me back either. Scam. :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback