Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Options

Comments

• Chocmonster7
    Options
    claire738 wrote: »
    Got a letter today to my address with no name just "Mr/Mrs"

I got one of these letters yesterday so they are still at it. Beware of anything from Matters Consulting Ltd t/a Survey UK!
  • tonydav43
    Options
    I received an email yesterday which is a scam, please beware & DO NOT send them any information. I've copy & pasted the scam below along with my response!!!

Sent: 07 November 2007 12:09:45

HOME OFFICE: 165 FULHAM PALACE RD. W6 8JB UNITED KINGDOM .
    (Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X2/70
    Batch: 074/05/ZY345
    e-ticket number: 56475612545 187

Attention Winner

Congratulations once again from all the staff here. I am in receipt of your mail and I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this year lucky dip sweepstakes. As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 125,000 website on the internet of which your email address (tonydav43@******.******) was attached to a ticket number, and it was selected along with others as winners.

Your ticket number: 56475612545 187 attached to your email address, with Serial number 5368/03 drew the lucky

numbers: 4 5 16 19 21 49 20(bonus no.42),this luckynumber subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of £691,252 (Six hundred and ninety one thousand, two hundred and fifty two pounds sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/07. This is from a total cash prize of £2,073,756 (Two million, seventy three thousand, seven hundred and fifty six pounds sterling) shared amongst the first ten (10) lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus.

I have finally verified your winnings and it's exactly with what is present on our Database. Your particulars have been documented for record purposes.
    You can now begin the final step of the claims process, which is the transferring of your cash prize to you.Please fill in the verification form provided below

VERIFICATION FORM
    1.Full Name___________________________
    2.Full Address_________________________
    3.Marital Status_____________________
    4.Occupation____________________
    5.Age____________________________
    6.Sex____________________________
    7.Nationality___________________
    8.Country Of Residence______________
    9.Telephone Number_______________
    10.Fax Number______________________
    11.Ticket Number___________________
    12.Reference Number_______________
    13.Batch Number____________________
    With regards to this,please contact the courier department with the informations provided below:.
    For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning informations?confidential till your claim is processed and your money transferred to yourdesignated bank account of your choice. This is a part of our precautionarymeasure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by someunscrupulous elements. Please be warned.
    Fax +447075700285
    Phone:+447024038565
    :+44 7031916489

Thank you for your understanding
    Regards,
    Rev Eddie James
    Claims Agent

Copyright © 1994-2007 The UK National Lottery Inc.
    All rights reserved. Terms

My response was like so:
    Many thanks for responding so quickly to my email, i am so excited that I have won so much money on the lottery. Please can you tell me where and when I can send you my bank details so that you can bleed my account dry. Do you think that we are all stupid, you might be able to con some people but then some of us do have some common sense about us. Why dont you just stop trying to con people and go out and get a real job like most people in the world do, the one thing I hate is people that con people just to make a living, blood suckers is what I call people like you. So in response to your email you can take it and shove it where the sun dont shine, oh by the way I have passed all your details onto an organisation that my brother works for, you might have heard of them you might not have they are called WFIS which stands for world faud investigation squad, dont you just hate it when you send a scam out to the wrong person, oh by the way I would keep a look over my shoulder because this organisation knows who people like you are and it is only a matter of time before you are caught and it is a federal offence to do what you are doing and carries a very long prison sentence. He has told me of a new electronic tracking device that they have obtained, which can track an email sent months ago to a certain computer, fingerprint the keyboard etc and catch people like you.

Have a nice day

Regards

Just wanted to make people aware of this as it apparently happens once every 3 months so please don't be caught out by it. And let everyone know about it!
    :beer:
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ACCEPT THIS FOR YOUR PAST EFFORT‏

i_yellowshield.gif You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
    Sent: 08 November 2007 14:43:42
    Reply-to: aminu_sufu@yahoo.fr
    To:

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}Dear friend,
    I am very happy to inform you about my success in getting that fund.Now, I want you to contact my secretary on the information below:Name: Mr.Aminu Sufu , Ask him to send to you the total sum of ($1200.000.00) US Dollars in a bank draft, which I kept for your compensation. So contact him
    immediately on his e-mail: ([EMAIL="aminu_sufu@yahoo.fr"]aminu_sufu@yahoo.fr[/EMAIL]) and send him the below information to enable him deliver your bank draft to you.
    1.YOUR FULL NAME:_________________
    2.YOUR ADDRESS:____________________________
    3.TELEPHONE NUMBER:___________
    4.OCCUPATION:_________________
    Regards,
    Dr.Kevindon

I've had 2 of these today!
  • EverDecreasingCircles
    Options
    I received this email this afternoon...

The Irish National Lottery.
    Dear Winner,

The Irish National Lottery, wishes to congratulate you on your success
    As one of our Prize Winner in this years International Awareness
    Promotion (IAP) held on Saturday 3rd November 2007,in London. You have
    Therefore been approved to claim a total sum £1,298,223 GREAT BRITAIN
    POUNCE STERLING to be shared amongst the (2) lucky winners in this
    Category i.e. Match 6 plus bonus. To begin processing of your prize

Mr. Scott William,
    The Irish Claims Manager.
    E-mail: [EMAIL="irish.claimsagent01@yahoo.de"]irish.claimsagent01@yahoo.de[/EMAIL]

Contact him, with your, Names: Address: Age: Occupation: Phone no:

Yours faithfully,
    Engr. Brain Johnson

I might have been duped, if I actually did the Irish Lottery!

Jen x
    Biggest win: £10,000 from Pepsi
    Favourite win: Handmade jewellery worth £1000
    ITV Winners Club Member #1
    Check out the ITV Winners Club in IWIWIW
    I shall write in ever decreasing circles until I have nothing left to say
  • Maz2216
    Options
    What has happened to the rest of the pages on this thread?
    I was reading through it and once it gets to page 4, it won't go any further, even though it says that there is 10 pages to it?
  • essexgal
    essexgal Posts: 2,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Maz2216 wrote: »
    What has happened to the rest of the pages on this thread?

Hi Maz2216

Welcome to the Compers bit:santa2:

Anything before the beginning of July this year has been 'lost' due to technical issues:mad:

The techies are working to try and restore them (fingers crossed) so the four pages you can read at the moment were actually pages 7, 8, 9, and 10 and it's the earlier posts that are currently awol. No idea why it still shows the pages, but I'm not technically minded :D

Hope they can retrieve/restore them because they are so useful to refer back to.

essexgal
    ;)old enough to know better, young enough not to care;)
  • cat9586
    cat9586 Posts: 636 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, Im a little worried. Had a phone call the other week from 'axa' apparently I had entered a competition with them and won a years dental accident cover and did I want to purchase additional cover. I said that I didn't and the guy said it wasnt a problem and would send out my cover plan for the dental stuff. Anyways had a few phone calls from them but not answered. The other day they caught me off guard and a girl was stating she was from axa etc etc, I told her I had already spoken to someone from them and she apologised and hung up. Still not had any documentation and had loads of missed called. Think I was right to turn down additional cover, I think I almost got scammed.
    Win £2008 in 2008 member's club number 30

2008: Iguana, 2 x Cadbury DVD, 3 x Book, Mascara, Chubby Brown DVD, Asterix Wii Game, 3 Beanie Hats, Bag, Armband,
    Total: £183 (£1835 to go!) (2007 = £341)
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    The Axa one probably came via this site as they were giving away a years free dental and/or accident cover which Martin put in his weekly email. I've had a call from them too and now that you mention it I still haven't had the paperwork through!
  • f1re_cr4cker
    Options
    is this a scam?? received this

AFF_TNL_RGB.jpg
    HOME OFFICE: 165 FULHAM PALACE RD. W6 8JB UNITED KINGDOM.
    (Customer Services)
    REFERENCE NUMBER:UK/839030X2/14
    BATCH NUMBER:065/088/XY24
    TICKET NUMBER:023-1111-790-458

Dear Winner,

Congratulations once again from all the staff here. I am in receipt of your mail and I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this year lucky dip sweepstakes. As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 125,000 website on the internet of which your email address ([EMAIL="f1re_cr4cker@hotmail.com"]f1re_cr4cker@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
    ) was attached to a ticket number, and it was selected along with others as winners.

Your ticket number 023-1111-790-458 attached to your email address, with serial number 5073-12 drew the lucky numbers
    05-11-12-16-17-45-42(bonus no.42),this luckynumber subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of £480,152.00 (Four Hundred and Eighty Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty-Two pounds sterling) in cash credited to file XYL/26510460037/04. This is from a total cash prize of £3,3610.64 shared amongst the first seven (7) lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus.

I have finally verified your winnings and it's exactly with what is present on our Database. Your particulars have been documented for record purposes.

You can now begin the final step of the claims process, which is the transferring of your cash prize to you.Please fill in the verification form provided below

VERIFICATION FORM
    1.Full Name___________________________
    2.Full Address_________________________
    3.Marital Status_____________________
    4.Occupation____________________
    5.Age____________________________
    6.Sex____________________________
    7.Nationality___________________
    8.Country Of Residence______________
    9.Telephone Number_______________
    10.Fax Number______________________
    11.Ticket Number___________________
    12.Reference Number_______________
    13.Batch Number____________________

Ms. Roxanne Mills

Claims Agent
    for UK Lotto Inc.
    Sweepstakes Online Games.

footer_over16.gif
    Copyright © 1994-2007. The UK National Lottery Inc. All rights reserved
  • lyndseyann
    lyndseyann Posts: 24,555 Forumite
    Options
    i recieved one of these as well havent done anything about though wasnt too sure
    When you read my posts, think Barry from Auf weidersehen pet...I sound just like him ;) :rotfl:
    Boing boing baggies baggies :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure