DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• carab_3
    carab_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    ianmak wrote: »
    I presume the DMP hasn't been setup yet?

No it hasn't been setup yet. I may be trying to get hold of the wrong person then. Thanks for that. Off to the phone again.
  • emmiloam
    emmiloam Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I sent my first payment to CCCS on the 1st of June, I havent received my welcome pack yet and was wondering if it contains a code for accessing your on line details. I have tried to access them and put forgotten password, but it keeps saying account number and e-mail address dont correspond! I know my email address is right with CCCS because they confirmed it with me last time I spoke to them.

Hi, just catching up on posts and haven't posted for a long time.
    If you go on to the CCCS website and click where it says "forgotten password" it will email you with a new one and you will be able to log in straight away.
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You should only really have the one contact, unless you've already been passed up the line, in which case you should have contact details for them?
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • scouselad1974
    scouselad1974 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I've just posted my creditor statements and proof of income to CCCS,
    Can somebody tell me what happens next ?

Thanks
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
  • carab_3
    carab_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    ianmak wrote: »
    You should only really have the one contact, unless you've already been passed up the line, in which case you should have contact details for them?

My Case Officer? That's who I've been trying to contact but she won't call back for some reason. I'll keep trying.
  • smcshane
    smcshane Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    leese2504 wrote: »
    :rotfl:

Hey smcshane, you are exactly the same as us, re mortgage secured loan and around the same debt amount. I have read up on CCJ's and charging orders etc on the goverments website and it clearly states that a CO shouldnt be granted unless terms of a CCJ have been breached and it clearly states how you can object to a CO. So i am just ready and waiting now to take it all the way ( I imagine Northern Rock are going to be arsey so I have sent SAR as it was taken out in 2006 ) and I am not afraid to go to court. But you cant help being afraid of the unknown so I am doing as much revising as possible. ( should be a financial advisor after this ):rotfl:I myself am also not bothered re CCJ or defaults as i will never live on credit again. How are you getting on with your DMP smcshane, any creditors threatened court action with you yet? x

Hi Leese,

No threats of court yet but only made my first payment to CCCS this month. Out of my creditors heard back Barclays (1 x o/d and 2 x loan), all saying that the DMP wasnt acceptable as would take too long to pay back. Had the termination notice for my current account so expect to hear more about that soon they did say it would be passed to the recoveries dept but nothing regarding the loans!!!
    Halifax, Next and Marbles have all accepted reduced payments and frozen interest so just waiting to hear from Egg CC, Adsa CC (GE Money), Barclaycard and Citi CC (CCCS resent the letter to them as they said it hadn't been received)!!

Barcalys are my only worry but just got to see what happens, still banking with them in their basic account so it's not as if they are loosing all my business and they really own my house at this point anyway!

Take Care all.

Sx
    Faced up to debts April 2009: £43099:eek:
    31/12/2013 £3516.66 91.5% paid :beer:
    DMP Mutal Support Thread Member 303!
    POAMAYC 2013 Member 121 - £4262.98/£4000
    6% above target :j
  • smcshane
    smcshane Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    smcshane wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick question. First payment has gone off to CCCS and everyhting seems ok so far!!!

I know CCCS say if you have any extra money then let them know so they can make a, "fair, pro rata" extra payment to all the creditors, hence why I want suggestions here before speaking to them.

At the end of June I will be getting an extra 6 days pay, for working a weeks holiday. This will amount to about £500, I have two small creditors, next and asda cc whcih total £600.

Was wondering if I should offer Full and Finals so early into my DMP but this would then free yp some extra money each month for the other creditors too. Also, before I do this should I ask for CCA's as is this more likely to get them to accept reduced offers.

Thoughts appreciated.

Sxx

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd repost this to get some thoughts as not many people around at the weekend!.

Thanks Eupho for the input though it was noted :rotfl:Sx
    Faced up to debts April 2009: £43099:eek:
    31/12/2013 £3516.66 91.5% paid :beer:
    DMP Mutal Support Thread Member 303!
    POAMAYC 2013 Member 121 - £4262.98/£4000
    6% above target :j
  • DevonGirl
    DevonGirl Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I've just posted my creditor statements and proof of income to CCCS,
    Can somebody tell me what happens next ?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, assuming all is correct, they will fairly quickly (? 5 days?) send you a letter to say it's all set up. You get a booklet now that you are an official DMPer, a list of all creditors and amount owed. Also, a 'Notification of entering into Debt Management Plan' (or something) form which you photocopy and send to all your creditors with a token payment.

Hope this helps - memory not as good as it once was :rolleyes:
    DG :D
    LBM - March 2009, DMP Start - April 2009
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member 297

(Don't forget to click on 'Thanks'! Thanks!)
  • leese2504
    leese2504 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    smcshane wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd repost this to get some thoughts as not many people around at the weekend!.

Thanks Eupho for the input though it was noted :rotfl:Sx

I say go for it, 2 less to worry about, would there be any point in CCA them for such small amounts? I bet they would accept a smaller f&f offer as they would prefer to get those small amounts off their records. I would imagine CCCS will not agree to it due to it not being pro rata? :rolleyes:
    LBM MAY 2009 :T

Doing my own DMP with help and encouragement from EUPHO ;):D
  • scouselad1974
    scouselad1974 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    DevonGirl wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, assuming all is correct, they will fairly quickly (? 5 days?) send you a letter to say it's all set up. You get a booklet now that you are an official DMPer, a list of all creditors and amount owed. Also, a 'Notification of entering into Debt Management Plan' (or something) form which you photocopy and send to all your creditors with a token payment.

Hope this helps - memory not as good as it once was :rolleyes:
    DG :D

Thanks for your reply, I can't wait to get started, although I'm bricking it to as they say ;)
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport