DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• leese2504
    leese2504 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,

Well just checked my internet banking and 5 of my token cheque's have been cashed today, does this look like they might be accepting my DMP payments? Or am I just kidding myself, I am sooooooo scared now
    LBM MAY 2009 :T

Doing my own DMP with help and encouragement from EUPHO ;):D
  • kew63
    kew63 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Need some words of calm & reassurance.

Hubbie's debt is from business closing but he wasnt Ltd so it's down to him. Priority debt is the tax man but on a payment plan with them and they are being very nice.

Of his non-priority debts the big ones are two suppliers, who are actually being very very nice. The worst and most aggresive by a long shot is ScottishPower, their portion of the total debt is only 1%, so however nasty and threatening they get we cant pay them off on favour of anyone else.

We have a appiontment on wed with CAB & later this month with CCCS - with hope of setting up a DWP. In the meantime we sent them a letter explaining this and a token payment.

They have replied with a letter notifying us that they intend to start court action (it's from Sterling Collections) for non-payment, although they have amended the amount of the debt by the token payment and we know they paid it in !

Friends of our keep telling us that they will threaten court action and send increasing nasty and horrible letters, but you just have to hold firm and not panic (finding that bit impossible), that court action on £300 debt is often just a threat, and if we are sending token payments, which we can show that's all we can afford, and we are treating everyone fairly with pro-rata payments, that court action may uphold the payments we are making.

Help, I just need reassurance that these letters are hot air, I'm so terrified of getting home one day and there being a court summons. I dont know what that will involve but it sounds expensive & adding more expense to an already terrifying sum is just heartbreaking, when you are paying every penny you can spare towards debts.

Thanks & if poss could you let us have a DMP member number - think we'll be on here for quite a while ....

DMP Mutual Support Thread Member : 318
  • DevonGirl
    DevonGirl Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    leese2504 wrote: »
    Morning All,

Well just checked my internet banking and 5 of my token cheque's have been cashed today, does this look like they might be accepting my DMP payments? Or am I just kidding myself, I am sooooooo scared now

Morning Leese

As I understand it, most creditors will accept any payment you give them, but it doesn't necessarily mean they've accepted it. When you next get your bank/ credit card statements they will show the underpayment and may say something along the lines of 'you are in a temporary arrangement' somewhere, which is a sign they've accepted it. These won't stop you getting the default notice btw.

There's another thread I've seen on DFW, 'Creditor won't accept payment' which has some useful responses that might help. CCCS advise just to keep paying so you can be shown to be willing to sort out your debts.

Hope this helps!
    DG :D
    LBM - March 2009, DMP Start - April 2009
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member 297

(Don't forget to click on 'Thanks'! Thanks!)
  • leese2504
    Options
    Thanks Devongirl, thought as much, at least I know they have received letter and are aware of my situation. I dont know why i keep getting scared I am ready to fight this and I will do anything in my power to stop a charge on my house ( no equity anyway ) ;)

• carab_3
    carab_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Payplan? I've finding it very difficult to get in touch with my Case Officer.

I had my first call about three weeks ago to list my debts (scary!), then the second with my Case Officer to work out my income and expenditure in more detail - it went very well and she really set my mind at ease.

A couple of days later I received the list of income/expenditure in the mail to have a look at and raise any queries with a promise to call me back in two days. That was almost two weeks ago. Since then I've left a message for her and sent an e-mail.

Do they usually take time to return calls? I'm planning on calling again tomorrow if I don't hear from them today.
  • smcshane
    smcshane Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Leese,

I know what you mean about Co's this is the thing I am most frightened about, not two worried about defaults and CCJ's as my credit file would have been knackered for much longer if I hadn't tackled this as it would have just kept going on and on and on...........
    When I sat down and thought about CO and a forced sale though I decided the bank would be bonkers to even go there, not only has my house value decreased but I have a mortgage and secured loan (how I wish I knew about DMP's before we toook that one) for 125% of value 2 years ago so definitly no equity and this is all with Barclays who are also my main creditor so they actually would not benefit in any way.
    Faced up to debts April 2009: £43099:eek:
    31/12/2013 £3516.66 91.5% paid :beer:
    DMP Mutal Support Thread Member 303!
    POAMAYC 2013 Member 121 - £4262.98/£4000
    6% above target :j
  • CharliesAngel
    CharliesAngel Posts: 435 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon All

Hope you're all having a good Monday...

As the above would suggest, I'm looking forward over the next week and the outlook is gloomy! Much like the weather lol... I have a whole 20 earth pounds for petrol (10), tram (12) and food (?) (I know it doesn't add up!)... sounds alot I hear you cry but this is someone who forgets she was out of work a while and still has things to catch up on...

Managed to get value rolls from Mr M yesterday and have paste (yuk) in the cupboard so I'm going for five NSDs in a row (bar the petrol and tram fare)... cat food is stockpiled and no DDs are due out the bank...

Transferred 9 squids to Lloyds yesterday and might manage the rest on Friday but then again there's the three new tyres and both sets of brakes to pay for :o

Feel like a right old moaning minnie today...

Ooh and if anyone gets a call off Think Banking (I did at ten past 9 this morning), apparently 'lovely people' who can give you a basic bank account with a Maestro Card... don't do it! They charge £25 set up and £12.50 a month to run it! Best off going with one of the major banks for free....

CA xx
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • leese2504
    Options
    :rotfl:
    smcshane wrote: »
    Hi Leese,

I know what you mean about Co's this is the thing I am most frightened about, not two worried about defaults and CCJ's as my credit file would have been knackered for much longer if I hadn't tackled this as it would have just kept going on and on and on...........
    When I sat down and thought about CO and a forced sale though I decided the bank would be bonkers to even go there, not only has my house value decreased but I have a mortgage and secured loan (how I wish I knew about DMP's before we toook that one) for 125% of value 2 years ago so definitly no equity and this is all with Barclays who are also my main creditor so they actually would not benefit in any way.

Hey smcshane, you are exactly the same as us, re mortgage secured loan and around the same debt amount. I have read up on CCJ's and charging orders etc on the goverments website and it clearly states that a CO shouldnt be granted unless terms of a CCJ have been breached and it clearly states how you can object to a CO. So i am just ready and waiting now to take it all the way ( I imagine Northern Rock are going to be arsey so I have sent SAR as it was taken out in 2006 ) and I am not afraid to go to court. But you cant help being afraid of the unknown so I am doing as much revising as possible. ( should be a financial advisor after this ):rotfl:I myself am also not bothered re CCJ or defaults as i will never live on credit again. How are you getting on with your DMP smcshane, any creditors threatened court action with you yet? x

• DevonGirl
    DevonGirl Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options

As the above would suggest, I'm looking forward over the next week and the outlook is gloomy! Much like the weather lol... I have a whole 20 earth pounds for petrol (10), tram (12) and food (?) (I know it doesn't add up!)... sounds alot I hear you cry but this is someone who forgets she was out of work a while and still has things to catch up on...

Feel like a right old moaning minnie today...
    CA xx

Hi CA - moan away! This is the forum for it! :rotfl:

I do sympathise... Some months are very tight! I've got £30 until the end of the month, but do have all bills paid, food in the cupboard/freezer, health and happiness, so have to remind myself that there are people at lot lot lot worse than me... :o Had to give a reduced payment to CCCS this month as my boiler broke... Hope creditors won't shout too much, but emergency fund has been wiped out and budget down to bare minimum... Back to Ebay and Amazon, I guess!

Hope things get better for you :D
    DG
    LBM - March 2009, DMP Start - April 2009
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member 297

(Don't forget to click on 'Thanks'! Thanks!)
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    carab wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Payplan? I've finding it very difficult to get in touch with my Case Officer.

I had my first call about three weeks ago to list my debts (scary!), then the second with my Case Officer to work out my income and expenditure in more detail - it went very well and she really set my mind at ease.

A couple of days later I received the list of income/expenditure in the mail to have a look at and raise any queries with a promise to call me back in two days. That was almost two weeks ago. Since then I've left a message for her and sent an e-mail.

Do they usually take time to return calls? I'm planning on calling again tomorrow if I don't hear from them today.

I presume the DMP hasn't been setup yet? Normally after doing the initial figures you get passed up to another Team (A long term team, for want of a better term). But you should have been notified if that happened.

All I can suggest is keep phoning. Someone must pick up eventually. They are under a heavy workload I believe, but that's no excuse for not returning your calls.
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport