DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    Options
    My new bank account SMILE..

To save myself getting loads of postal orders I used cheques to send my Token payments. (13 creditors)

Then!.. when I requested my CCAs from them.. I did it again.

I asked SMILE for a new cheque book (as I now have none left :o)

and they replied ... 'We have recieved the request due to account conduct it will need to be reviewed before we can action this request'

(oh they spelt received wrong.. haha)

Anyhoo.. YIKES!.. Its my NEW account.. and I reeeally don't want to upset them already.

AND!.. most of the CCA cheques haven't even been chased yet.. :o :eek:

I think I better call them on Monday and 'explain' ... :undecided
    (and next time I do a mass 'send' .. I drag my lazy body to the Post Office and get Postal Orders) :o
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • Moany_Money
    Moany_Money Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    jaybag wrote: »
    Hello all,
    thought I would pop in and stick my 2 pence worth into the "shiney new thread" oooooo!
    Re the d debits going back on,it has happended to me twice,I check my old bank account on line and a loan for MBNA has been reinstated and Abbey loan is still active,I both canceled this on line .I spoke to my bank -gulp- and they said that I would have to speak to the creditors and get them to cancel the D debits,which obviously they wont as I guess they are stil trying to get the cash every month so I will just keep on canceling them every time they re-instate,big time pain in the a**e,but will just have to keep doing it I gues.....

Hi Jaybag, I had exactly the same problem with MBNA reinstating a DD, I had to get the Ombudsman involved!!. MBNA will just say the bank keeps on reinstating it so be prepared for a bit of a battle on that one.
    I'm always in the brown stuff (marmite)....only the depth varies!!! :rotfl:
  • Hi, I sent my first payment to CCCS on the 1st of June, I havent received my welcome pack yet and was wondering if it contains a code for accessing your on line details. I have tried to access them and put forgotten password, but it keeps saying account number and e-mail address dont correspond! I know my email address is right with CCCS because they confirmed it with me last time I spoke to them.
  • ladyday
    ladyday Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I sent my first payment to CCCS on the 1st of June, I havent received my welcome pack yet and was wondering if it contains a code for accessing your on line details. I have tried to access them and put forgotten password, but it keeps saying account number and e-mail address dont correspond! I know my email address is right with CCCS because they confirmed it with me last time I spoke to them.

I think it was about a month before I received my CCCS password in a letter, it was random letters and numbers for me, and it was sent separately from the welcome pack.
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    St0lli wrote: »
    Oooooer Ian... you silver tongued lothario! lol:rotfl:

Well, I try my best. :D Hey, how you doin? ;)
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • symesd
    symesd Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I have recently started to tackle my credit cards for charges... got 3 of the 5 statements back & sent off the letters with the charges,

Barclaycard - £121.17
    Barclaycard - £180.37
    Barclaycard - £216.36

2 Replies so far - Barclaycard (£180.37) they have not admitted to it but made a good will gesture to pay all..... but off my credit card balance.... not what I wanted exactly, but at least it is reducing my debt. Wanted the money to help pay off Gas / Electric bill (£1100), never mind...

Wait to see what Barclays do with the other two, hopefully will get the statements through for two Royal Bank of Scotland Credit Cards - anyone have any experience of these - will they do the same as barclays and pay it off the balance outstanding?

Could do with getting our Gas bill reduced its crippling paying £263 a mth for our Gas/Electric.

At least the debts are coming down, should get under £30,000 this month yipeee.

Bye for now.

:rolleyes:
    Debt £34,800 - Dec 2012
    Debt £12,500 (Dec 2015)
    Current Debt £6,435 (Nov 2017)
  • St0lli
    St0lli Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    symesd wrote: »
    I have recently started to tackle my credit cards for charges... got 3 of the 5 statements back & sent off the letters with the charges,

Barclaycard - £121.17
    Barclaycard - £180.37
    Barclaycard - £216.36

2 Replies so far - Barclaycard (£180.37) they have not admitted to it but made a good will gesture to pay all..... but off my credit card balance.... not what I wanted exactly, but at least it is reducing my debt. Wanted the money to help pay off Gas / Electric bill (£1100), never mind...

Wait to see what Barclays do with the other two, hopefully will get the statements through for two Royal Bank of Scotland Credit Cards - anyone have any experience of these - will they do the same as barclays and pay it off the balance outstanding?

Could do with getting our Gas bill reduced its crippling paying £263 a mth for our Gas/Electric.

Bye for now.

Hiya... to my knowledge all credit card companies work this way if you have an outstanding balance with them. The only time they will send a cheque is if you have a zero balance. Halifax and MBNA reduced my outstanding balance but not the arrears. NatWest issued me with a cheque in respect of a refund as I had cleared my balance with them a few months before.

HTH
    Light Bulb Moment 4th January 2009 :eek:
    Started DMP 1st April 2009 :A
    DMP mutual support thread member: 267 :j
  • St0lli
    St0lli Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    ianmak wrote: »
    Well, I try my best. :D Hey, how you doin? ;)

Said in your best New York Joey accent I hope! :D
    Light Bulb Moment 4th January 2009 :eek:
    Started DMP 1st April 2009 :A
    DMP mutual support thread member: 267 :j
  • Eupho
    edited 8 June 2009 at 8:41AM
    Options
    symesd wrote: »

Barclaycard - £121.17
    Barclaycard - £180.37
    Barclaycard - £216.36

Bye for now.

Hi Symes :wave:

I don't know if this is any good to you, but I noticed it the other day.. Might be worth a read just in case it is any use. (it is from this website ~ on the grants page)

*Help with utility arrears
    As well as grants to make your home more energy efficient some utility companies also offer them to help if you have large arrears on your gas, electricity or water bills. You'll need to be a customer of the company so if yours is not listed contact it to see if it has a similar scheme.
    Gas & Electricity: Schemes are offered by British Gas Energy Trust, EDF Energy Trust, Npower First Step

:wave:
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • Eupho
    Options
    St0lli wrote: »
    Said in your best New York Joey accent I hope! :D
    haha! :rotfl: