DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    Options
    newlywed wrote: »
    Just a little update about my reduced DMP payment for this month (been on DMP 2 years).....

Rang mint credit card - they didn't want a reason, they said as long as they get some sort of payment from CCCS then it is fine - and all should carry on after that with no problem. So yeah - they really don't care ;)

Got mint loans and cl finance to ring. Secure messaged First direct as they were the stroppy ones previously :rolleyes:

Eupho - As for hearing with acceptance from the DMP - some took 3 months to accept. Some never told me - some just stopped interest and I took that as an ok. For one, I only found out after getting my credit report and it being marked with "arrangement to pay" and me assuming that meant they accepted :o

YAAAY!! :T

and thankyooo or the words to me. :beer:.. I really AM glad I posted now.
    Just shows you really.. KEEP posting. (like I tell everyone else) :rolleyes:;):rotfl:

:wave:
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • Eupho
    Options
    Oh and Leese

CCAs.. so far.. I have only had one reply.. and that was 2 pages of photocopy T&Cs from Barclaycard.. (nothing about ME on it) ..

and nothing from anyone else yet. :rolleyes:
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 June 2009 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Sorry can't help with the cca stuff.
    I reserved that option for if the creditors became difficult about the DMP. I went with the I spent it, I should pay it back - but if they decide to cause me problems - I will change my mind on that very quickly ;)

Edit: Not saying you shouldn't, just that I didn't ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Eupho
    Options
    Sorry can't help with the cca stuff.
    I reserved that option for if the creditors became difficult about the DMP. I went with the I spent it, I should pay it back - but if they decide to cause me problems - I will change my mind on that very quickly ;)

Edit: Not saying you shouldn't, just that I didn't ;)

Oh I have no idea what I am supposed to do with them anyway. I sent for them more because I *could* .. :rotfl:

I just thought they would be handy to have if things do get difficult in the future.
    From my understanding.. even if there ARE errors.. you still have to pay.. just that they cant hound you for it.

I think.. :rotfl: well.. that's what I thought anyway.. hahah!
    Is that wrong?
  • newlywed
    Options
    I think if the agreement is definitely wrong then they can't pursue the debt in court. Therefore you could stop paying and if it goes to court (if they try to get a ccj) you can produce the cca they sent and object on the grounds its unenforceable and then the judge might kick it out of court or possibly make them write the debt off.

It's the "if it went to court" bit that also made me not bother - I'm a big scaredy-cat!! :p

However if a creditor is chasing/hounding you, then it can buy you a bit more time to pay.
  • Eupho
    Options
    Mind you.. I was just thinking.

Maybe it effects me badly having asked for them? ..
    Can they still get passed to DCAs if there are errors? .. and.. dont I WANT them to go to DCAs.. in the hope that interest and charges (MIGHT!) be frozen?...

gawwd.. lummy. I'll shut up.. I'm confusing MYSELF! :rotfl:
  • newlywed
    Options
    interest and charges seem to be MORE likely to be frozen if it goes to a DCA ;)
  • Eupho
    Options
    interest and charges seem to be MORE likely to be frozen if it goes to a DCA ;)

I hope so.. because Im sure thats where I'm headed haha!

But me requesting CCAs.. does that effect me being passed to a DCA? ..

I suppose not.. unless I challenged the CCA maybe.

haha.. :rolleyes: I knewww I should have waited requesting.. I'm such a dummy with all this. :rotfl:
  • Yippee31
    Yippee31 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hiiiiiiiiii. Could I have a number please? Think I may be here for some time!

Have been lurking for yonks but have had a rubbish fortnight, split up with OH which means I have to move into rented but on the plus side it has meant that I HAVE to face up to my debts!! Have arranged a DMP with CCCS which will hopefully start in August which gives me a months money to buy some basic housey stuff. Just waiting for moving in dates etc so I can get broadband and whatever set up (think they sometimes credit check you for this so don't dare officially start the DMP until I am moved in and set up as need broadband for work) then I can get on with the rest of my life! Don't particularly feel like my username at the mo that's for sure!!!
  • Eupho
    Options
    Yippee31 wrote: »
    Hiiiiiiiiii. Could I have a number please? Think I may be here for some time!

Have been lurking for yonks but have had a rubbish fortnight, split up with OH which means I have to move into rented but on the plus side it has meant that I HAVE to face up to my debts!! Have arranged a DMP with CCCS which will hopefully start in August which gives me a months money to buy some basic housey stuff. Just waiting for moving in dates etc so I can get broadband and whatever set up (think they sometimes credit check you for this so don't dare officially start the DMP until I am moved in and set up as need broadband for work) then I can get on with the rest of my life! Don't particularly feel like my username at the mo that's for sure!!!

Helloooo Welcome! :beer:
    I think a lot of us maybe here sommmmetiiiiiime. :rotfl:

I'm sorry about your OH..:undecided
    But!.. as you say, at least it's helped pull your head out of the sand... AND! off for a whole new fresh start! Well Done!! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts