DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• Yippee31
    Yippee31 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    I am just trying to keep in mind that the alternative is for me to go bankrupt which means they won't get paid anything like what I owe! Simple as that! I don't own anything of value so I am just doing the best that I can.
  • leese2504
    leese2504 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Eupho wrote: »
    Hellooo Leeeese :wave:

Thankyou for that :beer: ... I feel a bit better now.. I just nipped into town for some *Retail Therapy* on a budget.. :rotfl:

I used my Boots advantage points to buy some nice new shampoo/Conditioner (for me).. an eye-liner & blusher for my daughter. .. and a WHSmith voucher I had to buy one of my boys a book he wanted and the other a fat bar of chocolate and a pack of batteries for his MP3 player.

Ohh how different it is without the plastic.. haha!

I even did it FAST and dipped out on paying for parking.. :rotfl::T

Thankyou ;) xx

Hiya so glad you feel better, its so much better shopping without the plastic and coming home without feeling guilty :D I felt scared yesterday because some of my token cheque's have been cashed ( including HSBC ) and I couldnt help thinking " this is it " but today I feel good again, not doing too well with sleeping so I am taking some herbal tablets to learn me to relax and be HAPPY again as it feels like a long time and I have forgotten. So we all have our bad days, dont beat yourself up. Still keep imagining what it feels like to be debt free, I will be :beer::j:T:D and credit will make me :mad: and I will be so :cool: cos I will pay cash for everything making me an :A I am such a geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek xxxxx
    LBM MAY 2009 :T

Doing my own DMP with help and encouragement from EUPHO ;):D
  • cocker100
    cocker100 Posts: 518 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2009 at 9:06PM
    Options
    jaybag wrote: »
    Hello to everyone
    Just a quick one,I am going to request a CCA for my Virgin loan(MBNA) I have looked on the CCA updates thread,but it is a bit confusing,I know that there are a few letters I need to send out and there is something called 12+2 ??? and I also need to send a payment of £1? is this all right?:think:

Any help would be much appreciated,thanking you in advance

Hiya,

Post number 9 in the following thread is the first letter you need to send. Amend it to suit your needs.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=963087

You are correct about enclosing the £1 fee.

The 12 + 2 letter is used if the creditor fails to comply with your request within the perscribed time limit. 12 working days plus 2 extra days for posting. (12+2) This letter is not required until then.

All the other letters you would need are also found within this thread.

Also, ignore the 12+2+30 rule as it no longer applies.

Hope this helps,

Cocker:)
  • mcrfan
    mcrfan Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Not been on here for a while, all has been quiet everything seems to be accepted except for Natwest - they keep saying the reference number is incorrect and it was at first, CCCS had it wrong but even now it has been corrected and sure they have accepted a payment they are now saying the number is incorrect? Is this a ploy to reject the DMP?

Has anyone ever reduced their DMP payments? I need to reduce mine by a small amount but am just concerned that this may "rock the boat" as all has been calm so far. I am making only slightly reduced payments anyway so a reduction of £40ish wouldn't make a massive difference but I am just worried about what the reactions will be, perhaps more so with the smaller ones as they are getting small amounts anyway...
    DMP with Payplan
    DMP Support number 287
    Trying to lose lbs and save £££s!
  • gaztop26
    gaztop26 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    It's just over two years so shows how much this thread has grown.

The first payment you make to your DMP you will feel about 20stone lighter, like a huge weight has been lifted, and it'll be a huge relief.

Basically, go with the flow a little. It usually takes a few months for them to stop interest and charges. That does mean that for a few months your debt goes up (as they are charging interest and you are paying less) so just be prepared for that.

After 4 months all mine had accepted and that's when the debt started to drop.

newlywed, thanks for the encouraging post. I am making my first CCCS DMP payment on 01st July, so as someone starting out its nice to hear from someone who has been doing it a while.
    When does your DMP finish?
    [STRIKE]£67000[/STRIKE] in unsecured debt at LBM June 2009:eek:
    Debt free date Monday 22nd July 2013 :)
    **!* DMP mutual support thread member: 316 :wave:*!**
    8 Original creditors; 7 successful F&F payments made!! :T Thank you Stepchange!
  • Lovella
    Lovella Posts: 90 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mcrfan wrote: »
    Hi all

Not been on here for a while, all has been quiet everything seems to be accepted except for Natwest - they keep saying the reference number is incorrect and it was at first, CCCS had it wrong but even now it has been corrected and sure they have accepted a payment they are now saying the number is incorrect? Is this a ploy to reject the DMP?

Has anyone ever reduced their DMP payments? I need to reduce mine by a small amount but am just concerned that this may "rock the boat" as all has been calm so far. I am making only slightly reduced payments anyway so a reduction of £40ish wouldn't make a massive difference but I am just worried about what the reactions will be, perhaps more so with the smaller ones as they are getting small amounts anyway...

Yes, I've been on a DMP for 3 years and there have been occassions (boiler blowing up, mortgage rocketing, OH made redundant for example) where I've had to made one-off reduced payments. None of my creditors has ever batted an eyelid. Currently I'm about to make payments of almost half what I normally pay for a period of three months. I need to do this to take the pressure off my OH who isn't working. With Payplan it's pretty easy as I can just amend my budget online and they contact my creditors on my behalf.
    LBM Nov 06 -Highest debt £37,000
    Current debt - ZERO, NADA, ZILCH:j
    DMP Support Member #152
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • sandalwood_2
    Options
    cocker100 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Post number 9 in the following thread is the first letter you need to send. Amend it to suit your needs.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=963087

You are correct about enclosing the £1 fee.

The 12 + 2 letter is used if the creditor fails to comply with your request within the perscribed time limit. 12 working days plus 2 extra days for posting. (12+2) This letter is not required until then.

All the other letters you would need are also found within this thread.

Also, ignore the 12+2+30 rule as it no longer applies.

Hope this helps,

Cocker:)

Thanks cocker ur a star,still not sure if I am going to do this yet.but will keep letter handy if i decide to
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2009 at 11:07AM
    Options
    newlywed wrote: »
    Oh... and if the creditors threaten stuff - like defaults etc - don't get in a panic - come on here and ask if what they say is true ;)

A Default is ok - it's just a black mark on an already mucky credit rating. And the sooner it comes the better as it stays for 6 years from the date of the default (not the date you finish paying ;)). It also often means they will stop interest and charges too :D

Phew!.. haha.. :rotfl:

because I just got my 2nd Default .. (first one was from RBOS.. they were FAST. It was their 'reply' to my letter/offer. :rotfl:)

This one today.. is from Egg.. 'Default Notice' ... giving me until early July (wont date it.. in case they are reading haha :o) ... to pay the (missed one payment) arrears. After that they say they are passing it to their Solicitors.. or a DCA.

I also got a letter from Halifax.. Just asking me to pay the one missed payment. :rolleyes: READ MY LETTERRR EEjits!... ;)

Edited to add:
    Oh! and FINALLY my Co-Op Cashminder account stuff arrived.. That the account I'm going to use for DMP payments only. So at last I can set all those up today. Phew!
    :wave:
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • DevonGirl
    DevonGirl Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    Eupho wrote: »
    Phew!.. haha.. :rotfl:

because I just got my 2nd Default .. (first one was from RBOS.. they were FAST. It was their 'reply' to my letter/offer. :rotfl:)

This one today.. is from Egg.. 'Default Notice' ... giving me until early July (wont date it.. in case they are reading haha :o) ... to pay the (missed one payment) arrears. After that they say they are passing it to their Solicitors.. or a DCA.

I also got a letter from Halifax.. Just asking me to pay the one missed payment. :rolleyes: READ MY LETTERRR EEjits!... ;)

Edited to add:
    Oh! and FINALLY my Co-Op Cashminder account stuff arrived.. That the account I'm going to use for DMP payments only. So at last I can set all those up today. Phew!

Sounds like it's going well, Eupho!:T Every day seems to be an adventure for you at the moment! :rotfl:

Notice from your signature that you've managed to get rid of one creditor... Did you pay that off in full or did you offer a F&F payment? And if so, how much % did the creditor agree to?

Best wishes
    DG :D
    LBM - March 2009, DMP Start - April 2009
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member 297

(Don't forget to click on 'Thanks'! Thanks!)
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2009 at 12:49PM
    Options
    DevonGirl wrote: »
    Sounds like it's going well, Eupho!:T Every day seems to be an adventure for you at the moment! :rotfl:

Notice from your signature that you've managed to get rid of one creditor... Did you pay that off in full or did you offer a F&F payment? And if so, how much % did the creditor agree to?

Best wishes
    DG :D

haha.. :wave: Hi DG.

Not as exciting as it seems.. That was my stupid fault in the first place.. :rolleyes:

I thought it WAS 13 creditors.. and sent all the right letters/offers accordingly.
    Only to find out that my Morgan Stanley was now the Barclaycard cash card I had.. (instead).. duh! :rolleyes::rotfl:

Soo.. I lost a creditor.. :T

I notice they still cashed my token payment though.. sneaky gits.. :rotfl:
    But!.. I am sending an F&F out today tho.. its my tiniest debt.. its a £380 debt.. and I am offering £240 .. If they refuse.. I will offer a bit more.
    If they still refuse I will pay it off anyway.. One more down at least.

I wrote a nice letter :lovethougsaying that if they want to accept it before my DMP starts :: koff :: then to let me know within the next 2 weeks.. Or I will have to go back to offering them £2 per month.. and offer it to someone else.

(I have tweaked the figures very slightly up there, incase anyone is reading ;)

Anyhoooo.. I have just set up all my DMP (standing order) payments now from my new (DMP payments only) bank account.
    All except one.. (horrible) Hitachis Capital (DFS Sofa) .. They hate me :rotfl:.. and have refused every thing I have tried to do regarding making smaller payments.

I dont have.. and cant find online (banking) .. ANY sort code and account number for them.. All I have is some kind of referrence number for my account. But I neeeeed the other info.
    They have refused to cash anything I have sent them so far. :mad: :: kicks Hitachi Capital in the leg ::

I'm keeping all the proof of everything/everytime I am TRYING to pay them.. (should it come up in the future)

I'm tempted to call them in the hope I get some dummy who doesnt know of all this hooharr yet.. (considering half the creditors still sem to have no idea my DMP :rolleyes:) ..

and see if I can sneak a number out of them.. mind you.. I was just thinking.. I bet they ask to set up a DD instead... and I'm not (quite) daft enough to do that!
    :rotfl:

Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing