Comments

• skintmumofone
    Options
    Hi can I have a number too please.
    :jLiving Life to the Full :)
  • crafty1
    crafty1 Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Once again no real news from me - Barclays have rejected offer now for 2 o/d's and 2 loans but not heard anything further. RBS have just sent normal bill but noticed they've cashed token payment but not heard if they've accepted reduced payments or not - think I would just like to know one way or the other - perhaps they are waiting until they actually get a payment from the CCCS....who knows..........at least no phone calls as yet.......
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can I have a number too please.

Hellooo and Welcome! :T:beer:
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • Eupho
    Options
    crafty1 wrote: »
    Once again no real news from me - Barclays have rejected offer now for 2 o/d's and 2 loans but not heard anything further. RBS have just sent normal bill but noticed they've cashed token payment but not heard if they've accepted reduced payments or not - think I would just like to know one way or the other - perhaps they are waiting until they actually get a payment from the CCCS....who knows..........at least no phone calls as yet.......

Hi Crafty :wave:

if it's any help.. RBOS were one of the first to respond to me..

13 days after I sent my letters/offers.. (just checked my records haha!)

Anyhooo...
    soo.. wrote my letter
    (they have still not cashed my token payment almost one month later)

Got letter a few days later saying I has 2 default sums amounts. (but it wasnt nasty)

2 days later got a 'Usual Statement'

3 days after that they sent me a Default Notice.. (which was my reply to my letter)
    BUT!.. it wasn't horrible.. (not as scary as I was expecting)..

It said.
    'Thank you for your Financial statement (SOA).. Before your offer of payment is considered a default notice will be issued.
    This will be followed by a Termination letter 21 days later, formally cancelling the facility, as you are unable to make payments in accordance with the T&Cs.

Our debt recovery Office will contact you shortly with regard to your repayment proposals, and the suspension of interest charges Please note.. interest will continue to be added to your account, until the payment proposals are accepted...
    Should a third party be dealing with your account please forward this letter to them.

(Nope.. doing DMP it myself)

I was pleased they acted so fast actually.. (I think) :rotfl:
  • Eupho
    Options
    hardly anyone knocks on my door.. mostly because all my friends/family.. and children's friends, just come in.

Soo.. when someone DOES knock.. I wonder what the heck they want.. :rotfl:

This morning.. I was eating my breakfast .. dressing gown on.. hair all over the place.

and I heard this *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* on the door.. _pale_

I tip toed to the door.. (smoothing my hair down).. and behind the glass I could see a big tall man, dressed in black, with a black briefcase.. :eek:

Debt collector!!! :eek: already???? :eek:

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* _pale_

Soooo.. I thought.. hmm.. I know my rights! (i think :o)

Tightened my dressing gown.. smoothed my hair again.. Flung open the door, ready for battle.. and said.. 'Hi.. can I help you?' ... (ready to tell him to clear Orrrrf ~ nicely ;)

I have never.. EVER been sooo pleased to see a Jehovah Witness at my door! :T:j:T

I nearly asked him in for tea! :rotfl:

Anywayy. .. lesson learned.
    I CAN cope if a DC agent turns up at my door. :T
  • sandalwood_2
    sandalwood_2 Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Eupho wrote: »
    hardly anyone knocks on my door.. mostly because all my friends/family.. and children's friends, just come in.

Soo.. when someone DOES knock.. I wonder what the heck they want.. :rotfl:

This morning.. I was eating my breakfast .. dressing gown on.. hair all over the place.

and I heard this *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* on the door.. _pale_

I tip toed to the door.. (smoothing my hair down).. and behind the glass I could see a big tall man, dressed in black, with a black briefcase.. :eek:

Debt collector!!! :eek: already???? :eek:

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* _pale_

Soooo.. I thought.. hmm.. I know my rights! (i think :o)

Tightened my dressing gown.. smoothed my hair again.. Flung open the door, ready for battle.. and said.. 'Hi.. can I help you?' ... (ready to tell him to clear Orrrrf ~ nicely ;)

I have never.. EVER been sooo pleased to see a Jehovah Witness at my door! :T:j:T

I nearly asked him in for tea! :rotfl:

Anywayy. .. lesson learned.
    I CAN cope if a DC agent turns up at my door. :T
    Ha ha ha....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    you crack me up,you can really tell a story well....:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Eupho
    Options
    jaybag wrote: »
    Ha ha ha....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    you crack me up,you can really tell a story well....:rotfl::rotfl:

hahah!..
    My dad always told me I had an imagination like Walt Disney.. :rolleyes:

:rotfl::wave:
  • kew63
    kew63 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    Great Eupho really made me smile :-)

Had meeting with CAB this morning, lovely lovely man and although still feel terrified but he's settled me on a number of fears.

Got to now find an accountant as there's a possibility hubbie may not be liable for some of the debts (was his late father's company).

But had a income/expenditure sheet done, which we can wave at the non-priority debts especially a rather nasty power company north of the border !! and tell them to shove their threats.

Onwards and upwards anyway and if anyone knows of a brillliant accountant that will work for beans love to hear about them :rotfl::rotfl:
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member : 318
  • at_my_wittsend
    Options
    Did a budget review today with CCCS. Am now grrrrrr. When I first set it up last Sept, they told me I could have £20 for school trips a month, £6 newspapers etc. Today I have been told the most I can have for school trips is £10!!! And £5 for newspapers, and it seemed that everything else I had they said nope you have to have this and it was lots less. Even told me one thing I had I could no longer, they gave me it last time! So this has nicely pushed up the amount I can pay back, however, I was just managing as I was :-( My kids both doing swimming at school once a week at a cost of £1.30 each! Then every week they bring letters home needing a £1 for this that and the other or £3.00 if its something special coming into school. I told the women this but she said tough basically. I am disillusioned with the whole thing now, because it appears to me that once you start the plan they want to cut back and bump up the payments. I would have preferred a hike of £20 a month, not over £60! Also the way she worked the income out, x it by 12 and dividing. I don't get that figure in my account every month she came up with. Was thinking of going it alone and was using the update to then jump ship. Wish I had never done an update with them and jumped ship and done it myself. I can't now for 6 months go back and say I earn less etc. Am feeling slightly miffed to be honest. I want to pay all back I owe but at an affordable rate. I didn't have this problem when I first joined ??? Why are figures your allowed for clothes etc going down?? Also, never realised if you had big things to pay out for like car repairs etc you are supposed to inform them and they tell you creditors you can only make smaller payments that month etc. Sorry for the moan but I think in their eyes from what was said DMP's are to run no more than 10 years my new payments bring me under that. To be honest the women I had must have had PMT as I didnt find her as pleasant as people I have dealt with in the past. x
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Feeling a bit down today as I have received a letter from CCCS saying one of my creditors does not accept the reduced payment offer. :mad:

They say not to do anything as they will carry on - but that the creditor will probably default me and pass the debt on.

I knew it would probably happen - and that setting up the DMP was not going to be easy, but when I got the letter I felt sooooooo deflated. :rolleyes:
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    LBM - May 2009 :idea: [STRIKE]Debt - £40K[/STRIKE] :eek: now £20K :cool:
    Debt Free - 2015 (or before with some effort) :T
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No. 319 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business